What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Digital Pass

Lynoman

Bench
Does anyone who subscribes know if you can pay by direct debit? Or do you need a Credit Card?

ed612313

Juniors
what pisses me off is whenever i go to watch a replay they have the results shown on the front page!!!! So you have to try and sign in without seeing the results???]Or am i doing it wrong?

Mickyd39

Juniors
I actually demanded a refund and got it as it never worked.
My laptop and other devices met the requirements but it just didn't work, i wasn't the only one having this issue.
They was a lot of emails going back and forth but i eventually got my money back.
for what it's worth, based on my experience with the digital pass i wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Eddie Lab

Juniors
I actually demanded a refund and got it as it never worked.
My laptop and other devices met the requirements but it just didn't work, i wasn't the only one having this issue.
They was a lot of emails going back and forth but i eventually got my money back.
for what it's worth, based on my experience with the digital pass i wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Lucky you. My subscription auto renewed last year even though I ticked it not to(at the time I couldn't afford $90) they refused to refund it because I didn't take a screen shot of the ticked box. I have saved all my communications with them this time so that bullshit doesn't happen again.

Mickyd39

Juniors
Lucky you. My subscription auto renewed last year even though I ticked it not to(at the time I couldn't afford $90) they refused to refund it because I didn't take a screen shot of the ticked box. I have saved all my communications with them this time so that bullshit doesn't happen again.

I contacted the NRL directly and they got onto it straight away.

The di*ks from Telstra tried to blame me for it not working. FMD!

The crowd support they have is a joke.The people that respond with solutions don't even work for Telstra.

Try and contact the NRL and see if they can help you.

Last edited:

TheFrog

Coach
Anyone used it on a Topfield PVR with Android (version 4.2.2 "Jelly Bean")?

Does it work on such a device and is full screen obtainable at any sort of decent resolution?

Other apps (eg i-view) seem to think its a smartphone.

Last edited:

Eddie Lab

Juniors
I contacted the NRL directly and they got onto it straight away.

The di*ks from Telstra tried to blame me for it not working. FMD!

The crowd support they have is a joke.They people that respond with solutions don't even work for Telstra.

Try and contact the NRL and see if they can help you.

I submitted a bad review to the NRL but didn't get a response plus at this point it has been too long. If I get stuck again I'll go directly to NRL.

Packy

Bench
The only issue I ever had with it was the not full screen thing. Worked wel for me otherwise. Also had direct debit from my debit card account.

Rhyno

First Grade
I tried to download it the other month but it wouldn't work so I just got foxtel play

Diesel

Referee
Does anyone know if the digital pass will carry fox commentary instead of nine (since fox is half owned by Telstra)

Rhyno

First Grade
Foxtel play is piece of sh!t worked good the first couple of weeks but I havnt be able to watch anything the last 2 days cause keeps freezing and loading takes 2hrs to watch a 30min show

Diesel

Referee
Are Telstra running the disgital pass next year or is this the first year of the in house NRL live streaming that we've been hearing about from Grant?

Are Telstra running the disgital pass next year or is this the first year of the in house NRL live streaming that we've been hearing about from Grant?

Just having a look at the NRL's website about it, it would appear based on the following snippet I found on this page (https://www.nrl.com/archive/watchlivenrl/frequentlyaskedquestions/tabid/11397/default.aspx), that it won't be Telstra and I would guess it is going in house -

Why is NRL.com/livepass and the ability to view live games on laptop and PC ending on 4 December 2017?
From January 1, 2018, a new digital rights agreement will come into effect. As part of the new agreement, the live streaming of NRL Telstra Premiership games will only be available via the NRL Official App on mobile or tablet. In preparation for this change, the current live streaming platform on NRL.com for laptops and PC’s will be closed on 4 December 2017.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Good they are finally taking it in house, telstras survice is shit.

I hope they buy enough surver space to keep it all runnin and i hope they promote the hell out of this (free suscription with club memberhip, free match of the week)

Given how badly the PayTV era went for RL, we might finally be on the right side of the the next revolution. RL might finally hve its golden goose