What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL All Stars Game - A potentially funny idea...

So on another Canberra forum we were talking about the upcoming All Stars v. Indigineous game where fans get to vote the team in and it gave me an idea.

There's no doubt that LU has a massive fanbase over every club, and if everyone got behind this idea, it could work.

My idea is collectively agreeing on one of the worst players in the NRL and voting them in the All Stars game. :lol:

Now hear me out. I'm not trying to make a mockery of this - I think it's a fantastic initiative and can't wait for the spectacle. But the fact is it's a 20-man squad so even if one of the worst ever players gets selected they'd be unlikely to play anyway, but it would still be funny to see the media and NRL do a collective 'WTF'? I just wanna see the people power we might have.

This might be one of my stupidest ever ideas, but I just think it'd be funny when they read out the team if you had something like:

"Jarryd Hayne ... Billy Slater ... Darren Lockyer ... Brett Kelly ... (for example)"

a) Is this a good idea or am I certifiably insane?

and

b) What players would you nominate to fulfill such a role?

Dogs Of War

Coach
I think I get it, you want us to name the Roosters squad this year with a few Sharks players thrown in.

maccattack

Juniors
You know, the first thing that springs to mind?

Groucho Marx wagging a big fat cigar saying "That's the stupidest thing I ever heard".

I'll go with my first impressions.

John Morris, starting 1/2 for the Aboriginal Team (I reckon he could milk his way in). If not, then he can take the MVP No. 9 Jumper for the All Stars

P.S. Still hate this concept

MacDougall

First Grade
Surely we can all agree to vote in John Morris. For the love of all that is holy I would probably never be able to laugh again if that were to happen. It'd be the funniest moment in mankind.

Bumble

First Grade
I'll gladly jump on the John Morris bandwagon if people actually want to do this.

The problem with Morris is although it would be hilarious to us and I agree, but the media and NRL seem to rate him ... so I don't know if it would be such a big 'WTF' moment ... know what I mean?

Leaguelegend20

Juniors
ALL STARS TEAM

1. Dave Simmons
2. Adrian Purtell
3. Dean Collis
4. Brad Tighe
5. Brett Kelly
6. John Morris
7. Anthony Watts
8. Danny Wicks
9. Stuart Flanagan
10. Josh Cordoba
11. Shane Rodney
12. Tony Williams
13. Weller Hauraki
14. Clint Amos
15. Germaine Paulson
16. Daniel Conn
17. Todd Payton

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Piss Collis off, put Kelly in the centres and bring Wolfman onto the wing.