What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Finals 2022

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Surprise surprise Kikau gets a fine and good for next week

Milne 6 weeks
I mean, I get it. It's human nature. It's so hard to ban people for a GF, and if you're going to err, it's going to be that way.

That's why I found that French ref's decision in the Bledisloe so wonderfully strong. Course, I can say that as an NZer...but he had MASSIVE stones to make such a call in the last minute, when 99% of referees wouldn't. That's the guy you want to be officiating, I reckon. It would have been much easier to let it slide.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Hes a good kid off the field
Know his dad pretty well. Hes a massive Warriors supporter to
When Milne 1st made Roosters top 30 and and even at the Dragons, his Dad still would rock up in his Warriors jersey haha

But yeah Milne just had a massive brain explosion in the whole finals series. Dumb dumb and dumb.
But hes copping it on social media big time today. Even his Mrs copping it to

I can't say whether or not he's a good kid but what's on record is he was released by Roosters in 2015 for "questionable work ethic and poor training performance" plus "minor off-field dramas", and sacked by Tigers in 2018 for failing a drug test.

Might be a lovely bloke but hard to deny he's mucked up his career a bit with on-field and off-field ill discipline

Blair

Coach
It's such a long wait till the weekend. People who had been down to Penrith today said it was just going off, as you'd expect. The team trained in front of the public and the whole town was just flags, jerseys and car horns. It's school holidays too.

I might go down on Friday to catch the GF vibe. I want them to win. Poor Parra! Wrong opponent.

Reactions: JJ
I can't say whether or not he's a good kid but what's on record is he was released by Roosters in 2015 for "questionable work ethic and poor training performance" plus "minor off-field dramas", and sacked by Tigers in 2018 for failing a drug test.

Might be a lovely bloke but hard to deny he's mucked up his career a bit with on-field and off-field ill discipline

100% bro

Hes lost about 4-5 decent seasons being a dickhead

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
No official thread opened for tips so I’ll lob in here

Penrith 34 Parramatta 6
Churchill Medal - Edwards (probably Cleary but he is a boring pick)
First Try Scorer - Martin

Blair

Coach
No official thread opened for tips so I’ll lob in here

Penrith 34 Parramatta 6
Churchill Medal - Edwards (probably Cleary but he is a boring pick)
First Try Scorer - Martin
You beat me to it with the score prediction. I'm going 42-12, Penrith are that good, we haven't seen a side this dominant for a long time.

Churchill will go to To'o, and he'll get a hat-trick, but Crichton will score the first try.

My Eels source was a bag of nerves today at work. Grand Final week turns the best of us into putty. Thirty-six years! But they've got Penrith to beat. I feel for them.

JJ

Immortal
It's Penrith's to lose, but the Eels can be scarily good at times - Penrith are usually scarily good

Penrith 28 Parramatta 10, Yeo to win the Churchill medal
Staines first try

flippikat

Bench
Parramatta 15-10

I got a feeling there won't be a heap of tries, and it'll see-saw a bit

Parra will get their nose ahead 11-10 in the final quarter of the game, then a late try in the corner will seal it.

Blair

Coach
Parramatta 15-10

I got a feeling there won't be a heap of tries, and it'll see-saw a bit

Parra will get their nose ahead 11-10 in the final quarter of the game, then a late try in the corner will seal it.
How exciting. So Moses misses the conversion giving Penrith one last crack! They'll need a fleet of ambulances on stand-by.

Blair

Coach
It’s likely to be a wet one so I don’t see Penrith running up a big score. 26-12 panthers
I didn't factor in the weather forecast but I should've. I doubt Penrith would score 42 points in damp conditions.

Closer to game-day and I'm becoming increasingly torn about who I want to win. It's been Penrith up till now but I know a lot of Parra fans and I like them better than the Panthers fans I know!

Thirty-six years, the raw emotion after the final whistle...

Blair

Coach
One more sleep! Rabbs or no Rabbs, I haven't looked forward to a grand final so much in years!

I can't quite fully get to the 'Go Parra!' stage yet but I think I'm in their stream for tomorrow night. I think.

Today is quite bright, after cold rain yesterday, so fans won't be too uncomfortable (although there could be a shower or two).

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
11 years today since the 2011 GF

penrith just added the state cup to winning the Jersey Flegg, SG Ball and NSW Cup last weekend
They have done so much right at that club, despite the talent pool until late 80s they were an embarrassment tbh, rather than talk shit George and the ‘leaders’ should poke around there

Blair

Coach
The Women's final is near kick-off, Parra v Knights. I reckon there'd be some hard ladies in that Newcastle outfit!

A big night ahead, let the good times roll.

Latest posts