What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Clubs net worth and price

Rooster8

Juniors
I know all clubs have various owners and different overall net worth, but what are the updated figures? ASX Listed broncos would be much higher than Cronulla for example. But what would roughly be the purchase price for a new owner of each NRL club. I read an article a while ago saying that Manly’s board knocked back a 12 million dollar offer for the ownership. Would be interesting to hear everyone’s opinion.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not much, don’t think the nrl recouped much of its expenses when they recently sold titans and knights. Few clubs make a profit and not many have assets worth much. The thing of value is the nrl license. Under $20mill would buy most clubs, if they were for sale I’d suggest.
This year we have seen warriors sold and part ownership of dragons for undisclosed sums.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The Warriors were sold this year for reportedly around $17–18M which was apparently something of a cut price rate with the club’s value being closer to $20M but Watson took a lower price for a cash sale. A rival consortium had apparently been offering as much as $24M but on different terms.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Penn should have take his 12mill and run for the hills.

Only a matter of time I suspect. Manly have a whiff of the sharks pre land sale about them. Clearly they have no money to invest in the club, they must have lost shed loads this year with a crowd avg sub 9k, their dilapidated facilities mean corporate box sales must be terrible. How rich is penn?

tripster

Juniors
Probably depends as well on whether or not the club is one that is profitable or has the potential to become profitable (and if so, in what time period).

Brisbane Broncos are one of the few clubs that are profitable. That's probably unsurprising given the size of the area that they can draw upon as a fan base for ticket, jersey sales and sponsorships. Their market capitalisation on the ASX (share price multiplied by total shares on issue) is $49 million. That probably therefore tells you the maximum that a highly successful NRL club is worth.

greenBV4

Bench

mave

Coach
Only a matter of time I suspect. Manly have a whiff of the sharks pre land sale about them. Clearly they have no money to invest in the club, they must have lost shed loads this year with a crowd avg sub 9k, their dilapidated facilities mean corporate box sales must be terrible. How rich is penn?

Richer than he was before he bought the club.

The Leagues Club land sale has been quite the boon.

jim_57

Staff member
Can we have a "Sharks fans reply something witty about Perth not having a team to every negative Perth Red post on every thread ever" thread?