What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Bid 2013 - Join the team

Perth Red

Post Whore
Wasn't able to make the luncheon on Friday so don't know the detaisl of teh bid team but great to see the Logo and Tshirts at the game last night. I was sat in a section where we had placards to hold up that spelled out WA Reds NRL bid 2013. The cameras never showed us which makes you wonder if there is some Fox conspiracy at play?

Looking forward to hearing more about the plans for the bid and if anyone has a copy of the logo please post it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
http://www.waredsrugbyleague.com.au/content/news/?page=3&nid=3830&oid=

Reds NRL Bid Kicks Off With A Bang!

REDS NRL BID KICKS OFF WITH A BANG!
Game Highlights Video link: http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,25632844-5005401,00.html
What a week in WA Rugby League!
Having worked with Souths for the past couple of months to make this week a success I can only say that they would have to be one of the most professional sporting clubs in Australia. Yes, they were here to promote their own club but they have also been continually supportive of our goal to re-establish an NRL team here in Perth which is fantastic.
We intend to continue our close association with the Rabbitohs and after last night’s amazing near full house at MES and the quality of Rugby League played in both games, we are very positive about the future.
Our steering committee met with Peter Holmes a Court and other influential business and media leaders on Thursday evening to discuss our future and that was very productive and positive as was the fantastic Sportsman’s Lunch held at the Hyatt on Friday afternoon.
Our Reds sponsors were treated to a wonderful afternoon before the game on Saturday and, thanks to our amazing staff (especially our events coordinator Katie Hutton) everything went off like clockwork. (Thanks Katie)
The first focus of the new WA Reds NRL Steering Committee was to set a solid foundation with the Souths - Storm game by focusing on that and working with Souths to make sure it was a huge success ..... Mission Accomplished and congratulations to everyone who played a part.
Now, we will be back to the serious work of forming a strategic plan, enlisting more support through expanding the committee and then setting bout succeeding on two main fronts:
1. Building membership.
2. Attracting corporate participation and sponsorship.
In the next couple of weeks our Steering Committee Chairman, John Sackson, will be releasing more updates as to where we are headed but one thing for sure is, we want you on board! In fact, we want every one of the 15,000 plus people who were at the big game on Saturday evening on board!
Why not start now by emailing in your name, address, phone contact to our membership officer Gareth Morton (Reds player, click here for profile) garethm@waredsrugbyleague.com.au. It’s as simple as that to be in the draw to win a trip for two to the Rugby League grand final including game tickets, airfares and accommodation.
STAY TUNED!
Geoff Baldwin
Chairman WARL – WA Reds

Nuke

Staff member
Wasn't able to make the luncheon on Friday so don't know the detaisl of teh bid team but great to see the Logo and Tshirts at the game last night. I was sat in a section where we had placards to hold up that spelled out WA Reds NRL bid 2013. The cameras never showed us which makes you wonder if there is some Fox conspiracy at play?

Looking forward to hearing more about the plans for the bid and if anyone has a copy of the logo please post it.
Ah, you were over there. It was a good idea, however perhaps those with the signs needed to every so often have them in the air for no reason (or when play was in their area of the field). The only times I saw it was when there was a goalkick. You're right though. Fox Sports' cameras should have shown it at least once. I'm hoping one of the photographers took a photo of it and it appears in the Rugby League Week or BigLeague magazines both this coming week and when there's an expansion discussion in the magazine (where they compare bids and the merits of each one).

Perth Red

Post Whore
Sadly we needed some tries in that coner and for the kicker to be over next to us!

Good idea but next time we'll do it behind the sticks!!

re the comparisons of the bids, their is only us and CC with legitimate bidding teams at the moment and has been seen from the last two games in each city there is only one winner!

Nicolas Hart

Juniors

There was no conspiracy .... those cards weren't very visible. I didn't even know they said "WA Reds NRL Bid 2013".

Nuke

Staff member
There was another line at the bottom that said something like 'Join our team'.
I have the WA Reds NRL 2013 Bid logo. Once I upload it, I'll post it here for you.

