What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now that's a performance !

The Cobra

Juniors
Great to watch,MERRINis an out & out,absolute Superstar in the making.Some of his offloads are just freakish!!!!

Gomarchin

Juniors
The highlight for me was seeing Soward take a hit-up off a tap lol.

Even if we lost, I'd still be happy about how they played ad-lib footy. Refreshing.

People talk about our halves, but our pack needs some size. Disturbing how easy teams are getting into our half.

Watched the replay of the game and you can hear Soward say "I'll take the tap" as he was kicking for touch.

It was good to see and I think set the tone for the rest of the game.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Watched the replay of the game and you can hear Soward say "I'll take the tap" as he was kicking for touch.

It was good to see and I think set the tone for the rest of the game.

Even the Sharks players thought he was joking...

Soward The Battering Ram :D

Old_Timer

Juniors
Yes it was a good effort by the team. I especially liked, the mixing it up in attack. It seemed to spook Cronulla. But the fact remains, to many silly errors, switching off defensively, especially up the middle, and a lack of crisp attacking cohesion.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It's great we won
Here comes the 'but...'
Twenty10 said:
LOL!

Ah, in caps as well.

You must feel better now.
Twenty10 said:
in reality sharks were woeful
They were made to look woeful but a more committed outfit.
Twenty10 said:
they lost carney
Scummer excuse. We were carving them up before he left the field. In fact, they didn't get on the scoreboard until after he went off.

Go back and watch the game, if it's not too difficult for you.
Twenty10 said:
and it was an against the run of play 80 metre try from Soward and 2 absolute freaky pieces of play from nightingale that won the game.
80 metres now? lol.

Soward's try and came off a forced error in the tackle. In fact, our forwards jolted the ball loose on several occasions during the match. All you saw was Soward making a line break and Nightingale finishing well - that's because you had given up on us before the season started.

I saw our smaller forward pack determined to get on top. And they did. In the final 15 minutes, the Sharks were finshed. Soward's field goal was totally uncontested, no pressure placed on him at all. It was well telegraphed in advance, everyone knew it was on. But the entire Sharks defence line just stood there, the marker stood his ground, only Fifita jogged a few steps forward in some token gesture. The scummers were just waiting for the inevitable. That's a clear sign that they had been beaten up the middle of the park.

For mine, the turning point came in about the 60th minute, it was 18-12, a close game still and the Sharks were coming back. They had the possession and field position, the momentum was with them and they were coming after us. At the time we were only six points in front and this was where the game would be won or lost. But the boys stepped up, rattled the ball carriers and forced another error. Tupou knocked-on. I thought "beauty", all we need now is to reverse the momentum a little and the match is ours. We did better when Nightingale scored his second and Soward kicked another from the sideline.

You probably saw it differently.

Twenty10 said:
Sharks on their day would have probably at least drawn level.
Haha! Whatever. I'm sure the scum enjoy your support. But again, they were getting hammered in the line.

Twenty10 said:
The 2 forward passes from dummy half should have lost us the game against a team that was on.
Wouldn't those forward passes mean that we were off our game? Make up your mind, which side were 'woeful'?
Twenty10 said:
Sorry to burst your bubble willow, but as usual you are getting over excited.
Alas, your argument has been sliced and diced and farted out into the s-bend, just like the scummer forward pack last night.

You lost. I respect the pain you must be going through.

Last edited:

redvforlife

Juniors
On the field goal: I was at a dinner with a bunch of other league fans and we were all staring at my phone as the scores updated and even WE knew a field goal was coming. Didn't realise it was uncontested, but there's no way they didn't know he'd be trying for it.

watatank

Coach
It was actually Soward's second attempt at a field goal...

First attempt was one the opposition wouldn't have been ready for and just sailed wide. Second one was only a couple of sets later and (the one that got the points) was set up like the preliminary final in 2010. It met little resistance, as mentioned.

He tried another one just for the fun of it but that was a shocker :lol:

The doomsdayers on here have a whole week now to sharpen their knives again. With their single minded agenda to dice Price, last night must be a bitter pill for them.

Show em Pricey....

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It was actually Soward's second attempt at a field goal...

First attempt was one the opposition wouldn't have been ready for and just sailed wide. Second one was only a couple of sets later and (the one that got the points) was set up like the preliminary final in 2010. It met little resistance, as mentioned.

