What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Announce Grand Final Entertainment

Does the pre-game entertainment look good?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Don't know. Have to wait and see.

• Total voters

Alan Shore

First Grade
Dean Moriarty said:
Tamazoid said:
We should invite Delta Goodrem to sing the national anthem. Piss the AFL people off too.

I doubt two GFs exactly fit in with cancer treatment. Seeing that she is going out with Jude Bolton from the Swans, her brother is in their development squad and she is generally known as a Swans fan, I doubt we would win that one.

She isn't doing the AFL thing - the treatment is too taxing or something.

Tamazoid said:
Dean Moriarty said:
Tamazoid said:
We should invite Delta Goodrem to sing the national anthem. Piss the AFL people off too.

I doubt two GFs exactly fit in with cancer treatment. Seeing that she is going out with Jude Bolton from the Swans, her brother is in their development squad and she is generally known as a Swans fan, I doubt we would win that one.

She isn't doing the AFL thing - the treatment is too taxing or something.

Can't say I blame her - cancer treatment is pretty gruelling stuff.

Victor Trumper

Juniors
Gotta agree with Hass on this one. Ultimatley who's belting out a tune isn't the reason people are there or are watching on TV.

However, maybe they could have got a couple of Aussie bands that are into Rugby League to perform. I'm thinkin, Rusty Crowe and his (alleged) band come out a play a tune, followed by Frenzal Rhomb playing their tribute to said band. Then getting Rusty back out again and watch all the boys "go the punch". Should do the job of getting the juices flowing. :D

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Victor Trumper said:
Gotta agree with Hass on this one. Ultimatley who's belting out a tune isn't the reason people are there or are watching on TV.

However, maybe they could have got a couple of Aussie bands that are into Rugby League to perform. I'm thinkin, Rusty Crowe and his (alleged) band come out a play a tune, followed by Frenzal Rhomb playing their tribute to said band. Then getting Rusty back out again and watch all the boys "go the punch". Should do the job of getting the juices flowing. :D

Russell Crowe's band is an absolute s@#$ house attempt at playing music....i'd rather listen to Kamal then Russell Crowe with his alledged band!!

Frenzel Romb are another band with no appeal outside Australia.....and inside it for that matter!!

Look im reasonably happy to see Meat Loaf & Hoodoo Gurus perform....we can toss up who & who but i think the NRL's decision isn't as bad as you think!!

It's important that we can generate an appeal to the outside audience....in this case the world.. as the event will be broadcast into many country's.....the last thing those people would like to see are washed up, failures over sea's musicians who couldn't cut it with the best from around the world!!

It could be worse though.....Robbie Williams or the Back door boy's :lol: :lol:

Victor Trumper

Juniors
I wasn't serious Ron.

But on the thing of appeal. Aparrently RC's band is somewhat of a minor sensation in the US with a bit of a cult following.. However this is the same country that unleashed upon the world Billy Ray Cyrus and his achy breaky heart amongst a myriad of other musical abominations, so can't really mean much.

Razor

Coach
Hass said:
Music is not a universal taste - different people like different music. As a result you can't please everybody.

I agree.

They have a rock act and a pop act.

Rock & pop are the 2 most popular forms of music.

You can't have those plus an RnB act, a heavy metal act, a country act, a rap act, and so on - it'll cost too much and also take to much time. They have to aim to the majority, which is rock & pop.