What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nov 18 2020: State of Origin GAME 3

Eelementary

Post Whore
article on SMH saying that when Arrow did his shit on Teddy and Munster slammed cleary in the fiace the NSW forwards were M.I.A.

Its probably right ... our forwards seemed a bit timid last night .... needed alot more mad merkin

And yet, Freddie had a guy with loads of aggression, and a bit of merkin about him, on the bench, and gave him a mere 12 minutes...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
And yet, Freddie had a guy with loads of aggression, and a bit of merkin about him, on the bench, and gave him a mere 12 minutes...
Freddie cost us the series plain and simple, horrible bench picked and clueless use of the interchange. He wasn’t up against Kevvie this year.

strider

Post Whore
TBH Nrown played pretty shit when he was on last night. He was arm grabbing all over the place

it crossed my mind that maybe he doesnt do so well off the bench. He never does it, so it would be quite unusual to him

Mind you he went ok of the bench in game 2 but we were on top then

Noise

Coach
TBH Nrown played pretty shit when he was on last night. He was arm grabbing all over the place

it crossed my mind that maybe he doesnt do so well off the bench. He never does it, so it would be quite unusual to him

Yep, missed 3 tackles in his 12 minutes on the field.

Eelementary

Post Whore

Yeah, that's a fair call.

I think he should have come on earlier in the game - let his grubbiness get under Queensland's skin.

I don't see why a guy who is known for being aggressive, and a little bit grubby, gets 12 minutes of game time, when his play is perfectly suited to Origin...

Suitman

Post Whore
never thought I'd say it, but gotta agree, Freddie's time must be up

I agree. But I think some of our forwards need to take the responsibility as well.
This isn't NRL, yet that's the type of RL they played last night. They need to go back and watch some old games, particularly NSW losses, and really get the gist of what it means to play AND WIN Origin.
Qld had an average squad, yet they lifted and did what it takes to win a series. They always do.
Lindsay Collins? I mean who is he? I'd never heard of him. Yet from the bench, he ran over 140 metres.
Look at the metres gained from our bench? Absolutely pathetic.
And, without even looking at stats, it was clear and obvious last night, just watching the game that they were smashing us and looked the most likely.
I just don't get, after 40 years of Origin, that our players can still go into games without the ORIGIN attitude. Are NSW so arrogant that we just think we'll win if we think we have a superior squad?
History tells us yes.

Suitman

Post Whore
Yeah, that's a fair call.

I think he should have come on earlier in the game - let his grubbiness get under Queensland's skin.

I don't see why a guy who is known for being aggressive, and a little bit grubby, gets 12 minutes of game time, when his play is perfectly suited to Origin...

That's exactly right. I can't see why Fittler doesn't see that after selecting him in the squad. Why pick him at all, if all you are going to give him is 20 mins of game time in 2 games? It's poor coaching and strategy IMO. A waste of a bench spot. That cost's games.
If he was only going to give Brown 8 mins last night (which he would have if Walker didn't get the head knock), he may as well had Papanhausan on the bench.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Footy chat I’m in was unanimous saying we were glad you blokes didn’t pick RCG. Him coming off the back fence off the bench would’ve potentially created havoc for Qld.

Eelogical

Referee
Freddie cost us the series plain and simple, horrible bench picked and clueless use of the interchange. He wasn’t up against Kevvie this year.
As a coach, he doesn't come across as a being passionate enough. He should be ripping doors off dressing rooms or kicking chairs in the coaches box. On the sideline he should be throwing drink bottles and stuff.

Suitman

Post Whore
As a coach, he doesn't come across as a being passionate enough. He should be ripping doors off dressing rooms or kicking chairs in the coaches box. On the sideline he should be throwing drink bottles and stuff.

Rubbish. Wayne doesn't need to do that to get his team to lift.

T.S Quint

Coach
Who was it that’s been calling for the Eels to sign Freddie as head coach? Can’t remember. Has he changed his mind after Freddie has now lost the unlosable Origin series?