What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Penrith games

Smug Panther

First Grade
I actually think one of the key stats was that there back 5 failed to make any meters.

Manlys pack was gassed from defence yet there back were completely shut down and dominated.

Turbo made 150m but garrick was next best with 72....

I dont think the importance of having a strong back 5 who can all contribute heavily with meters in the modern game can be stated highly enough..

The game is faster than ever and the forwards are more tired than ever. The backs MUST be good at gaining yardage. Lose that battle and your stuffed imo.
Meters are very important. Manly have shit forwards who make none

forby

Juniors
Question - isn’t a 20m restart an optional kick meaning it has to be a drop kick?
Garrick’s kick for Saab’s try tonight was a punt which should have negated the try.

Girds89

Bench
Meters are very important. Manly have shit forwards who make none

One of the main reasons staines was dropped id say! Ivan understands the game and knows the importance of the back 5 contributing big meters to allow the forwards a rest.

I like charlie..hopefully he can have a big game tmoz and get really involved. We need him too!!

Smug Panther

First Grade
One of the main reasons staines was dropped id say! Ivan understands the game and knows the importance of the back 5 contributing big meters to allow the forwards a rest.

I like charlie..hopefully he can have a big game tmoz and get really involved. We need him too!!
Fox barely makes meters either. It's all about balance and having To'o allows us the play any attacking weapon we like on that wing

Girds89

Bench
Fox barely makes meters either. It's all about balance and having To'o allows us the play any attacking weapon we like on that wing
Might not be a huge eater meter but he still avgs 128m a game and takes his fair share of hit ups.

Much more than charlie. He just needs to pick his oppurtunites and run it with 110% effort instead of 80%..

The game he played fb there was 3 or so runs he looked really dangerous because he actually utilised all his speed bringing it back.. just a shame we barely get to see that. Heres hoping tmoz!

Munky

Coach
Manly got caught with their right side second rower stopping in defence when the ball went wide past him.

The Storm came back inside and went straight through the hole a couple of times.

We need to make sure TPJ keeps pushing in every play in defence for atleast the next two games since he has that laziness in him.

Original Name

Juniors
In the gf To'o made 110 metres so look what Storm did to him last time they got serious.

Besides it's not just about the metres mainly it's about the play the ball you get away because that effects the entire set after that. If To'o gets a quick play the ball then Staines is turned onto his back slowly for 4 seconds then that makes To'o's quick play the ball meaningless. That's worse than taking no run.

No matter how many runs Staines takes he'll be a negative if he f**ks us over whenever we're gaining momentum. Needs to pick balance it out with which runs he takes if he plays but it doesn't matter against Souths. Just like Manly aren't Storm's level Souths aren't on ours.

murraymob

Coach
Roosters v titans
Just shows how a game can change in minutes titans disallowed try .thrn penalty then try in the matter of minutes there down by 10

Girds89

Bench
Roosters v titans
Just shows how a game can change in minutes titans disallowed try .thrn penalty then try in the matter of minutes there down by 10
How the f@ck did verrills not get 10 in the bin?

They lose kelly to a broken nose, to a straight shoulder to the head... and he stayed on. Mond boggling

They lose kelly to a broken nose, to a straight shoulder to the head... and he stayed on. Mond boggling
I think this is a similar situation to Cleary’s a few weeks ago. I think Verrills showed less care than Nathan, but ultimately there was no force as he was standing his ground. I think a penalty is sufficient.

murraymob

Coach

Both sides not matter who wins will be cannon fodder for manly next week.Melbourne have a armchair ride into the grand final

I think this is a similar situation to Cleary’s a few weeks ago. I think Verrills showed less care than Nathan, but ultimately there was no force as he was standing his ground. I think a penalty is sufficient.
Just te-read what I wrote and think I am an idiot. It was head contact. Agree it should have been a bin.

This is why I should be drinking by now; the drinking quiets the other voices..

Latest posts