What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 360

dannyt

Coach
I'll have to go back and have another look but the point is that Mann sits on the bench as a utility and is totally wasted. He is only in the starting line up now because Widdop is injured - right?
Leilua - only played a handful of games - please tell me how he got into the starting 17?
Who did he displace?
Was it on form or because of injury?
I suggest it was because of injury.
The fact that both those players had outstanding games against the Tigers just underlines how negligent McGregor is in not picking the team on form and not methodically giving the younger guys more and more game time.
Tend to agree, and why I don't rate mary as a coach.

He doesn't seem to plan for the future. Sure, he picks players in a 21 man squad with many youngsters on the list. However, he usually culls the same 4 of 5, leaves 1 on the bench, and plays with a 16 man rotation. How the hell does a young player get any FG experience? Does he think being in the squad all week or sitting for 80 minutes on the bench equates to actually spending time on the field in FG?

Last edited:

denis preston

First Grade

He doesn't seem to plan for the future. Sure, he picks players in a 21 man squad with many youngsters on the list. However, he usually culls the same 4 of 5, leaves 1 on the bench, and plays with a 16 man rotation. How the hell does a young player get any FG experience? Does he think being in the squad all week or sitting for 80 minutes on the bench equates to actually spending time on the field in FG?

OR like last week doesn't pick them in the final 17 but puts them on emergency and they don't get a game at all !! ( Lomax and Host half game ). Doesn't make sense to me but a lot of simple things the coaching staff do or don't do leaves me scrathing my head !

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Souths beat us
Storm beat us
Roosters beat us
Panthers beat us
Warriors beat us....twice

Ummmmm.....
lets get real jack we beat storm ,we beat roosters , we also beat cronulla twice yes warriors beat us twice you got that correct .......as a matter of fact storm 1-1, roosters 1-1 ,sharks we won 2-0

WepnutV

Juniors
In your earlier post you suggested SuperCoach has wielded the axe(or words to that effect). I, like many others, don’t believe that as the case. The only way he deals with underperformers is to keep selecting them.[/QlUOTE]
Mate you would not have a clue how he deals with underperformers. Just admit your a mary hater that wil l still complain about him even if we win the comp.

Life's Good

Coach
^^^^Firstly, learn how to use the quote function correctly. It will help in the comprehension of your posts.
Secondly, Sunday is a massive game that you should be preparing the team for. Concentrate on that please Paul.

My man Gasnier

Juniors
I'll have to go back and have another look but the point is that Mann sits on the bench as a utility and is totally wasted. He is only in the starting line up now because Widdop is injured - right?
Leilua - only played a handful of games - please tell me how he got into the starting 17?
Who did he displace?
Was it on form or because of injury?
I suggest it was because of injury.
The fact that both those players had outstanding games against the Tigers just underlines how negligent McGregor is in not picking the team on form and not methodically giving the younger guys more and more game time.

Since when is being picked on the bench not considered being picked in the team? Utility players generally start on the bench and Leilua has been used as an impact player from the bench since he was picked from form for that spot.

WepnutV

Juniors

Paul does more for the dragons future than Wayne Bennett ever did.. I'm sure you nibble on his nuts?

My man Gasnier

Juniors
I asked a number of questions which you did not answer.
Let's start the discussion there.

Neither of your questions relate to your initial point of saying Mann and Leilua are in the team due to injury, now all of a sudden you're trying to make it look like you said the starting 13. Like I've already pointed out, leilua's bench spot was being used to blood rookies each week until after the storm game when Mary said with finals coming up someone would fill that role permanently. Leilua did just that.

My man Gasnier

Juniors
Except when they don't get on the field.

Hard to make an impact on the field when you're getting splinters on the bench.

Not getting game time from the bench hasn't been a problem for Mann or Leilua in the recent past.

Trent Robinson has had a bench player sit on the bench for 80 minutes for the last 3 weeks. Bennett also uses the Broncos bench in a similar fashion.

ouryears

Bench
Not getting game time from the bench hasn't been a problem for Mann or Leilua in the recent past.

Trent Robinson has had a bench player sit on the bench for 80 minutes for the last 3 weeks. Bennett also uses the Broncos bench in a similar fashion.
Again, doesn't make it right.
Comparing is a way to create excuses.

Latest posts