What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Finals 2021

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Damn how good are Melbourne. Made manly look second rate and nullified the best player in the game right now.

Meth

Staff member
Melbourne were getting away with murder at the ruck. The look from Foran to the ref at the beginning of the match said it all, but unfortunately more needed to be said and DCE didn't say it. It's a sad state of affairs when you 4 best refs are judged to be G.Sutton, Atkins, Klein and Gee.

That said, Manly were abysmal and Melbourne were immense.

Morgan Harper. I've never quite got it. It doesn't help that he looks like Con the Fruiterer after a gastric bypass. I understand that he's been quite serviceable up to this point. But he was absolutely woeful. To me, his involvement (or lack thereof) in the final try (to Olam) summed it up. He wasn't even in the contest. Would have been better to hook him early and just put Walker in the centres. Foran and Aloiai were also poor. Taupau not much better. The Trbojevic brothers were a flop, although Jake defended pretty well. I though Walker and Paseka were Manly's best. But they're gone now. They might beat the Roosters (or the Titans), but they won't beat Penrith.

Storm were what you expected them to be. Clinical. Papenhuyzen, Munster and Grant amazing. Everyone else just did their job. With Smith and Addo Carr back, they'll be hard to stop.

Blair

Coach
Damn how good are Melbourne. Made manly look second rate and nullified the best player in the game right now.
They're ruthless opportunists too, that first try was the killer. Manly came out positive but when the Storm spotted the mistake it was try time, and the Sea Eagles never recovered. Mentally they looked beaten, which is always a bad sign.

I was in bed by nine-thirty but listened to the end. 40-12, the radio said that's the exact score for Melbourne against Manly's last three finals! Surely they're mistaken?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Melbourne were getting away with murder at the ruck. The look from Foran to the ref at the beginning of the match said it all, but unfortunately more needed to be said and DCE didn't say it. It's a sad state of affairs when you 4 best refs are judged to be G.Sutton, Atkins, Klein and Gee.

That said, Manly were abysmal and Melbourne were immense.

Morgan Harper. I've never quite got it. It doesn't help that he looks like Con the Fruiterer after a gastric bypass. I understand that he's been quite serviceable up to this point. But he was absolutely woeful. To me, his involvement (or lack thereof) in the final try (to Olam) summed it up. He wasn't even in the contest. Would have been better to hook him early and just put Walker in the centres. Foran and Aloiai were also poor. Taupau not much better. The Trbojevic brothers were a flop, although Jake defended pretty well. I though Walker and Paseka were Manly's best. But they're gone now. They might beat the Roosters (or the Titans), but they won't beat Penrith.

Storm were what you expected them to be. Clinical. Papenhuyzen, Munster and Grant amazing. Everyone else just did their job. With Smith and Addo Carr back, they'll be hard to stop.

You’re correct on the ruck, Bellamy mentioned it in his interview 4 times pre match as their tactic to nullify Tom and Atkins didn’t disappoint them. Every time he touched the ball they had 3 cracks at him, the classic one was when he was tackled on the ground, got up to play it and Grant was hanging off his neck, play on. Amazing how they got high tackle calls that barely touched their chin yet clear forearms to the jaw the other way is play on

Harper is a very good player who had a very off night. Thought a few guys put the cue in the rack when the result was sorted looking towards next week

Back under the radar, just where Des likes them

Penrose_11

Juniors
Be interesting to see how the NRL handle any Covid lockdown being talked about for
Brisbane area. Back to no crowds maybe or worse, postponement of games

Meth

Staff member
Tom T isn't going to have a game like that next week. Wouldn't surprise me if Manly get up.

Will depend heavily on the refereeing. At least, to a degree. Melbourne have astutely created a blueprint to nullifying him, by slowing down the ruck so much early in the set. They'll only face clever coaches from here on out.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
What a difference in the speed of this game, this pace keeps up and the back of this half might leak some points

Young Campbell is a beauty

Blair

Coach
In regard to tonight's first game it would be a Roosters 'home game' I'd suppose. Therefore, they wouldn't want a packed Gold Coast stadium, would they?

However, considering the extraordinary circumstances of this season you'd think they'd concede that point if they had to.

Too late now, they're on the field up in Townsville.

Blair

Coach
A Titan in the bin, a professional foul by Peachey, poor start by them.

I really want them to put the injury-ravaged Roosters out of their misery.

Penrose_11

Juniors
Latrell got 6 weeks for not much different. Coach Robinson went off big time. Be interesting what his take on it will be now shows on other foot. I guess consistency in calls is right up there with what everyone wants week in week out

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
That Verrills call is fair enough

He was bracing himself, no force at all and no forward motion at all, he was a bit of a statue

Latest posts