What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now, for the Eels

Rovelli

Bench
Big game for us - a big chance for us to win three in a row for the first time since late 2008.

Parramatta have been struggling to score points all season, but you never know - Inu and Mateo will be keen to impress, and Anderson will want his first win here as a visiting coach.

Vitally important to get a W - we play the high-flying Panthers in Penrith the week after.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Will Seymour be back for this one? Is Ukuma injured?

You would think that Tupou will replace Locke.

Meth

Staff member
Yeah, Tupou will stroll in

Hopefully Seymour and Rapira are back

Haven't heard anything about a Ta'ai injury

1- Hohaia
2- Tupou
3- Moon
4- Ropati
5- Vatuvei
6- Maloney
7- Seymour/John
8- Latimore
9- Heremaia
10- Packer
11- Mannering
12- Brown
13- Luck

Res- Ta'ai, Matulino, Rapira/Royal, Henderson (let's be honest- he'll be there)

Martli

Coach
He was apparently left out due to injury against the Roosters. You'd think it would be relatively minor since he was originally named.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Is Paddy Ah Van due back anytime soon? I'd rather have him on the wing than Tupou.

And could we use Seymour, Maloney, Heremaia and John in our halves/hooker/bench utility positions and say buh-bye to Henderson?

Martli

Coach
Depends if John offers more than hendo off the bench I guess. I'd like to see them give it a go.

Rovelli

Bench
Seymour is the closest one to returning...don't think Sammy is ready yet...Ukuma was supposedly held out because of injury, but could be back. Sione Lousi struggled a little in the poor conditions.

Meth

Staff member
Sione Lousi struggled a little in the poor conditions.

He's a bit of a passenger at the moment in first grade, which is fine. It's all part of his development as he takes some time to acclimatize to the NRL.

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
He's a bit of a passenger at the moment in first grade, which is fine. It's all part of his development as he takes some time to acclimatize to the NRL.

no its not part of him becoming acclimatized to the nrl...and its certainly not fine. if you are at the level of nrl, you put your head down and put in. nothing less will pass.

tkr

Juniors
no its not part of him becoming acclimatized to the nrl...and its certainly not fine. if you are at the level of nrl, you put your head down and put in. nothing less will pass.

Oh really? Do you remember how Manu Vatuvei started? There were many calls for him to be cast aside but Ivan stuck with him and now???

What would have happened if he had been cut loose and signed with, say, the Dragons? Imagine Vatuvei coached by Bennett? Gotta give the young guys a chance to prove themselves.

tkr

Juniors
tkr...that is just dribble

Nope. I would rather see a star team that has been developed than a team of 'bought' stars even if it required some lost games along the way.

A player that has been identified as having great skills and attitude should not just be cast aside because they have a couple of dud games.

The Warriors team that made it to the grand final in '02 was not a team of hired stars but a team that worked together for each other.

Iafeta

Referee
It is taking time for forwards out of NYC to get to their best in the NRL. It's a lot harder, a lot faster. Packer, Matulino, even god bless his soul Sonny Fai seem to be proof of that, whereas Lewis Brown who didn't come through NYC seems to have adjusted to the pace a lot quicker. Louisi will be fine, if anything I thought for the very limited minutes he got against Wests Tigers in that demolition, he was probably one of our best. I would also say he ran a very good line when he first came on, if the pass was on his chest from Henderson and not behind his hip I dare say he's probably on the end of a four pointer.

He is a very, very good talent.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
the forwards and the halves in particular are fantastic examples of why it's good for us to have a nsw cup team, and is also a huge argument for giving any young player a number of games at that level before moving up to nrl.

Latest posts