What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Games

Dragon David

First Grade
Farcical.

All the journos said last night Trent would be sacked. As he should, with a win rate of 15%.

To save his reputation, Gould gave him an out.
Exactly, right on the money, Tru. Just a "friendly" persuasion. "Trenty old mate, it's Gus here. Hope you are sitting down in your Bulldogs clobber. You know that I've spoken to the Board about you. I tried to convince them - (snicker, snicker) - to keep you on for at least all of this year and even all of next year. You know we have been mates for a while and what are friends for. They said to me (snicker, snicker) to just tell you to buzz off now mate. I tried because I can see that you are trying to get solutions for better results, I told them that (snicker, snicker). I tried sorry mate. So the best solution is for you to hand in your resignation. Just say you quit and I will fill in the rest. No need for you to say anything to the media, I will do that for you.
We'll give you $500k just so you know we are thinking of you (snicker, snicker). And by the way, can you please return the Bulldogs clobber you are wearing in the post pronto so that we can pass it onto the next fall guy".

Dragon David

First Grade
I wish Gus worked at the Dragons.
He supposed to have done us a favour by getting the Board to sack Mary but as he and Mary are buddies, he just said all ok keep him and get Shane Flanagan to be at his side - not do anything, but be at his side. The rest is history for another year. If Gus did for us what he has "just done" for the Bulldogs we would have had one less year of Mary and possibly, one more year of Hook. Don't know which one I would have preferred?

Gus is a no nonsense man as we all know. If he worked as our football general manager, who knows where we would be heading and who would be our coach and what players we would have? We won't know because he won't come to us.

blacksafake

First Grade

Dragon David

First Grade
You’d be silly to believe Gus when it comes to matters like this.
Just look at Gus's face. It spells lies, lies lies. How could you work with a guy like him around, the arrogant so and so. There has to be a day when Gus fails big time and he walks off into the sunset. He is good though as the hangman.

Take a look at this from this mornings Foxsports news. As I said above, Gus tells porkies and he has deceived no one.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
wow the cowboys really giving it to the storm,,that is going to be a tough game when we play them
I think we have a bye before we play the Cows and I think it is after SOO1 - maybe there will be a few Cows players selected in the SOO. I don't think we will have any not even Hunt.

By the way, can someone put the Round 12 Thread up Versus the Bulldogs. I started the Round 10 v Titans and we lost so I don't want to put the mockers on them again.

Trifili13

Juniors
I can see the Roosters breaking out the cheque book as they can no longer match it week in week out with the big boys. Yes they will win the odd game against the heavyweights, and beat most lower table teams, but don't have the all round muscle to go head to head with Penrith or the Storm if those teams are at full strength.

Dragon David

First Grade
I can see the Roosters breaking out the cheque book as they can no longer match it week in week out with the big boys. Yes they will win the odd game against the heavyweights, and beat most lower table teams, but don't have the all round muscle to go head to head with Penrith or the Storm if those teams are at full strength.
Yes, I agree Trifili. This isn't their year - forwards are not as good as yesteryear. I can't see any other team beating the Panthers in the grand final and they will go and win back to back premierships. They are just too good and they have a lot of depth to cover players who will play in SOO.

Gareth67

First Grade
Speaking of the rorters cheque book , that down and out thug JWH has been fined $1800 by the judiciary. Should the big lug decide to fight ☺️ the charge then it will be increased to $2500 .

Isn’t it just amazing that he escapes with a fine - yet again ! The penalty should had been time out off the game to teach the mug some manners and respect to those idiot refs .

This is yet another example of the NRL’s even playing field for all clubs . 😳

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Speaking of the rorters cheque book , that down and out thug JWH has been fined $1800 by the judiciary. Should the big lug decide to fight the charge then it will be increased to $2500 .

Isn’t it just amazing that he escapes with a fine - yet again ! The penalty should had been time out off the game to teach the mug some manners and respect to those idiot refs .

How in blazes does he do it? Nick will cover the fines out of his trouser pockets - I'm sure he has thousands in all of his pockets, just in case he needs to "give a little" to help a cause like JWH. It was a blatant high head hit in my opinion and he had the nerve to challenge and argue with the ref after Sutton told him to sit out for 10 minutes in the bin.

JWH made sure that Su'a didn't play on after he landed on Su'a's ankle. How is it that he escapes suspension every week and only gets fined. Bloody good for nothing thug he is.

Illusion

Bench
I think we have a bye before we play the Cows and I think it is after SOO1 - maybe there will be a few Cows players selected in the SOO. I don't think we will have any not even Hunt.

By the way, can someone put the Round 12 Thread up Versus the Bulldogs. I started the Round 10 v Titans and we lost so I don't want to put the mockers on them again.
Mate we dont need to start any thread on it and we might be a chance 😂😂

Gareth67

First Grade
How in blazes does he do it? Nick will cover the fines out of his trouser pockets - I'm sure he has thousands in all of his pockets, just in case he needs to "give a little" to help a cause like JWH. It was a blatant high head hit in my opinion and he had the nerve to challenge and argue with the ref after Sutton told him to sit out for 10 minutes in the bin.

JWH made sure that Su'a didn't play on after he landed on Su'a's ankle. How is it that he escapes suspension every week and only gets fined. Bloody good for nothing thug he is.
Yes Dave , that still rankles me Su’as injury caused by Hargreaves who , as you have said got of Scott free .

But our man is out for 10 weeks as a result , there no doubt that they they continue to be protected from the harsh sentences of the judiciary- perhaps the chooks are on the ‘ endangered species ‘ list . 🤔

Dragon David

First Grade
Yes Dave , that still rankles me Su’as injury caused by Hargreaves who , as you have said got of Scott free .

But our man is out for 10 weeks as a result , there no doubt that they they continue to be protected from the harsh sentences of the judiciary- perhaps the chooks are on the ‘ endangered species ‘ list . 🤔
Instead of them being called the chooks, they should be called the crooks.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Speaking of the rorters cheque book , that down and out thug JWH has been fined $1800 by the judiciary. Should the big lug decide to fight the charge then it will be increased to $2500 .

Did he touch the ref, i thought he touched the ref as he was putting he's arm up to bin him?

Crush

Coach
What's going on in the Sharks department? I thought they were the blue print on how to turn around a club in the space of one season!

PS. I love death riding these guys. I hope Fitzy learns in the long run that being an NRL head coach isn't a job you can pick and choose as a rookie and a job is a job at the end of the day!!! 😂
4th after 11 rounds, 7 wins 4 losses.
What’s a pass mark for Fitzy this year in your eyes?
So far so good in my eyes, wish we had him.