What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Norths V Wests on Fox

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
What a cracker. Some names on show. I remember watching this game It was Monday night and my mates 20th Birthday. Blind.

Watch for the finish from Willis.

Great to see the Maggots and the Bad Luck Bears in finals contention and running around at a packed Campbelltown.

And great to see the immortal Willie Newton in his prime too.

Special K

Coach
Is it the game when wests kick that epic field goal?

I'll have to catch the replay I remember it as a kid. Bring back the bears

franklin2323

Immortal
gee that Bears team had some quality probably should of won a comp. Campbelltown is so different now.

Whatever happened to Willie Newton?? He was tipped to be a future superstar only lasted a few seasons

Ulysseus

Bench
Just finished watching it, shame Newton never kicked on, had a decent kicking game.

Epic field goal from Willis, I remember watching it in a shitty motel room in f**king Canberra (the Lincoln Park Motor Inn I think it was) and remember seeing it as part of "That Moment" on the footy show in 1999 but had not seen it since, epic epic goal.

Red Bear

Referee
Even Sterlo said we were the best side not to win a comp.

Game against Newcastle in 97 still haunts me

undertaker

Coach
gee that Bears team had some quality probably should of won a comp. Campbelltown is so different now.

Whatever happened to Willie Newton?? He was tipped to be a future superstar only lasted a few seasons

After a hard fought win vs Broncos in Week 1 of the finals, I remember they were tipped to be the team to give the Sea Eagles a run for their money (regarding the premiership), but had an off-day when it mattered the most in the GF qualifier against a fired up Dragons side (who nearly pulled off what the Bulldogs had done the year before: winning 4 must-win games to win the comp). Sea Eagles/Bears GF would've been epic (given that it was the fiercest Sydney rivalry before their merger).

Last edited:

Didn't even last that long.
Only played 5 First Grade games.

Ended up playing for Picton (I think) in the Group 6 competiton. Was the Group 6 player of theyear one year.

Now plays for Yanco-Wamoon Hawks in the Group 20 comp.

Loved watching this game again.
Willie Newton went to my school and so we had a whole crowd go out to cheer him on.
Bloody freezing that night, but still enjoyable.

POPEYE

Coach
I remember when Manly pinched Cliffy . . . one of the most upsetting things to happen in league and I didn't even follow Norths

eagles4eva

First Grade
I remember when Manly pinched Cliffy . . . one of the most upsetting things to happen in league and I didn't even follow Norths

Why because north’s didn’t see his potential and had him playing in reserve grade!!!

Latest posts