What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not Proud

Are the Dragons the dumbest team in the comp?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brissiedragon

Juniors

Born in Wollongong, lifelong Dragons fan. Hate the Broncos but love the Lions. i thought I would post a link to Craig Starcevich talking to his AFLW team that just lost the prelim final on the weekend. Why? Because he said this at 2:30 in the video.

"All the things a supporter loves, being proud of their club"

And I am sick of watching my team each week not having a crack and our coaching staff allowing it to happen

I'm just not proud anymore.

Dragon David

First Grade

Born in Wollongong, lifelong Dragons fan. Hate the Broncos but love the Lions. i thought I would post a link to Craig Starcevich talking to his AFLW team that just lost the prelim final on the weekend. Why? Because he said this at 2:30 in the video.

"All the things a supporter loves, being proud of their club"

And I am sick of watching my team each week not having a crack and our coaching staff allowing it to happen

I'm just not proud anymore.
I'm thinking that not many of us fans are proud of the Dragons at the moment in fact have not been for some time. We need a reset button to hit to get the spark and fire back into the Dragon's belly. Fire, fire, fire.

Dragon FLY

Juniors
We sit back watch the dragons loose each year for the exception 2010.
Ask WHY.
The answer is simple ......
At this point we don’t know if the team is Arthur or Mather.
We have 2 bases Kogarah and Wollongong
Half the team sits on the beach fishing
The other half is drinking coffee and Carlton
Bennett was correct everyone in the bunker Hitler style
You like it or leave it
But we must pamper players with big salaries and performing like D grade side of it existed.
Hook has no control he just cares about the $:”
All it takes is done one to have the BALLS to group everyone in one location and one oval.
This moving back and forth what a load of rubbish. When will this end once we are back as St George dragons. Super league screwed us while the teams that supported super league are still intact .
Get back to basics.

TruSaint

Referee
Ask WHY.
You like it or leave it
But we must pamper players with big salaries and performing like D grade side of it existed.
All it takes is done one to have the BALLS to group everyone in one location and one oval.
This moving back and forth what a load of rubbish. When will this end once we are back as St George dragons. Super league screwed us while the teams that supported super league are still intact .
Get back to basics.

Pretty sure it's Martha.

justadragon

Bench
Ask WHY.
You like it or leave it
Get back to basics.
With all the money that is with the NRL, what you are asking for will never happen, you may want to consider thinking about the "perth dragons" though if things continue to slide the way they are.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Ask WHY.
You like it or leave it
Get back to basics.
We don' move back and forth, Dragons are Wollongong based, the set up is exactly as it was under Bennett and we play 1/2 games at Kogarah, its not that big of a deal for players to travel down to Kogarah for a game, that's a BS excuse.

Dragon David

First Grade
With all the money that is with the NRL, what you are asking for will never happen, you may want to consider thinking about the "perth dragons" though if things continue to slide the way they are.
Being the "Perth" Dragons would eliminate any reference to St George and Illawarra. How will all of the juniors in the south coast and St George area be divided up? I'd say not many would venture to Perth, the Perth Dragons would need to develop the local players, the Red V won't be represented as it should. I would give the game away completely if that happened.

I was born in the St George Hospital and lived in Hurstville for a time and I will not deviate from following the Red V because of that.

I know that Perth is crying out for a team there and the Dragons have a lot of appeal there but it just won't be the same.

Jeremy Dragon

Juniors
Ask WHY.
You like it or leave it
Get back to basics.
Hahaha where's the garbage bin

justadragon

Bench
Being the "Perth" Dragons would eliminate any reference to St George and Illawarra. How will all of the juniors in the south coast and St George area be divided up? I'd say not many would venture to Perth, the Perth Dragons would need to develop the local players, the Red V won't be represented as it should. I would give the game away completely if that happened.

I was born in the St George Hospital and lived in Hurstville for a time and I will not deviate from following the Red V because of that.

I know that Perth is crying out for a team there and the Dragons have a lot of appeal there but it just won't be the same.
I'm hearing you DD I also hope that never eventuates, sometimes you can see the writing on the wall and having the sharks there in the middle always poses a problem for the NRL, it would be like melbourne playing out of melbourne and their feeder clubs are in other states. Anyway I hope I never see it as well.

Dragon David

First Grade
Just on a different note concerning the "Big Brother". This Phil Gould and Trent Barrett thing that's going on at the moment is like some other club out west during the Hook/Gould period.

Gould takes control as the Big Boy and Barrett sucks his thumb as the Little Boy.

I'm hedging my bet that Barrett will be on the outer and the Bulldogs go hard in getting Cameron Ciraldo as the Head Coach at the Bulldogs.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Why do peopke keep referring to 'Perth Dragons'?

Perth already has a team called the 'West Coast Pirates, they are seeking some push into the NRL some time into the future (around 2026). Atm they are already playing teams in jr league SG Ball until COVID.

Dragon FLY

Juniors
We don' move back and forth, Dragons are Wollongong based, the set up is exactly as it was under Bennett and we play 1/2 games at Kogarah, its not that big of a deal for players to travel down to Kogarah for a game, that's a BS excuse.
Your wrong you split a family in the middle and then see if they perform as one or start fighting
You are not addressing the issue
The club is split
Ask WHY.
You like it or leave it
Get back to basics.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Your wrong you split a family in the middle and then see if they perform as one or start fighting
You are not addressing the issue
The club is split
Nah mate im not wrong what i said is factual, we have the same set up as we did when Bennett was here, im answering your comments, furthermore we don't have a 50/50 split with players living in Kogarah / Wollongong, not that that has anything to do with how you perform on the weekend, So we you want to go on a rant, be specific and factual on what your point is..

SaintPeter

Juniors
It’s way beyond not being proud,
It’s absolutely embarrassing.
This club,(that I love) has been a football team train wreck for ten years.
I thought when we got an external coach things would improve but this guy is showing us all that the modern game has gone past him - well and truely.

Illusion

Bench
It’s way beyond not being proud,
It’s absolutely embarrassing.
This club,(that I love) has been a football team train wreck for ten years.
I thought when we got an external coach things would improve but this guy is showing us all that the modern game has gone past him - well and truely.
X2