What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 2019: Round 1 fixtures revealed

Dragons22

Juniors
NRL 2019: Round 1 fixtures revealed
NRL PREMIERSHIP
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...d/news-story/15485a293e168364f7c74a9a8cbca5be
  • October 21, 2018 8:07am
  • by STAFF WRITERS
  • Source: FOX SPORTS
8583b946e60b3c23a91274768c74f599

The Roosters and Rabbitohs will do battle in Round 1, 2019. Picture. Phil HillyardSource: News Corp Australia
TRADITIONAL rivals South Sydney and the Sydney Roosters are set to do battle in the opening round of the 2019 NRL season, according to reports.
The Daily Telegraph has revealed the Round 1 fixtures, with Melbourne and Brisbane to play in the season opener at AAMI Park on Thursday, March 14.

On the Friday night, Newcastle and Cronulla clash in the Hunter before Rabbitohs and Roosters add another chapter to their long-running rivalry when they do battle at the Sydney Cricket Ground.

Super Saturday will feature the Warriors hosting Canterbury in Auckland, the Wests Tigers taking on Manly, and North Queensland beginning their post-Johnathan Thurston era against St George Illawarra.

On Sunday afternoon, Panthers Stadium is set to be packed when Penrith take on Parramatta at 4pm, who will be desperate to forget their 2018 season, before Gold Coast host Canberra in the later game.

ROUND 1 2019 NRL DRAW*

THURSDAY, MARCH 14

STORM v BRONCOS

7.40pm at AAMI Park (Fox Sports and Channel 9)

FRIDAY, MARCH 15

KNIGHTS v SHARKS

6pm at McDonald Jones Stadium (Fox Sports)

ROOSTERS v RABBITOHS

7.40pm at SCG (Fox Sports and Channel 9)

SATURDAY, MARCH 16

WARRIORS v BULLDOGS

4pm at Mt Smart Stadium (Fox Sports)

TIGERS v SEA EAGLES

6pm at Campbelltown Stadium/Leichhardt Oval (Fox Sports)

COWBOYS v DRAGONS

8pm at 1300Smiles Stadium (Fox Sports)

SUNDAY, MARCH 17

PANTHERS v EELS

4pm at Penrith Stadium (Fox Sports and Channel 9)

TITANS v RAIDERS

6.30pm at Cbus Super Stadium (Fox Sports)

* Kick-offs and venues to be confirmed

Last edited:

Dragons22

Juniors
Round 1 Draw released. Dragons will take on the Cowboys up in North Queensland. That is a tough Round 1 game.

BLM01

First Grade
Mary will learn from last year, we will start slow and he will start resting players from a guelling pre-season. Comps are not won in March but coach extensions are. Anyway already counting the days till the comp starts. Only 144 to go. :(

Crush

Coach
It doesn't matter who or where we play for the first 12 weeks of the comp. We will dominate and be sitting on top of the table. Its what we do.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Mary will learn from last year, we will start slow and he will start resting players from a guelling pre-season. Comps are not won in March but coach extensions are. Anyway already counting the days till the comp starts. Only 144 to go. :(

McGregor’s had four and a half years to “learn”.

How much more time does he need!

possm

Coach

Mary has only one game plan for the whole season. He has shown us this by employing the same plan for the past few years. He does not have a B plan.

SGI fans will see Macdonald play to his full potential in this opening game. I sure hope we have recruited a good defender to blunt his scoring ability.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Excellent news if true.

First game away to one of the furthest places allows for better preparation and less fatigue and gets it out of the way early in the season.

The only issue for me is where game 2 is played. That will be more of an impact imo eg: if game 2 was in NZ or Melbourne for example.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Excellent news if true.

First game away to one of the furthest places allows for better preparation and less fatigue and gets it out of the way early in the season.

The only issue for me is where game 2 is played. That will be more of an impact imo eg: if game 2 was in NZ or Melbourne for example.
hopefully mary has learnt to play it cool until at least the anzac day grand final

Walpole

Juniors
How does simply saying where our first game is deteriorate into a "we hate the coach thread"? Some of you blokes need a hobby for the off season.

Anyway, as Dragonslayer said, good road trip to get out of the way early, and a very winnable game to kick off the season. Bring on 2019!

I am not sure how tickets are going to be issued for magic round in Brisbane .. I guess a ticket buys you that days games.

But it looks (TBC) like we play the Warriors on Saturday night at 5.30pm.. followed by eels v Melbourne

You would imagine a full house .. and no doubt the airlines and hotels will be ready to fleece. I guess if interested get in early.

FlameThrower

Bench
I’d rather we get travel road trips out of the way early on in the season cop a few losses and build up slowly - surely this season the coach and assistant coaches have learnt from past seasons.
The fast start, mid season slump and slippery slide into 8 can’t be repeated next year.

mickeylane

Bench
I can tell you something now that after 10 round we wont be sitting at the the top of the table w this draw!! lucky to be 4 - 6 after 10 rounds...potential wins highlighted...just saying its no dream draw!

Nth Qld - Away -
Souths - Home
Broncos - Away
Knights - Away
Bulldogs - Home
Manly - home

Roosters - Away
Eels - Away
Warriors - Away
Knights - Home

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Well the Illawarra and Win stadium, get SFA from the draw!! Pretty f**ken shit for the area:

- Friday 6:00 game against cowboys
- Thursday night game (without origin players) against the storm
-Sunday 6.00 game (with origin players backing up) against the raiders
- Only decent timed game is a 7.30 Saturday night against Manly.

Disgraceful for a league stronghold!!

Fire

First Grade
Warriors v Dragons is at the dick and shit show at Suncorp Stadium.

I wanted to go over to NZ this year with my family to see that game.

Go f**k yaself Greenberg ya f**ken f**khead jabroni.

Gareth67

First Grade
Have only just read the draw - not too bad considering we will be playing 3 definite semi- finalists in the chooks , rabbits and sharks . Only playing the storm once and it’s at Kogarah . Three 5 day turn a rounds and as said by others earlier the first month we will have only 1 game at home against the bunnies .

We can only hope that the maestro eases the Dragons through the early part of the season and gradually builds the team into a force to ne reckoned with - just as the other 15 coaches do every year . Who knows with injuries kept to a minimum and Benny Hunt and Duffy finding their feet in their 2 nd year we could slowly climb the ladder to a higher position than this season - if not , then sack the bluudy coach !

SGMax

Juniors
How does simply saying where our first game is deteriorate into a "we hate the coach thread"? Some of you blokes need a hobby for the off season.

Anyway, as Dragonslayer said, good road trip to get out of the way early, and a very winnable game to kick off the season. Bring on 2019!

I tend to agree Walpole, my only concern is having an early game up north exposes us to hot and humid conditions.
It may take a lot out of the team and may affect recovery for the following week.
Pray for cool conditions.

Latest posts