What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 2023 Betting Thread

Grapple

Bench
Those odds seem pretty short for so early in the season and coming second to last the season before. I guess the bookies saw something in the win against the Cowboys the week before :thinking:

well done mate.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Those odds seem pretty short for so early in the season and coming second to last the season before. I guess the bookies saw something in the win against the Cowboys the week before :thinking:

well done mate.
It was a few weeks in and their trial form had been good too- it was just around the time that they were looking like team that was clearly well coached and competitive. I remember a couple of us jumping on it then.

Grapple

Bench
It was a few weeks in and their trial form had been good too- it was just around the time that they were looking like team that was clearly well coached and competitive. I remember a couple of us jumping on it then.

Nicely done mate.

I would imagine 5.00 at the very least so early on.

Warriors beat Newcastle and Cows at home before those odds. I know a few people that bet the opposite for NZ to finish last season, still seems strange considering it was so early on. Wish you got a better return mate.

Grapple

Bench
Let’s go fellas! Good luck.

Warriors should get a decent crowd in Hamilton tonight and bury Wests.

Attachments

• 3C8D6323-C19E-40F2-BEBE-B716C24D0013.jpeg
    3C8D6323-C19E-40F2-BEBE-B716C24D0013.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
  • B929C3F3-AE58-41DF-8112-6BDB4EE20007.jpeg
    B929C3F3-AE58-41DF-8112-6BDB4EE20007.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
  • 7E43BF27-6057-4B05-9322-761930FECD57.jpeg
    7E43BF27-6057-4B05-9322-761930FECD57.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Nicely done mate.

I would imagine 5.00 at the very least so early on.

Warriors beat Newcastle and Cows at home before those odds. I know a few people that bet the opposite for NZ to finish last season, still seems strange considering it was so early on. Wish you got a better return mate.
They just paid out on it, would’ve been nice to get $5 but TBh if they’d been paying that high they probably wouldn’t have looked like they had form at the time. Not complaining with the $281 in my kitty!
I’m running a short odds accumulation strategy for the last few rounds to see how I go with it. Placing a pick your own line bet on each game at $1.20-$1.40, worked out that if I get 6/8 or better right each week I’ll get a profit and if I keep putting the profits back in each week it’ll compound over time. I’ll see where it’s at at the end of the season and if it seems to be working I’ll run it all next season, and possibly on the NFL over summer.

Grapple

Bench
They just paid out on it, would’ve been nice to get $5 but TBh if they’d been paying that high they probably wouldn’t have looked like they had form at the time. Not complaining with the $281 in my kitty!
I’m running a short odds accumulation strategy for the last few rounds to see how I go with it. Placing a pick your own line bet on each game at $1.20-$1.40, worked out that if I get 6/8 or better right each week I’ll get a profit and if I keep putting the profits back in each week it’ll compound over time. I’ll see where it’s at at the end of the season and if it seems to be working I’ll run it all next season, and possibly on the NFL over summer.

Congrats on the win mate.

Be wary of those small odds and compounding over time. Especially in American sports.
Not sure about NFL because i've never followed it but NBA is the worst, teams can be 1.20 odds but if you look closely you see it's their 5th game in 8 days, so a tired team plays and the underdogs win easily. Even more so if those underdogs haven't won forever in that scenario.
ESPN even wrote about that a while back - those games where you could bet against the favourite of a 82 season due to road wear.

That kinda thing happens more than you'd think picking such short odds. Best to go with your gut and do as much research as possible. Good luck!

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Congrats on the win mate.

Be wary of those small odds and compounding over time. Especially in American sports.
Not sure about NFL because i've never followed it but NBA is the worst, teams can be 1.20 odds but if you look closely you see it's their 5th game in 8 days, so a tired team plays and the underdogs win easily. Even more so if those underdogs haven't won forever in that scenario.
ESPN even wrote about that a while back - those games where you could bet against the favourite of a 82 season due to road wear.

That kinda thing happens more than you'd think picking such short odds. Best to go with your gut and do as much research as possible. Good luck!
Yeah it’s why I’m wary of getting on NFL- I think with NRL I can tip it in my favour because I follow the comp closely and using those pick your own line options I can take the one that tips in the direction my own judgement agrees with.
I won’t get on NFL purely based on stats, I need to actually get a feel for what the teams are doing first. With short odds stuff it’s basically a matter of just trying to tip the odds a few % in your favour.

