What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 2003 Ad

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I saw that ad a while ago, and it got up on my feet with excitement , woot cant wait. The legendary players e.g Laurie Daley shall return , but taking the field with the current raiders!!. Joe and Nigel Vagana to return to their home the warriors!, Kimmorley to go back to the sea-eagles to play alongside Geoff Toovey. This game is gonna be cool!

Timmo

Juniors
It was a Playstation2 advertisement. Why on earth would Sony want to mention the fact that you can also get it on PC and Xbox?
I did notice that it said available 12th December, rather than "out now!"

Crippler

Juniors
well from the look of the Ad the SIDE ON view looks outstanding.

It makes the game look much better overall and you can clearly see the great running and kicking animations e.g. Stacey Jones kicking.

The pass from dummy half looked more realistic than the floating look the ball has when the camera follows it with the behind view look.

TripleM

Juniors
Well all I can say is, good on Sony for saying its out on PS2 only, as ripper said, everyone at the games as well as going to the NRL website and various other places would think its coming out for XBOX only.

Moffo

Referee
can someone upload it, or video tape it and put it on???

:lol: im keen, and knowing my luck, ill never be watching while its on

Moffo

Crippler

Juniors
I video taped it by accident as I was recording something from fox 8 today.

I dont have a video in graphics card though so cant upload it.

wow they are going the whole hog!!! shame it doesn't advertise the 2 best verisons of the game but at leasts its finally getting main stream advertising.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
I've seen it heaps today but the ads seem to get smaller and smaller each time, the first ad i seen about the game went for approx 30 seconds and they got down to around 10 seconds..

It looks great though. I'm glad it was an ad for PS2, i love sonys their hell, i dislike XBOX's very much.

theVodkaCircle

Juniors
A thought just occured to me.
This PS2 v XBOX stuff is just like the Ford v Holden thing.
In the end theyre two consoles, both do a very similar thing and youd fair dinkum think listening to some people that they gave birth to theirs.
It used to be (for our older readers) Atari v Amiga.
There will always be this type of thing and youre probably best not to get sucked into the marketing hype some twat in america designed to get money out of you.

I just think it should say all three platforms....but good to hear there is a 30second version I saw what seemed like 15 look forward to seeing the longer one

HBG

Juniors
theVodkaCircle said:
In the end theyre two consoles, both do a very similar thing and youd fair dinkum think listening to some people that they gave birth to theirs.
There will always be this type of thing and youre probably best not to get sucked into the marketing hype some twat in america designed to get money out of you.

I used to have an Atari!!!

PS I also am a 3rd tine Ford owner, and have hassles with the all. Love my Toyota Starlet though, it saved my life (and my son), after being near stationary and being hit at 90 kmph.

phantom ^_^

Juniors
lol @ TVC - a very good point, my sage-like friend :D!

I too remember the Amiga vs. Atari ST / Nintendo Vs. Sega / Ford vs. Holden / Rock vs. Techno / Windows vs. Mac / Windows vs. Linux / League vs. Union / Telecom vs. Telstra / etc - the main thing I remember, aside from the "conflict" itself, was that the only "losers" were the people that made fools of themselves by taking a ridiculous and overt stance for either of the options.

Be happy, enjoy what you have and decide based on what is important to you - but above all, realise that someone else might consider other things to be important and therefore might make a different decision.

8)

izzo

Juniors
theVodkaCircle said:

also theres Game Cube v Playing Outside

axl rose

Bench
izzo said:
theVodkaCircle said:

also theres Game Cube v Playing Outside

:lol: nah its Game Cube v Watching paint dry. Dead heat.

Caged Panther

First Grade
The reason you will probably find it only mentions the ps2 version is because it's obviously sony who have decided to run advertising for the game rather than sidhe.

Personally I think it is pretty stupid of sony to do so. All they are doing is creating extra demand for a product. Demand which retailers won't be able to cater for as the supplier has already said beyond preorder there will be very limited stock available. That means alot of upset shoppers out there.

(unbelivable)

Juniors
Timmo said:
It was a Playstation2 advertisement. Why on earth would Sony want to mention the fact that you can also get it on PC and Xbox?
I did notice that it said available 12th December, rather than "out now!"

so true. it would definately not say "x-box and pc" when it was a sony ad!
it was the "fun anyone?" :roll: series of ads.
sony would have to have their heads on wrong to advertise their rivals product

In-goal

Bench
the add runs continuosly throughout the cricket which is fantastic.

I once had an Atari then upgraded to the C64 then came the A500 finaly PC then PS1 and now the one i have always been waiting for X-Box.

I'm a
Holden
X-Box
Rugby League
Foster's Larger
Anti Union
Man

Bring back the Biff.

Latest posts