What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

not all bad

87eelman

Juniors
As a rugby league fan (me being an eels fan aside), i know you blokes lost, but surely you can't be too dissapointed.

You played a team which had lost 4 in a row to start the year, who welcomed back their game breaker, and a team who had copped it all year in the media. I guess we can also say the hindy announcement, and the fact this was a 4th home game in 5 games for the eels helped our cause.

In contrast, you blokes have been to england, NZ, and on the road for pretty much every game this year. You were missing 3 internationals, and had another 1 go off with 15 mins to go.

Taking all this in to consideration the boys were far below their best, dropped alot of ball and some silly penalties, but kept hitting back, and hanging in there. I mean you guys even took the lead with 22 mins to go. I agree with Toovey i think a normal manly team would have won, without the injuries (not counting suspension as it;s his own fault), you guys would have a much better record than 2-3. You can't deny the opposition either.

Anyways i hate manly, always have and always will, but if you guys had of won, we would all be praising how gritty and determined the win was despite not being at their best. I think it's amusing that a result overrides what actually happened throughout the game.

Wedgetail Eagle

Juniors
Eelman, its good to see someone look at a game objectively. I've been looking at the Fox-NRL site, but gave it the flick, it always had crap comments.
I was wary of this game & knew Parra would lift against Manly, & obviously, they did. I'll be glad when G.Stewart is back. As we all know its a long season, trying to keep players fit & injury free throughout is impossible.

eozsmiles

Bench
Have to admit that for all the hand grenades lobbed at Manly since they won the comp they have come out the other end pretty strong. Front office got their act together and look like keeping their spine for at least 2 more years, that basically means they are strong finals contenders for another couple of seasons. They could/should be 3-3 after this weekend with injuries and 5 weeks on the road. And by the time they lose a player or two for next year the youngsters they have will be more mature ie Buhrer, Oldfield, etc. On top of all this Geoff Toovey looks as cool as a cucumber.
Other clubs have a crisis and it can last for decades. Your crisis has been pretty much sorted in six months.