What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Sharks Topic. Panther injury

PJ

First Grade
You may or may not have heard that a Panther player was injured in friendly wrestling with a team mate after the game on Sunday.

Rumour has it that it appears the injury could be a lot worse than first thought and he may not play for a long while, if at all.

PJ

First Grade
Swain wasn't the player I heard, but they could have got the name wrong.

Just had a look at the team sheets for the weekend and I'm sure they got the wrong name.

carcharias

Immortal
I heard it was in Rydges at 5 am ??? wrestling hmmmmm.
I don't know about anyone else but I don't wrestle with men in hotel rooms at 5am.
I heard it was someone else too....out for the year.

Im positive it's Swain from the reports ive read in the paper etc SS. He and Waterhouse were wrestling after being the the turps at 5 am in the morning at Rydges where they were staying. Swain is apparently gone for the year but i havent heard anything about it being career threatening.

Nuffs

Bench
is anybody suggesting 2 penrif players fighting after a night at northies on the drink?

surely not!

that would turn rugby league into a disgrace again

hopefully the panfers board keeps it underwraps

Jimbo

Immortal
Quite a bizzare incident, and surely puts said player in JOKE OF THE LEAGUE contention...

duck light on the subject from FOX website

Swain cracks vertebra
By James Hooper
June 22, 2004

THERE were fears about the immediate playing future of Penrith forward Luke Swain last night after a freak accident left the hard-running lock with a fractured vertebra in his neck.

Swain spent last night in traction at St George Hospital after a playful early-morning wrestle with fellow Penrith forward Trent Waterhouse went wrong on Monday morning.

The pair had chosen to stay at Rydges in Cronulla after the Panthers' win over the Sharks on Sunday.

The incident occurred in their room when Swain and Waterhouse were rumbling at about 5am.

Initially Waterhouse thought Swain was joking until his teammate told him to call an ambulance. Swain was suffering from pins and needles in his arms but had full feeling in his legs.

Waterhouse spent yesterday with him at Sutherland Hospital in Miranda before Swain was moved to St George Hospital, where he will have surgery today.

Waterhouse was privately extremely upset about the accident last night. "We were just stuffing around wrestling. I thought he was only mucking around when he said he was hurt," Waterhouse said.

Penrith coach John Lang confirmed Swain was expected to be sidelined for the remainder of the season.

"He's OK. He's got his movement but he felt something go. He must have landed awkwardly," Lang said.

Provided the operation is a success then Swain is expected to be able to return for the Panthers next season.

Surely

Post Whore
Must have banged his head on the head board ... doggy style, it's far to dangerous for amateurs :)