What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 2011 First Five Rounds

jc155776

Coach
Lets see if we can get more then 2 FTA games for an entire year.

I have Fox and don't care for FTA games, but the more FTA games the more coverage and sponsers a team get.

Soufs deserve their 4/5 Friday night games. They tried weally weally hard last year and almost made the 8 after all.

Joe's Magpies

Juniors
three years actually, if i'm not mistaken, they had the same in 2009.

Krayziedragonman you are correct. This would be the third year in a row that the Tigers have started their campeign on a monday night. 2009 we faced the Raiders, in 2010, the Sea Eagles and in season 2011 it's the Bulldogs.

It's a bloody joke.

gronkathon

First Grade
We must rate well for the Monday season openers.

I cannot fathom a Campbelltown game on a Monday night ever being a good thing though. 7pm kick off. M5 traffic is a nightmare regardless as roadworks are still ongoing between Liverpool and Campbelltown. It effectively removes those who are a maybe from the crowd equation as well.

campbo

Juniors
Glad to see Penrith get a few. I have fox so I'm not fussed.
I think the fairest way is to have each team play a minimum 3 or 4 FTA games by rd 13 (half way mark) then the 2nd half of the season go to teams that are up the top, playing well, deserve FTA coverage and get higher ratings.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
The sharks dragons game should still draw a good crowd. Cronulla's first home match.... Saints first match in sydney, could still draw 18K.

Monday night football crowds are usually pretty decent for the first few rounds anyway, it's only when the season gets on that they start becoming noticeably lower.

jc155776

Coach
The sharks dragons game should still draw a good crowd. Cronulla's first home match.... Saints first match in sydney, could still draw 18K.

Monday night football crowds are usually pretty decent for the first few rounds anyway, it's only when the season gets on that they start becoming noticeably lower.

It also means that less money is spend on booze and the club afterwards though as people won't stay on a Monday night.

applesauce

Bench
The lack of Dragons on FTA early on might help their memberships even more...

Fans will need to go to games consistently (at least early in the season) to see them play unless they have FOX.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Won't need to, Coast locals (plenty of whom support Manly and Souffs already) will be filling the stadium, plus plenty of neutrals who love seeing league here.

Plus if you can't get from Sydney to Gosford in 2.5hours (leaving at 5 assuming) then you're a sh*thouse driver. :)

Raider_69

Post Whore
Perhaps it my excitement about getting a Nein game early in the year, which i simply cant recall last time it happened, but i think the spread is reasonably good there.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I agree. And I don't even care the Bulldogs only got one Nine game - the slots are pretty good. I can always get to ANZ easily on Monday night, the Sunday games are perfect, and the AAMI Park game I wasn't going to anyway.

Can't wait for it all to kick off :D

thorson1987

Coach
We must rate well for the Monday season openers.

I cannot fathom a Campbelltown game on a Monday night ever being a good thing though. 7pm kick off. wn. M5 traffic is a nightmare regardless as roadworks are still ongoing between Liverpool and Campbelltown It effectively removes those who area maybe from the crowd equation as well.

it is now 4 lanes from the M5/M7 merge to ctown road. It is awesome.