What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nrl game in perth 2008

Alehana

Juniors
Does anyone have any information on whether an NRL game will come to perth in 2008? i hear the rabbitohs due to one of their owners having links with perth, cronulla bought a home game over here a few years back but thats the last game i heard of in perth, i missed that one:x, but keen to go to one this yr if there is one.

Nuke

Staff member
None this season, no.

South Sydney are talking with the NRL, WARL and the WA government (or the Events Corp ... if that's not part of the government) about spending 3 weeks here every year for the next several years, playing 2 games. They're working it with the NRL that they'd have 2 home games -one each side of a bye. That way they play their two games here, and do quite a number of clinics in the few weeks while here.

Everything I'm seeing seems to indicate it'll definitely happen, so that's a bloody great thing to happen to us here in WA. It hasn't been signed off as a done-deal yet, but hopefully that'll get done much sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed!

Alehana

Juniors
Thanks Nuke, yeh fingers crossed for sure, in the meantime do u Nuke (or anyone else) know about league at members equity? i know i went to a soccer game there (i know, but i had no choice) and i saw a sign saying WARL home grounds, so i thought maybe the reds play there or some good rugby league is played. Most of the club comp is in outer suburbs, so that sucks for me i'm in the western part, what would be the closest clubs?

joondalup_giant

Staff member
the reds will be playing there this saturday evening in the first home game of the season against the South Sydney Sharks kick off is at 7:30pm.

closest club would probably be South Perth, there located @ George Burnett Oval, not 2 sure though depends where you are in Perth

Nuke

Staff member
The WARL teams' home grounds are:
Joondalup Giants : Admiral Reserve (Heathridge) and Arena Joondalup
North Beach Sea Eagles : Charles Riley Reserve (North Beach)
Central Bulldogs : Centenary Field (Canning)
South Perth Lions : George Burnett Oval (Manning)
Willagee Bears : Webber Reserve (Willagee)
Fremantle Roosters : Ken Allen Field (Beaconsfield)
Rockingham Coastal Sharks : Lark Hill Sports Complex (Secret Harbour)
Kalgoorlie Brothers : ??? (they've changed home grounds this season)

... and of course, the WA Reds play at MembersEquity Stadium!

Alehana

Juniors
ahhh thanks heaps Nuke, legend. I used to play union for cott, but now thinking of playing league(i had to take this year off for neck injury), there all so far away for me, i'd either play for north beach, south perth, central, freo, or joondalup. r u a member of reds?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Get yourself down to Members on Saturday night Alehana. It may not be the NRL but it will be alot of fun and the Reds need as much support in their first year as they can get.

Alehana

Juniors
Oh i will, my mates want me at the newport, but i can c this benefiting alot more people, plus i'll be saving money. what time?

b0rt

Juniors
ahhh thanks heaps Nuke, legend. I used to play union for cott, but now thinking of playing league(i had to take this year off for neck injury), there all so far away for me, i'd either play for north beach, south perth, central, freo, or joondalup. r u a member of reds?

if you played for cott (and still live around there) north beach or joondalup would definately be the best option for you

joondalup_giant

Staff member
Oh i will, my mates want me at the newport, but i can c this benefiting alot more people, plus i'll be saving money. what time?

mate do wat im doin get ur mates 2 meet at the game then hit up north bridge after!

they kick off at 7:30pm.

also were trainin at 6:15pm this thursday if u wanna come down 4 a look.

Alehana

Juniors
yeh sweet, this thursday i'm away, next thursday is mid sem break, so i'll be away as well, but i'll come down week after have a look, hear giants r real good team, lee te maari came from there i believe.

if i went i doubt any of my m8'es would want to come, they r of the afl breed, but i'll get along on sat for sure.

b0rt

Juniors
yeh sweet, this thursday i'm away, next thursday is mid sem break, so i'll be away as well, but i'll come down week after have a look, hear giants r real good team, lee te maari came from there i believe.

if i went i doubt any of my m8'es would want to come, they r of the afl breed, but i'll get along on sat for sure.

nah the giants are average aye :D
theres a few players in the NRL from a couple of clubs, hopefully more in the future

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors
The WARL teams' home grounds are:
Joondalup Giants : Admiral Reserve (Heathridge) and Arena Joondalup
North Beach Sea Eagles : Charles Riley Reserve (North Beach)
Central Bulldogs : Centenary Park (Belmont)
South Perth Lions : George Burnett Oval (Manning)
Willagee Bears : Webber Reserve (Willagee)
Fremantle Roosters : Ken Allen Field (Beaconsfield)
Rockingham Coastal Sharks : Lark Hill Sports Complex (Secret Harbour)
Kalgoorlie Brothers : Cruickshank Oval, Kalgoorlie
... and of course, the WA Reds play at MembersEquity Stadium!

Just thought I'd add that bit in and do the suburb typo. ;-)

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors

Well Im a proud owner of a Giants number plate and I live in Kalgoorlie and watch the Brothers! If that helps, plus I own 4 Giants jerseys and a cap! :lol:

Nuke

Staff member
Just thought I'd add that bit in and do the suburb typo. ;-)
Thanks.

That Belmont error is one I've thought about since not long after I typed it, but for one reason or another keep getting distracted and forgetting to change it.