What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Finals 2021

JJ

Immortal
Penrith dominated but their attack has stuttered since mid year. Souths were incredibly brave

Sterlo is an absolute champion

Blair

Coach
Great scenes in Mountie (Mt Druitt, suburb of Penrith) last night 'outside Jarome Luai's house'.

Sheer joy, in a tough area. I have a soft spot for Mt Druitt, as I attended the local Polytech there in 2016 and loved it.

Lsst night I also learnt some street slang from the man himself, Jarome. 'FTA', it means 'from the area', brah!

I think the right team won. I really do now.

Benek

Juniors
Panthers seemed the better team for all but a few minutes of the game. Their line speed and dominance in tackles was totally suffocating. Targetting the young fullback all night. Kicking game was nearly perfect and they controlled field position almost the entire time. They really should have won by more, except for a lack of execution on some of their attacking opportunities.

Bunnies were really courageous to stay in the fight until the end. Felt like they spent 75% of the game working the ball off their own line or defending drop-outs. Yet they didn't leak any soft tries and created their chances with very limited opportunities.

It was a high-quality thriller to watch for a GF. The right team definitely won but Souths didn't make it easy for them.

JJ

Immortal
Penrith have been outstanding for two years now, thoroughly deserved, and given their injuries and the loss in week 1, outstanding achievement to grind out wins against three quality teams...

Huge effort by Souths, outstanding defensively, think Wayne said something like "no regrets, just disappointment"

Blair

Coach
Penrith have been outstanding for two years now, thoroughly deserved, and given their injuries and the loss in week 1, outstanding achievement to grind out wins against three quality teams...

Huge effort by Souths, outstanding defensively, think Wayne said something like "no regrets, just disappointment"
And our man Ivan is now a premiership-winning coach.

It took him a while, as we know. Last night, when the commentator said '370 games and you're now a premiership-winner', I half expected Ivan to have a dig at us in reply, 'yeah, but how many of those games were with the Warriors?'

Being a Warriors fan sucked this weekend, anyway.

Reactions: JJ

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Positives of the season being done, not being subjected to flogs like Kent, Buzz and hooper

Big anniversary today, 13 years since 40-0

Blair

Coach

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Thought it was extremely weak by the NRL with the punishments that they dished out today, no deterrent at all really

I don’t buy into the “it is rampant over there so it isn’t a big deal” chat either. If they won’t to be like everyone else, throw your big money contract in and head to uni living off 2 min noodles, if you want to be a professional player and enjoy what comes from that, stay away from the crap

Scott

Bench
Thought it was extremely weak by the NRL with the punishments that they dished out today, no deterrent at all really

I don’t buy into the “it is rampant over there so it isn’t a big deal” chat either. If they won’t to be like everyone else, throw your big money contract in and head to uni living off 2 min noodles, if you want to be a professional player and enjoy what comes from that, stay away from the crap
Walsh, Smith & Munster should all be banned for 12 games.

Extremely piss poor from the NRL. The RLPA clearly run the game now & it's an absolute sham!

Manu Vatuvei

Coach

I don't really follow your logic. "It" is rampant amongst all walks of life, but if anything "party drugs" like cocaine, MDMA etc are MORE common and associated with the rich and successful. Lawyers, entrepreneurs, musicians, actors, whatever. I don't follow the link you are drawing between privilege/success and not doing drugs, or between doing drugs and having a working class job, or going to uni?

This is neither a pro-drug or anti-drug stance I'm taking, I just don't see how you're getting from A to B.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
How im getting from A to B is fairly simple

If you want to earn the big bucks and sign up to be in the public spotlight at a young age, stay away from the crap, or be hit extremely hard when you do

If you want to be a standard young man that leaves school with bugger all and wants to party and dabble in that crap, don’t sign your contract for the big bucks and head into the ‘normal’ world

Blair

Coach
Cheers guys, another season is done.

I'm doing my usual spring and summer break from the forum and I wish you all well over this time. You're a great bunch of league fans! Of that there is no doubt.

Every year it's a pleasure being here and see you all for round one in March.

Last edited:

Latest posts