What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 360 + other footy shows

Chipmunk

Coach
Lots of dribble, but I appreciated Braith giving it to Kenty being a former Eels half.

In fairness to Kenty, he would likely have played plenty of NRL if he played in the modern era. That's if he wanted to be an NRL player instead of a journalist

Gazzamatta

Coach
Considering the winners over those years have been Roosters, Storm and Panthers, I don’t think it’s been a failure…that’s 3 pretty bloody good sides

and they had lots of injuries in 2020, while Mitchell was out last year…takes luck to win a comp…
Based on his weekend form, Souths might have also been blown away had Mitchell played.

Chipmunk

Coach
Why do you say that ?
Because plenty of players with the same amount of talent and ability have played NRL since. He would likely be the equivalent of most back up halves of the last devade. I'd compare him to someone like Riley Jacks perhaps. Halves are a rarity these days really.

Although he had a career anyway and football wasn't his priority.

Gronk

Staff member
Because plenty of players with the same amount of talent and ability have played NRL since. He would likely be the equivalent of most back up halves of the last devade. I'd compare him to someone like Riley Jacks perhaps. Halves are a rarity these days really.

OK I don't remember him at all when he was in reggies and I used to watch 3 grades every week. That was the Jason Bell / David Penna era.

Chipmunk

Coach
OK I don't remember him at all when he was in reggies and I used to watch 3 grades every week. That was the Jason Bell / David Penna era.
The sport was a lot different back then. Very few people were on a contract where the only thing you did was play rugby league, now there is around 500 in Australia. Plus players go over to the UK.

I'm not saying he was in the Bell or Penna league, but either is Hayze Perham.

Gazzamatta

Coach

*Jake Arthur

TheParraboy

Staff member
Dally M boring me shitless

Bring back that time where they were in a tiny room, no fan fare and just got on with it..