What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Finals 2021

Blair

Coach
Huge 40 coming up here, can Wayne produce something special and get Penrith into Melbournes half of the draw
The Panthers have always had luck go their way in the last few seasons. Look at that penalty to close out the first half! Pure jammy fluke stuff.

Blair

Coach
Souths in, early in the second-half. What's Bellamy like in his lounge-room? The same as in the coach's box? He doesn't want Penrith before the GF.

Blair

Coach
Eels and Knights must feel great tonight knowing that Penrith then Melbourne await them after tomorrow’s game
That's cruel. 35 years is a long time.

(It's 20 years for the Knights, who ironically made the Eels wait another 15 ;-))

Warriors fans are horrible at finals time. They're full of Schadenfreude.

JJ

Immortal
Eels and Knights must feel great tonight knowing that Penrith then Melbourne await them after tomorrow’s game
I know everyone has been liking Manly, but if they’re on again the Eels are a bigger challenge to the top 3 imo

admittedly I hate Manly and Melbourne so not an unbiased view

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Hmmm. Still not really seeing how Manly can take any positives from the actual performances….
No injuries, the hooker who has been there all year comes back, and hopefully Atkins won’t be seen again and get to play an open game

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I know everyone has been liking Manly, but if they’re on again the Eels are a bigger challenge to the top 3 imo

admittedly I hate Manly and Melbourne so not an unbiased view

If Newcastle start well they may implode today, but I can’t see any way they can back up and beat Penrith and Melbourne consecutively

TheDMC

Bench
No injuries, the hooker who has been there all year comes back, and hopefully Atkins won’t be seen again and get to play an open game
You might want Suli playing in the centres no? He was immense the other week and Harper was awful on Friday night. Suli has a tonne more upside and doubt he could have as much of a shocker as Harper had (though usually Harper is solid enough).

Blair

Coach
"Why the f**k are we turning on each other? Some serious knobs in this place."

If you want some sneaky feelgood Warriors loser fun then head into the Panthers game-day thread, over on their forum, of course.

Reactions: JJ

JJ

Immortal
If Newcastle start well they may implode today, but I can’t see any way they can back up and beat Penrith and Melbourne consecutively
Have to be careful here as you're a Manly loyalist, and I've always disliked them (except when they play Melbourne or Brisbane)

Agree 100%, I just feel like the Eels are the 4th best team, Manly building for the next couple of years, I think - some very obvious weaknesses

Interesting now, Penrith are better than that and have to respond now, and then have to beat Melbourne a week early - for me that is the GF still, Souths were great but I don't think they can beat Penrith again, nor can they beat Melbourne. Manly-Souths could be interesting (if that happens) but I can't see how the winner beats Melbourne or Penrith (injuries etc aside)

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
You might want Suli playing in the centres no? He was immense the other week and Harper was awful on Friday night. Suli has a tonne more upside and doubt he could have as much of a shocker as Harper had (though usually Harper is solid enough).
I would have had him over Parker but he won’t get a run, 1 bad game from Harper won’t outweigh his 20 good ones this year. Suli defensively is where he has struggled and probably the reason why he couldn’t get back in after injury and has been offloaded to the Dragons

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Have to be careful here as you're a Manly loyalist, and I've always disliked them (except when they play Melbourne or Brisbane)

Agree 100%, I just feel like the Eels are the 4th best team, Manly building for the next couple of years, I think - some very obvious weaknesses

Interesting now, Penrith are better than that and have to respond now, and then have to beat Melbourne a week early - for me that is the GF still, Souths were great but I don't think they can beat Penrith again, nor can they beat Melbourne. Manly-Souths could be interesting (if that happens) but I can't see how the winner beats Melbourne or Penrith (injuries etc aside)

I’m not a big Queen Gutho or Moses fan so I’m a bit clouded on them, they are a team of individuals yet to prove themselves when the kitchen gets hot

Thing is in that prelim, those 2 sides will bash each other up immensely and may be down the next week, Penrith have some big game demons to rid themselves of as well which adds to their pressure on the big day. They aren’t the same side they were pre origin as well, Luai not performing at all. The other 3 coaches all have the ability to get their sides up on a day

Certainly a very different finals series now to the predictable one forecasted

Last edited:
Reactions: JJ

Meth

Staff member
A couple of sensational games last night. Souths have tipped the competition on its head. Now we're looking at the possibility of a Melbourne v Penrith semi and a Bunnies v Roosters semi.

Meth

Staff member
Reynolds was masterful last night. Also, Taafe handled the pressure on him really well. Happy for the young bloke. Probably Burgess' best game in a long time too.

Penrose_11

Juniors
How did Isaah Yeo not pick up some sort of charge for that crusher. That looked bout as standard as a crusher gets. Players been picking up suspensions left right and centre all season for those. Finals a bit like SOO i guess and didn’t standards in effect

Penrose_11

Juniors
Reynolds was masterful last night. Also, Taafe handled the pressure on him really well. Happy for the young bloke. Probably Burgess' best game in a long time too.
Reynolds is just going to be absolute gold for the Broncs next season. I’d say $3.5mil well spent

JJ

Immortal
I can’t understand why they’re letting Reynolds go…. Would have been perfect for us too, whatever the cost