What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Finals 2021

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
It might sound like boring old rhetoric around Penrith, but they really seem to have this arrogance about them that hasn't yet been justified. Not sure if this is something Ivan has tried to build in them or hasn't kept in check, but it might have bitten them in the arse last night. Seems like Uncle Wayne thoroughly outcoached Ivan, too. Won the mind games, won the battle on the ground

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Still can’t fathom Reynolds being sent packing. Tom Burgess was immense last night too without getting the plaudits

Verrills looking at a suspension for the Chooks, didn’t think there was much in it on his part

Blair

Coach
Parra fans will be tightening up right now. This was their game to lose. 22-10 up, half an hour to go, and on top (with Fergo on fire).

22-20 now.

JJ

Immortal
It might sound like boring old rhetoric around Penrith, but they really seem to have this arrogance about them that hasn't yet been justified. Not sure if this is something Ivan has tried to build in them or hasn't kept in check, but it might have bitten them in the arse last night. Seems like Uncle Wayne thoroughly outcoached Ivan, too. Won the mind games, won the battle on the ground
Ivan’s coaching might be Penrith’s Achilles heel…

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Watching Matty Johns and Daley came on at the end with next weeks odds, absolutely crazy !

Chooks paying $3.40 and the Eels $4

Blair

Coach
Absolutely gutting for Newcastle. That was about as bad a dropped ball as I've ever seen.
Newcastle had become my side this week but that didn't last long. I haven't seen this Bunker 'howler' but it constantly surprises me how they can get so many decisions wrong.

I believe there's also more than one person up there too, so that should be added assurance that they'd get things right.

Is the Bunker an improvement on the old 'TMO' (or whatever it was called)?

Anyhow, we roll onto Mackay for Week Two:

Friday: Manly v Sydney.
Saturday: Penrith v Parramatta.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Id be dirty if I was Latrell tbh. If the Paulo hit is worth a fine only. Direct shoulder to the head is direct shoulder to the head. Just goes to show how much the hysteria, injury and media coverage plays a part in the judicial process.

JJ

Immortal
Id be dirty if I was Latrell tbh. If the Paulo hit is worth a fine only. Direct shoulder to the head is direct shoulder to the head. Just goes to show how much the hysteria, injury and media coverage plays a part in the judicial process.
Does anyone take the judiciary seriously? Only thing it is useful for is making The Bunker look good

Beavers Headgear

First Grade

The force of his flying in makes it slightly different, can’t remember if he got caught for reckless or careless. Hasn’t helped himself being his 3rd or 4th one of those in the last 18 months though. He could feel aggrieved though seeing Paulo cop a fine with priors under his belt

Munster 3 fines for deliberately kicking 3 people is an interesting one too

It doesn’t help Manly, but I hope Verrills gets off tonight too

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Did it actually hit him in the head? I couldn't see it happening. Surely if a guy Paulo's size hits Kurt Mann in the head, he's not awake? To be fair, there didn't look to be a lot of attempt to use arms.

And yeah, hysteria, extent of injury, star quality of the guys involved and media coverage plays a massive part. Extent of injury, I believe should count. The rest is all the bullshit element that plays into it, but it is understandable human behaviour

JJ

Immortal
Just pondering the list of injuries and enforced retirements the Roosters have... astonishing they're in the comp, and even with additional losses of SST and Manu very recently (not just players they're down, but KEY players), they're still a good shot at beating Manly - FMD that club and coach are doing a lot of things right

Blair

Coach
Parra fans have the same white knuckle ride with Fergo as we did with Manu.

On balance our guy was the better player, I believe, but we often held our breath when the big fella was under a bomb, as do Eels fans when Fergo stuffs up on defence. Sometimes he rushes out like no one's business. It could cost them the game on Saturday.

JJ

Immortal
Just pondering the list of injuries and enforced retirements the Roosters have... astonishing they're in the comp, and even with additional losses of SST and Manu very recently (not just players they're down, but KEY players), they're still a good shot at beating Manly - FMD that club and coach are doing a lot of things right
AND Verrills, I'll never feel sorry for the Roosters, but how the f**k he Paulo playing and Verrills banned??? The bunker and the judiciary, are seriously f**ked