He tried another one just for the fun of it but that was a shocker :lol:
The first attempt was called at the bar as well, just a matter of getting in range and we thought the FG was on. But I can understand why the sharks weren't ready for that one - it was 45m and wide out after all. Not a bad shot actually, just narrowly off target but had plenty of height and distance. Soward certainly has a good drop kick, one of his line drop outs last night went 60m on the full.

In any case, missing the first FG must have sent the message out to everyone in the ground.

30m out, Soward standing deep, Rein at dummy half looking around, last tackle. But the entire Sharks line turned into planks.

No sense of urgency at all. And suddenly they were 13 points behind with 10 minutes on the clock. IMO, they had already thrown in the towel.

Agreed on the third, it was at best forgettable. lol.

Last edited:

64 Dragon

Coach
I'm with you Willow. From what I've seen and heard we outplayed them and out-enthused them. Wish all the deathriders would just shut up.

By the way, just watched the Titans and the Panthers game. We should do the same to them. They were ordinary.

nontime111

Juniors
One of the BIG knockers from last week here...... all I can say is ;

DATS MORE LIKE IT DRAGONSSS!!!!!!!!! YOU GO N KEEP UP THAT KINDA WORK AND EVERYTING WILL BE EIRIE A -OK AND DANDY!!!!!:crazy:

SHUT ME UP THANKS!!!!!!! MORE MORE MORE SAINTS YES PLEASE!!!!!!! :lol:

SHUT ME UP AGAIN PLEASE!!!! U GOOOO LETS GO TOP 4!!!!!:lol:

and SHUT ME UP EVERY WEEK!!!!!!!!

GO DRAGONS!!!!! YOU CAN DOOO IT WHEN YOU TRY!!!!!!!!! :oops:

Old_Timer

Juniors
The doomsdayers on here have a whole week now to sharpen their knives again. With their single minded agenda to dice Price, last night must be a bitter pill for them.

Show em Pricey....

As the senior doomsayer on here, be assured the knives are in pristine condition with scalpel like edges. One slip up Mr Price and the knives will be out a hundred fold.:D

This season has been like an extended labour during pregnancy for many. For a few of us, the delivery occurred last saturday night. For them all the horrific pain of our continued mediocrity in loosing games, gave way to the beauty of childbirth in our first win for this year. In fact several of the more optimistic among us have already sent out invitations to the christening in October. A bit premature methinks.

We are currently 1 from 4. That is a 75% loosing record for Mr Price this season. Sure it has been a good week and we have every right to enjoy it. But Price's record thus far is abysmal and that is being generous. If Price has decided to step back from his stoic predictable game plan, then kudos to him. As a doomsayer, I am entitled to ask why did it take Price so long to work out what we all knew? Last week we did see some variation in attack and I concede it rattled the scum. But as Willow alluded to, the 60 minute mark was our watershed in that match. I expected us to fold and to my delight, we did not.

So no, us doomsayers do not concede that the baby has been born, but after last saturday night perhaps the egg has been fertilised. :D

Last edited:

BennyV

Referee
As the senior doomsayer on here, be assured the knives are in pristine condition with scalpel like edges. One slip up Mr Price and the knives will be out a hundred fold.:D

This season has been like an extended labour during pregnancy for many. For a few of us, the delivery occurred last saturday night. For them all the horrific pain of our continued mediocrity in loosing games, gave way to the beauty of childbirth in our first win for this year. In fact several of the more optimistic among us have already sent out invitations to the christening in October. A bit premature methinks.

We are currently 1 from 4. That is a 75% loosing record for Mr Price this season. Sure it has been a good week and we have every right to enjoy it. But Price's record thus far is abysmal and that is being generous. If Price has decided to step back from his stoic predictable game plan, then kudos to him. As a doomsayer, I am entitled to ask why did it take Price so long to work out what we all knew? Last week we did see some variation in attack and I concede it rattled the scum. But as Willow alluded to, the 60 minute mark was our watershed in that match. I expected us to fold and to my delight, we did not.

So no, us doomsayers do not concede that the baby has been born, but after last saturday night perhaps the egg has been fertilised. :D

You just straight out get the female anatomy, dont you! :sarcasm:

Latest posts