What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Games

FlameThrower

Bench
im glad the roosters got a taste of what the dragons go through with refs especially sutton, that game was gifted to the panthers by the ref right at crucial times, oh well welcome to dragons world.
Roosters got robbed - they played pretty well. Panthers were given huge advantages to win. Admittedly they do play much better when they are in front and on a roll. Catch up football is always high risk.

justadragon

Bench
Roosters got robbed - they played pretty well. Panthers were given huge advantages to win. Admittedly they do play much better when they are in front and on a roll. Catch up football is always high risk.
unlike hook robinson didnt back off on the ref at the PC, i think uncle nick said dont worry about the fine, lets see what happens when the roosters play again and what sort of deal they get

Dragon David

First Grade
Round 17 of 25 rounds have now been done and dusted. No more byes, just hard and tough footy left to see who ends up in the top 8 and who will be in the bottom 8 and the unlucky wooden spooner for 2022.

After our unfortunate loss to the Broncos today, we have games against the Roosters (A), Sea Eagles(H), Cowboys(H), Sharks(A), Raiders(A), Titans(H), Wests Tigers(A) and the Broncos(H) again. We play 4 home games and 4 away games. If we can win the 4 home games and possibly jag one away game, we will gain 10 points to give us 28 points at the end of the season and should see us playing finals footy.

Would this be wishful thinking or can this actually happen?

jeffdragon

Bench
Round 17 of 25 rounds have now been done and dusted. No more byes, just hard and tough footy left to see who ends up in the top 8 and who will be in the bottom 8 and the unlucky wooden spooner for 2022.

After our unfortunate loss to the Broncos today, we have games against the Roosters (A), Sea Eagles(H), Cowboys(H), Sharks(A), Raiders(A), Titans(H), Wests Tigers(A) and the Broncos(H) again. We play 4 home games and 4 away games. If we can win the 4 home games and possibly jag one away game, we will gain 10 points to give us 28 points at the end of the season and should see us playing finals footy.

Would this be wishful thinking or can this actually happen?
I think we'd need to win 6.
But can't see it.
At start of year end draw was good but now Broncs snd cows going well a different story.
For and against is poor.
Cant see us bt chooks this weekend.
Haven't won that return game in years.

Dragon David

First Grade
But can't see it.
At start of year end draw was good but now Broncs snd cows going well a different story.
For and against is poor.
Yes, the Roosters will want to avenge their loss to us on Anzac Day. Could be a big score to them. Who is next in line to start the next game thread jeffdragon?

Dragon David

First Grade
Can someone explain to me why, when a team has a player sent to the sin bin the team with 13 men just keep running up the middle rather than setting up overlaps to score out wide against 12 men?

Dragon David

First Grade
But can't see it.
For and against is poor.
Well you got that one right jeff. We did beat the Sea Eagles and that means if you are right about us having to win 6 of our remaining games, then that means we have to win 5 games out of the remaining 6. A tough assignment which I dont think we can do, maybe still 4 at best and hope that other results go our way - our poor for and against won't help. It's a cross your fingers job starting next game against the Cowboys.

I think that one team that won't make the top 4 this year will be the Storm. They do not have the right players to play Storm footy at the moment and when you watch them, they play like a losing team (not saying which one). Bellamy cannot do much like many other coaches if you don't have the good cattle to win you games. Players can pass, catch, and defend but they need to do it effectively and with conviction 8o minutes of the game which the Storm have previously done but not this year.

We too need to pass, catch and defend with conviction as well if we are to make the finals.

Dragon David

First Grade
I am sure he does, but, is it time to trot out the old "You can't keep 'em all"?
I guess at the time that Josh left, the Storm had Xavier Coates to take his place and he was good. No-one could predict the injury to him but the Storm just don't appear to have the quality in their players now. No Hynes, no Finucane and the other injured players and of course B Smith suspended. At long last they get to suffer and it can turn the clubs fortunes around.

Penrith on the other hand still kick on winning 9 in a row and if the Tigers beat the Cowboys today, Penrith will have a 10 point ladder lead which hasn't been done since 1975 by the Roosters.

I am still hoping that the Cowboys beat the Tigers otherwise they will come at us even harder next week.

Dragon David

First Grade
Tigers were completely robbed, feel for them and their fans after losing like that.
I hoped the Cowboys would win, but not like that. The Tigers to me were robbed. Kyle Feldt purposely ran into the Tigers centre and in fact should have been penalised, I think.

The commentators on Fox said that the guy in the Bunker made a lot of strange calls today. I certainly feel for the Tigers. They deserved to win as far as I am concerned.

I think Dearden could be in strife for fingering the eye of one of the Tigers players (I think it was Starford To'a). The MRC should look at it.

Latest posts