What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Advertising Billboards/Posters

Yesterday as we drove from Randwick to Carrs Park I noticed 3 of these such posters/billboards fopr Cronulla, Souths and St George Illawarra.

Does anyone know how many each club gets ?
Who decides where they go.

The Souths one was on Anzac Parade on an overhead bridge nearing Kingsford. A good spot.

The St George Illawarra one I saw was cnr of Princes Hwy and King George Rd next to Imperial Peking Restaurant. Again a good spot.

The Cronulla onehowever was on General Holmes Drive on the first billboard near the old Airport Control Tower in Kyeemagh. I wonder why a Cronulla one was put in Saints territory ??

brook

First Grade
Theres apparently a wests tigers one on victoria road just past the iron cove bridge.

I'm guessing each club must get at least two because otherwise the wests side of the jv would be having a fit at having it so deep in balmain territory (probably rightly so - at the moment the real battle is to win over the macarther region from the dogs)

dimitri

First Grade
sullyfan said:
Southern Rooster said:
I wonder why a Cronulla one was put in Saints territory ??

:lol: I'm sure dimitri will be pleased.

youre club has to do everything possible to attract supporters from outside the shire

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Special K

Coach
dimitri said:
sullyfan said:
Southern Rooster said:
I wonder why a Cronulla one was put in Saints territory ??

:lol: I'm sure dimitri will be pleased.

youre club has to do everything possible to attract supporters from outside the shire

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Trying to grow a fan base is a bad idea?

Going by what you say - it would be a joke to try and attract new supporters from the gold coast, perth, SA and CC. Yeah1!~~ Go DiMiTrI~~!

Choppies

Coach
brook said:
Theres apparently a wests tigers one on victoria road just past the iron cove bridge.

I'm guessing each club must get at least two because otherwise the wests side of the jv would be having a fit at having it so deep in balmain territory (probably rightly so - at the moment the real battle is to win over the macarther region from the dogs)

Yes there is.

do they all say Be at the game to scream (team name here)

JK

(probably rightly so - at the moment the real battle is to win over the macarther region from the dogs)

IT IS ALL OURS!!!! :lol:

Dogs have one on the M5 - huge (and subverting more Wests fans returning from work or the airport :p )

There's a Penrith billboard (featuring Rhys Wesser) on the M4 just after the Cumberland Highway exits heading towards the west.

b&wdynamite

Juniors
Geez those posters sound like a great idea. It is a shame up here in Brissy though that we don't get squat from the N(SW)RL. Don't get me wrong guys - I think it is fantastic to advertise our great game as much as possible, but it needs to be done everywhere, not just in Sydney. A decent sized Broncos poster up here would make great target practice for everyone who hates them (including me) but at least it would be up there, out there and beating the drium for the greatest game on earth!

JK

I thought the screaming line could have been changed for a few clubs... :oops:

cainen

Juniors
Today driving home on old windsor road i saw a mobile roosters billboard. A truck driving around with a big roosters billboard on the back.