Nuke

Staff member
WARedsInTheNRL2013bidlogo.jpg

natheel

Coach
well i hope their is more teams soon, and WA after their effort of selling out a game this weekend to watch 2 teams that werent their own was definately something to be noticed!!

Nuke

Staff member
Yes, but one day of sun doesn't make it summer.
If Souths go ahead and bring 2 games per year here for the next 3 years, then we need to have similar support for all of these games. That may be hard given we were blessed with great weather last night (on a wet night, the crowd would be considerably smaller I believe).

I do believe Perth did everything right in the lead up to the game last night. I really hope some people who matter sat up and noticed how it all went.

Nicolas Hart

Juniors
Yes, but one day of sun doesn't make it summer.
If Souths go ahead and bring 2 games per year here for the next 3 years, then we need to have similar support for all of these games. That may be hard given we were blessed with great weather last night (on a wet night, the crowd would be considerably smaller I believe).

I do believe Perth did everything right in the lead up to the game last night. I really hope some people who matter sat up and noticed how it all went.

Agreed.

A wet night would cause crowd numbers to fall.

Additionally, this was a "Bye" weekend for AFL. Had a home AFL match been played; it would have also influenced the crowd numbers.

Regardless, positive signs for the future of WA's bid.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Cheers Nuke

Not su sure re AFL game, majority of crwod were clearly RL fans rather than neutrals judging by the club colours on show. Definately re the weather, MES would be a nightmare in the rain!

Thought the ground struggled a bit last night with the crowd numbers, food outlets and toilets in particular. The view is great though and good to be that close to the action. Perth desperately needs a decent rectangular stadium, can't see the Force fans being very happy with MES as is.

Nicolas Hart

Juniors
Cheers Nuke

Not su sure re AFL game, majority of crwod were clearly RL fans rather than neutrals judging by the club colours on show. Definately re the weather, MES would be a nightmare in the rain!

Thought the ground struggled a bit last night with the crowd numbers, food outlets and toilets in particular. The view is great though and good to be that close to the action. Perth desperately needs a decent rectangular stadium, can't see the Force fans being very happy with MES as is.

Food and Bar vendors are usually that busy during any sporting event. It comes with the territory of half-time breaks, and mass commutes to get food/beverages. The facilities are very suitable at the current time ; though the redevelopment (forthcoming) will improve it further.

Good luck convincing Colin Barnett about the government investing in a multi-purpose stadium (able to cater for a rectangular oval). It is an initiative of the Labor Government; which the Liberals in state government have now halted.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Labour wanted to create a multi use oval stadium (which any sport other than AFL would have been a poor relation in), Barnett at least seems to be interested in upgrading MES or building a new one (very unlikely). I reckon the old buys rugger network is in his ear, but if we get a new ground for the Reds then all well and good!

Nicolas Hart

Juniors
Labour wanted to create a multi use oval stadium (which any sport other than AFL would have been a poor relation in), Barnett at least seems to be interested in upgrading MES or building a new one (very unlikely). I reckon the old buys rugger network is in his ear, but if we get a new ground for the Reds then all well and good!

Even an 'upgraded' MES will not be sustainable for the long-term future of Rugby - be it Union or League.

They'll be increasing the ground from an 18,000 to 28,000 ground.

This will constantly ensure Subiaco Oval will host international standard games; trinations / world cup fixtures (union), and so forth.

Western_Eel

Juniors
I think souths are playing there cards right, when Perth does get a team you will probably find the biggest crowds will be the reds V souths, because they would of built up there support in WA

black and gold

Juniors
Agreed.

A wet night would cause crowd numbers to fall.

Additionally, this was a "Bye" weekend for AFL. Had a home AFL match been played; it would have also influenced the crowd numbers.

Regardless, positive signs for the future of WA's bid.
the eagles were playing richmond live on free to air t.v at the same time as the reds game. i dont think there were to many afl people at our game anyway, mainly league and union people.

Nuke

Staff member
I don't know who designed that. I actually don't mind it. It's straight to the point, and has aspects of the NRL logo in it to be distinguishable from any union competition logo.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Remember it is just to promote the bid, we will continue to have our Reds logo for the actual club. I don't mind it, it is in your face and no mistaking the message!