What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Finals 2021

Blair

Coach
Mario, Roberts, Davidson, Carroll all worked out well for their next clubs...

Gee, there's some names there. I'm going to catch some old finals this weekend too.

Souths blew it in '89. Minor-Premiers always blow it when they don't go all the way.

JJ

Immortal
Gee, there's some names there. I'm going to catch some old finals this weekend too.

Souths blew it in '89. Minor-Premiers always blow it when they don't go all the way.
Souths and Balmain were both great teams that year, and neither won…. From memory injuries after the Balmain game wrecked Souths…. But those two packs going at each other, just wow

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Caught the end of the 2015 encounter the other night, Ben Hunt lol

Was 25 years since the 96 GF a couple of days back, might chuck that one on for a look this weekend

Blair

Coach
Caught the end of the 2015 encounter the other night, Ben Hunt lol

Was 25 years since the 96 GF a couple of days back, might chuck that one on for a look this weekend
I don't think Ridgee would've passed a 2021 concussion ruling for that one! He played though, you won. Sadly Ian Roberts had moved on to the Cowboys that year, he deserved a premiership with the rest of the Manly gang of the '90s.

JJ

Immortal
Ian Roberts was quite the prop, especially early with Souths he had everything, injuries took a toll and he adapted brilliantly at Manly…. The Garry Jack thing is a cloud though… sadly

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I don't think Ridgee would've passed a 2021 concussion ruling for that one! He played though, you won. Sadly Ian Roberts had moved on to the Cowboys that year, he deserved a premiership with the rest of the Manly gang of the '90s.

Yeah roberts and ridge opted to sit out the season but Ridgey relented in round 9.

Dragons unbelievable fairytale run to make it knocking out the big clubs.

Manly gave up less than 9 points per game, 34 tries conceded in 25 matches is ridiculous

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I genuinely don't care who wins tonight. I've swayed between Penrith (they were my team before 95) and Souths for the Benji factor. Now I just can't wait for the game.

Actually, a Souths one-point win with a Benji field goal at the death would do me.

JJ

Immortal
Think I’ve ended up Souths, Benji and also they didn’t fold and go to Super Greed in the mid 90s
Yeah that’s why I stopped following the Panthers and never forgiven the Warriors

Why Sterling isn’t an immortal I don’t know, only Johns better in 7 imo, Sterlo and Bert were the best I’ve seen

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Shit this Fox buildup is dire. Cronk is the most boring talking head I’ve come across. 2 hours of the same panel talking, no coverage from inside the ground of the retiring players parade or entertainment etc

Meth

Staff member
Shit this Fox buildup is dire. Cronk is the most boring talking head I’ve come across. 2 hours of the same panel talking, no coverage from inside the ground of the retiring players parade or entertainment etc

Yeah you couldn't have picked 3 worse personalities for a GF buildup- Cronk, Anasta and Alexander.