What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Finals 2018

Blair

Coach
Wow, look who's there!

6be72258c18311ba5be3d0fff1d99b70

Blair

Coach
NRL FINALS WEEK ONE:

Friday @ 7.40pm: Melbourne Storm vs South Sydney Rabbitohs at Melbourne Olympic Park

Saturday @ 5.30pm: Penrith Panthers vs New Zealand Warriors at Olympic Stadium

Saturday @ 7.40pm: Sydney Roosters vs Cronulla Sharks at SFS

Sunday @ 4.00pm: Brisbane Broncos vs St George Illawarra Dragons at Lang Park

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I think we are playing brisbane next week. They have equal for and against as penrith but have scored more trys.

NRL.com and everyone else has us at 8th, Penrith 5th. No idea how that comes to be, but seems like gospel

EDIT: Seems like it's decided on points against.

Blair

Coach
That double-header at SFS might be too lucrative for a late change to Penrith Stadium.

So no 'double-header' at the SFS? I thought not. Why would they do that? I would've been strange.
Do NRL have an agreement with the stadium's?
As makes little sense to split the games. Could near pack out ANZ 83.5k or got at least 60k.
Why put the 2 Syndey based teams in the 45.5k stadium vs out of town team and Sydney team in 83.5k stadium.

Burns

First Grade
AFL grand final that afternoon at the SCG. Would have been chaos with that many people at Moore Park. Also the optics are pretty bad when the AFL has a larger crowd than the NRL double header.

Blair

Coach
AFL grand final that afternoon at the SCG. Would have been chaos with that many people at Moore Park. Also the optics are pretty bad when the AFL has a larger crowd than the NRL double header.

You mean finals game between Swans and Giants at SCG.

Blair

Coach
Do NRL have an agreement with the stadium's?
As makes little sense to split the games. Could near pack out ANZ 83.5k or got at least 60k.
Why put the 2 Syndey based teams in the 45.5k stadium vs out of town team and Sydney team in 83.5k stadium.

No idea about an agreement but it probably is the case. I don't like the concept of a 'double-header'. Four sets of fans at one venue?

Blair

Coach
Also Penrith probably prefer ANZ as their home ground, much closer for their fans than Allianz

My train runs through Pantherland. Panthers fans are an unbearable set of bores at the best of times. I hope it's more fun coming home!

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Congrats guys, this is certainly a pretty rare thread title in this forum over recent times, normally at this time of year there is the obligatory "who are we going to support in the finals" thread