What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Norman for Jack Bird

The calm one

Juniors
Jack unfortunately suffers from a life long affliction: rheumatoid arthritis. A cruel blow for a young, talented athlete, still only 25. Cronulla got enough out of him to get a premiership, but he is a brittle proposition who apparently needs constant medication for the ailment.
Still, it's the Dragons, so you never know.
This is not happening. Move on

This Year?

Immortal
It's hilarious how one of our own would prefer someone who can't get on the field over Norman.
One of the best posts of 2020.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Jack unfortunately suffers from a life long affliction: rheumatoid arthritis. A cruel blow for a young, talented athlete, still only 25. Cronulla got enough out of him to get a premiership, but he is a brittle proposition who apparently needs constant medication for the ailment.
Still, it's the Dragons, so you never know.
I have rheumatoid arthritis too, I dont think his injuries are related to that to be honest. He done his ACL didn't he? I get that he will always have the stigma but on medication he should be fine. The medication will do damage later in his life but he should be able to see out his career. Tearing a ligament likely had nothing to do with his RA but more with the fact it is just one of those injuries that tend to be recurring.

Mjab

Juniors
He is on one of the biologic injections for RA I read, generally very effective at switching it off. This per se wont damage anything and agree a lot of his stuff is unrelated RA. He has been unlucky to a degree. On a good deal happy to have him, could prob play 5/8, centre , ?lock. Im sure he would contribute more than Norman.
I heard somewhere though that he was going dogs or something but may just be another wild rumor

Como Connection

First Grade
Must say that speaking generally Jack Bird at his best is a fabulous player.

The sharks were travelling ok in 2016 and then they put Bird at 5/8 from memory and they took off and became serious contenders. He was like Keary to Souths when they won 2014 ( from memory).

However chronic health problems and serious knee shoulder injuries have wrecked him.

Possum’s comment I took as being based on JB coming sufficiently good and getting some clear air from injury. However, that seems remote now. For a base salary under $200k I’d be tempted. I still remember him at his best playing for the sharkies running this way and that ; pushing blokes off and slipping great off loads leading to trys. He definitely had a major influence on the Sharks premiership.

Wonder if Miller’s a legend has same opinion?
Bird played right centre in the GF and won the game for them when he received a penalty deep in the Sharks 1/4 late in the game allowing Fafia to score.
CC

SnowDragon

Juniors
I'm not against the idea!... maybe

Yes, the risk is that we have a player injured. BUT, he would be worth less on the books if done correctly (and NRL agrees) + when he is on song he could be great, and if injured he isn't blocking the younger players. + good attitude.

With Norman, we have a player who is mostly cold, high cost, and blocks juniors.

possm

Coach
He is on one of the biologic injections for RA I read, generally very effective at switching it off. This per se wont damage anything and agree a lot of his stuff is unrelated RA. He has been unlucky to a degree. On a good deal happy to have him, could prob play 5/8, centre , ?lock. Im sure he would contribute more than Norman.
I heard somewhere though that he was going dogs or something but may just be another wild rumor
Well now it may be the choice between Norman and Maloney at five-eighth. Bird at the right price might be a good buy in the mix for the left-centre position. Feagai could be eased in over the next year or two.

The calm one

Juniors
Well now it may be the choice between Norman and Maloney at five-eighth. Bird at the right price might be a good buy in the mix for the left-centre position. Feagai could be eased in over the next year or two.
I would rather read the H Jackman adds then this bullshit. Stay calm

j0nesy

Bench
Norman’s form has been very poor but I’m more concerned about our forwards. Graham has left and Friz is on his way out next year, and with no end in sight with the JDB saga, we are very short. We have plenty of cover in the halves and out wide with Sullivan, Sailor and the Fergais on the way through.

SAP58

Juniors
I'm not against the idea!... maybe

Yes, the risk is that we have a player injured. BUT, he would be worth less on the books if done correctly (and NRL agrees) + when he is on song he could be great, and if injured he isn't blocking the younger players. + good attitude.

With Norman, we have a player who is mostly cold, high cost, and blocks juniors.
Your last paragraph is spot on !

Latest posts