What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy related discussion

Quite a few if you go and look. A lot more than covid is killing. I'm triple vaxxed as is my wife but no way in the world am I getting my boys done (4 and 1). The virus is harmless to them

You made the claim, now back it up with evidence. I hate this weak response “go and look”. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

ACTPanthers

Bench
giphy.gif

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
All the kids dying from the vax?! FMD. This is absolutely not happening, whatever rabbit hole you’ve gone down is lying to you, but ultimately you’re responsible for spreading misinformation. Pull your head in.
Or is Smug Just attempting to 'stir the pot'.

I agree with you're comments HH about vaccinations being one of the great advances of the late 20th century.

Those poor souls in iron lungs (yep even children) or with caliphers on their legs.Or struggling to breathe with whooping cough

https://rarehistoricalphotos.com/children-iron-lung-advent-polio-vaccination-1950/

These were some of the children who survived. Any graveyard will show headstones of babies, children, young adults taken by these horrible diseases.

soc123_au

Staff member
You made the claim, now back it up with evidence. I hate this weak response “go and look”. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
There is evidence to support both sides of the argument. Also counter evidence to debunk either side as well. It just depends what you choose to believe. As I've stated numerous times, I'm pro choice, not anti vax.

I do struggle with otherwise intelligent people eating up the narrative and believing everything the government spews out though. Governments are self interested hypocrites and have been since the Romans and Greeks before them. Pretty much everyone knows it and openly admits it, yet they eat this shit up like lollies. It blows my mind. And no, I dont believe half the QANON bullshit either.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I don't 'swallow' what Govts spew out either.

I do believe what credible medical scientists have said in the past about Covid, and what these same scientists are saying now.

I've also seen how covid is affecting people I love and care about. Dear friend of mine has long covid. She had 2 shots but not the 3rd. She also has underlying health issues.

I called and spoke with her on video about 1/2 an hour ago. She is struggling to talk at times, also struggling to breathe.

In some folks it's a very serious disease.

I hate to think how many would have died if vaccinations weren't available.

There is evidence to support both sides of the argument. Also counter evidence to debunk either side as well. It just depends what you choose to believe. As I've stated numerous times, I'm pro choice, not anti vax.

I do struggle with otherwise intelligent people eating up the narrative and believing everything the government spews out though. Governments are self interested hypocrites and have been since the Romans and Greeks before them. Pretty much everyone knows it and openly admits it, yet they eat this shit up like lollies. It blows my mind. And no, I dont believe half the QANON bullshit either.

The claim was made that covid vaccines are killing “a lot more” children than covid itself, this is totally false. There’s no supporting evidence for “both sides” on this one.

1. it’s true, covid is of very low risk to children overall.

2. it’s also true that around 13000 children have died from covid worldwide

3. the amount of covid vaccine related deaths is nowhere near 13000 for children, not even close.

I can understand parents deciding not to vaccinate their young children for covid, it’s of low risk. But it’s clearly an anti vaccination position to claim more children have died from the vaccine than covid itself. That’s straight from anti vaxx HQ.

DinkyDi

Juniors

I know of people who died from COVID, they were unvaccinated. I also know of people who survived COVID, and they were vaccinated. I do not shallow all that the government has told me. What grates me is when people twists the evidence to suit their agenda. Now this is the last thing I will say about it.

soc123_au

Staff member
The claim was made that covid vaccines are killing “a lot more” children than covid itself, this is totally false. There’s no supporting evidence for “both sides” on this one.

1. it’s true, covid is of very low risk to children overall.

2. it’s also true that around 13000 children have died from covid worldwide

3. the amount of covid vaccine related deaths is nowhere near 13000 for children, not even close.

I can understand parents deciding not to vaccinate their young children for covid, it’s of low risk. But it’s clearly an anti vaccination position to claim more children have died from the vaccine than covid itself. That’s straight from anti vaxx HQ.
From or with. Big difference. They have admitted to fudging the numbers. I'm not doubting for a second that covid is real or that it's a very nasty virus. The biggest problem for me is that the loudest voices on both sides are so full of shit it makes your head spin. I just wish the bullshit would stop.

From or with. Big difference. They have admitted to fudging the numbers. I'm not doubting for a second that covid is real or that it's a very nasty virus. The biggest problem for me is that the loudest voices on both sides are so full of shit it makes your head spin. I just wish the bullshit would stop.

For the purposes of this discushion it doesn’t matter, because the amount of children who’ve died from a covid vaccination is minuscule.

It’s a bald faced anti vaccination lie that more children have died from the vaccine than covid itself.

Remember, the claim was made that “far more” children have died from the vaccination than the virus. I asked for evidence, none was forthcoming. Because It doesn’t exist. You liked that post.

If people are going to make extraordinary claims, they should back it up.

I’m not going to comment on this again, it’s pointless. An anti vaccination lie was posted, I called it out and asked for evidence. it’s telling that the post couldn’t be backed up with evidence.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Quite a few if you go and look. A lot more than covid is killing. I'm triple vaxxed as is my wife but no way in the world am I getting my boys done (4 and 1). The virus is harmless to them
I understand the worry, I have 3 kids myself.

Two of my children are fit and healthy and the virus probably wouldn’t effect them that much.
My youngest was born with a heart condition, he contracts it, he will be in real danger.

There are many children in his position, not just heart conditions, but anything that lowers their immune system.

No children have died from the vaccination, who ever has told you that is lying. Fact

Im certainly not trying to tell you what to do, I don’t bother trying to change anti Vaxers minds.
But be aware, your kids may be perfectly fine, but one of their class mates or friends may well not be.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I understand the worry, I have 3 kids myself.

Two of my children are fit and healthy and the virus probably wouldn’t effect them that much.
My youngest was born with a heart condition, he contracts it, he will be in real danger.

There are many children in his position, not just heart conditions, but anything that lowers their immune system.

No children have died from the vaccination, who ever has told you that is lying. Fact

Im certainly not trying to tell you what to do, I don’t bother trying to change anti Vaxers minds.
But be aware, your kids may be perfectly fine, but one of their class mates or friends may well not be.
The reduce the spread myth is done really. It's why I got the vax to start with. It doesn't help in any significant way

Latest posts