What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Films

applesauce

Bench
Stumbled across this and had no idea about it (also it has a new logo that wasn't in the original media release). Thought it might intrest a few people and didn't know where to put it. I will now be finding some classic games to buy.

http://www.rugbyleaguefilms.com.au/

ShaneO85

Juniors
I get the feeling the NRL are looking to follow the NFL Films model to create documentaries, etc about the game.

The NFL Films presents series on ONE is always good to watch if you are a yank football fan.

beave

Coach
i want to get a hold of our 1995 debut game but the search function on that website is coming up with nothing.......sigh.

captainwarrior

Juniors
I was looking for the Warriors/Bulldogs Qualifying Final in 2003 and it wasn't there either. I requested a match and they said they could make it or whatever and send it out but it was something like $40, wasn't spending that.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Whats the video quality like LatK7. And are they entire matches, or cut down to 50-60 mins or so? I stumbled across this site a while ago, but was a bit wary.

mattystans000

Juniors
For people interested in older rugby league games, I use RLDVDs.com Not trying to promote them if that's against rules, just recommending them as a great service. They have a plethora of English Club RL Games & Internationals from teams across the world (Canada, Japan, Holland, Russia, etc), as well as lot of older Australian Club RL games too. Only 15 Pound for a membership & 1.5-3 Pound per game purchased.

ShaneO85

Juniors
For people interested in older rugby league games, I use RLDVDs.com Not trying to promote them if that's against rules, just recommending them as a great service. They have a plethora of English Club RL Games & Internationals from teams across the world (Canada, Japan, Holland, Russia, etc), as well as lot of older Australian Club RL games too. Only 15 Pound for a membership & 1.5-3 Pound per game purchased.

Just started randomly watching the 88 roos vs rotw. seems alright quality for video so old.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
I'd say they're hand copied, TBH. So the steep price is because its all done by someone rather than automated.

Some pretty rare stuff on there, though.

LatK7

First Grade
Whats the video quality like LatK7. And are they entire matches, or cut down to 50-60 mins or so? I stumbled across this site a while ago, but was a bit wary.

Quality is very good. DVD quality/as broadcast. It's the entire match, often with some before and after bits of the broadcast.

some11

Referee
I wonder if 9 will broadcast a full season in 1080p at any time during the new deal.

Quidgybo

Bench
I wonder if 9 will broadcast a full season in 1080p at any time during the new deal.
No, because the current digital broadcast standards don't support 1080p. They top out at 1080i. The biggest issue is simply the high bandwidth required. If you want 1080p broadcasts or better in the future, you'd best be throwing your support behind the NBN.

Leigh.

Last edited:

Western_Eel

Juniors
No, because the current digital broadcast standards don't support 1080p. They top out at 1080i. The biggest issue is simply the high bandwidth required. If you want 1080p broadcasts or better in the future, you'd best be throwing your support behind the NBN.

Leigh.

Just to top that channel 9 broadcast at 720p

Latest posts