Grapple

Bench
All my line bets and margin bets for warriors v manly came through but multi-bets destroyed by Geelong losing.

A Sunday bet . South’s get it done in a close one and Canberra pile on the points against Canterbury , which feels weird to type against my team but so be it….

This Year?

Immortal
Thursday I bet on Panthers win Luai anytime tryscorer which got rescued because he got injured.
I really miss the any leg fail bet return on SB, so now the only one they have is the bet return if 1 leg fails of a SGM.

Same Game Multi @ 2.50
3 Legs • Stake $50.00
New Zealand Warriors v St George/Illa Dragons
Fri, 25 Aug18:00
32m

Bet Return • 1 leg fails, get a $50.00 Bonus Bet

Potential Winnings$125.00

No
Will there be Extra Time?
Pending

New Zealand Warriors Over (1.5)
New Zealand Warriors Alternative Tries
Pending

Shaun Johnson
Anytime Tryscorer
Pending

The aim is to get the odds over $2 to enable the bet return with 2 of the 3 legs being a sure thing. If I get the bet return then I can go silly on the tryscorer in the games following if the multi doesn't get up.

This Year?

Immortal
My tryscorer multis for todays games:

Same Game Multi @ 40.00
4 Legs • Stake $5.00
Manly Sea Eagles v Wests Tigers
Fri, 1 Sep18:00
Potential Winnings$200.00
Manly Sea EaglesWests Tigers

Jason Saab
Anytime Tryscorer
Daly Cherry-Evans
Anytime Tryscorer
David Nofoaluma
Anytime Tryscorer
Apisai Koraisau
Anytime Tryscorer

Same Game Multi @ 22.25
4 Legs • Stake $5.00
South Sydney Rabbitohs v Sydney Roosters
Fri, 1 Sep20:00
Potential Winnings$111.25

Alex Johnston
Anytime Tryscorer
Izaac Thompson
Anytime Tryscorer
Joseph Suaali'i
Anytime Tryscorer
James Tedesco
Anytime Tryscorer

Last edited:

Grapple

Bench
My tryscorer multis for todays games:

Same Game Multi @ 40.00
4 Legs • Stake $5.00
Manly Sea Eagles v Wests Tigers
Fri, 1 Sep18:00
Potential Winnings$200.00
Manly Sea EaglesWests Tigers

Jason Saab
Anytime Tryscorer
Daly Cherry-Evans
Anytime Tryscorer
David Nofoaluma
Anytime Tryscorer
Apisai Koraisau
Anytime Tryscorer

Same Game Multi @ 22.25
4 Legs • Stake $5.00
South Sydney Rabbitohs v Sydney Roosters
Fri, 1 Sep20:00
Potential Winnings$111.25

Alex Johnston
Anytime Tryscorer
Izaac Thompson
Anytime Tryscorer
Joseph Suaali'i
Anytime Tryscorer
James Tedesco
Anytime Tryscorer

Solid bet on that first game TY. Api is the only thing i'm worried about for 13+ Manly. It's a shame he never stayed there, such a weapon when he's on. I've taken him before and he's come through.

DCE always follows the line break or dummies and gets the try on his own. Another good option. Good luck all !

This Year?

Immortal
Solid bet on that first game TY. Api is the only thing i'm worried about for 13+ Manly. It's a shame he never stayed there, such a weapon when he's on. I've taken him before and he's come through.

DCE always follows the line break or dummies and gets the try on his own. Another good option. Good luck all !
I reckon Manly 13+ will be fine. The Roosters game and the Sharks game could go any way. I hope it gets up. I love seeing people win on the punt because its bloody hard!

Grapple

Bench
I reckon Manly 13+ will be fine. The Roosters game and the Sharks game could go any way. I hope it gets up. I love seeing people win on the punt because its bloody hard!
Thanks mate.

Yeah it is hard, especially margin betting but that's always the best odds - though you have to be prepared to lose some money if you're doing that because someone like Jarod Croker will kick a conversion from the sideline and ruin your best all time multi (happened) .....i'm not bitter though, love that dude :)
Or a team will clock off for the last 15 if they have a big lead and let a side back in and ruin your multi margin.

Try scorers are a tough bet mate, honestly. Look for line bets and margin. A team can play well and the top tryscorer won't touch the ball, but they might win by 1 - 12.

Good luck!