What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Gymnastics - Backflip Event.. T.Peachey (AUS)

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/09/12...-peachey-wants-out-of-gold-coast-titans-deal/

Penrith centre Tyrone Peachey has declared he does not want to move to the Gold Coast next season despite signing a three-year deal with the Titans.

Peachey agreed to the contract with the Titans in March but on Wednesday he said he had instructed his manager, Sam Ayoub, that he wanted to stay with the Panthers.

The NSW representative said he did not want to relocate his young family and had recently bought a house in western Sydney.

Peachey will line up in the centres for the Panthers in Friday night's sudden-death semi-final against the Cronulla Sharks at Allianz Stadium.

"I love this club. They gave me this opportunity to play consistent first grade and I wouldn't have left if I didn't have to," he said.

"We just built in Penrith so my missus is really comfortable at our new place. I spoke to my manager and told him what I wanted to happen."

Peachey told Ayoub he didn't want to worry about the contract situation until the end of the season.

"I just want to worry about Penrith at the moment and we'll figure it all out. I told him I don't want to talk about it," he said.

"I have my full faith and trust in him making the right decision for me. Wherever I need to be, I'll be."

The recent announcement that Corey Harawira-Naera is leaving Penrith next year to link with Canterbury could help Penrith accommodate Peachey under their salary cap.

Peachey denied he wanted to back out of his Titans deal because he wanted representative bonuses added into his deal.

The Gold Coast Titans have declined to comment.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
Gotta wonder if Hook leaving had anything to do with his change of heart. Or if seeing Cartwright and Latu turn to shit at are building club has him concerned he would also.

Not sure what Panthers can offer Titans if he backflips. Although after giving them first crack at Latu, Cartwright and Rein perhaps they will be happy to 'lose out' on a big name who could be a dud

Timbo

Staff member
Probably shouldn't have bought a house 'recently' if he signed a contract to play for the GC half a year ago.

I hope the Titans hold him to this. This bullshit has to stop. There has to be some accountability and players have to made to understand that they are signing a legally binding document.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Bryce Cartwright was shit long before he went to the Titans.

Peachey, along with all the backflippers, needs to man the f**k up and honour his contract.

But at the same time the Titans should release him because you don't build successful clubs around whiny lil bitches.

AJB1102

First Grade
Hope Titans flog him over this. Obviously you don't make him see out the deal, but make it clear you can't f**karse around signing 3yr deals then backing out cause your missus likes the new house. Was he unaware that his new house and his new club would be so far apart until recently?

No surprises his agent is that grub Ayoub. Maybe he should have clued Tyrone in about the travel requirements of living in Penrith and playing on the GC.

Probably shouldn't have bought a house 'recently' if he signed a contract to play for the GC half a year ago.

I hope the Titans hold him to this. This bullshit has to stop. There has to be some accountability and players have to made to understand that they are signing a legally binding document.

Agreed. The "reasons" are pretty hard to swallow.

Breaking contract should have consequences to the Player and/or Agent. Eg "x"% of contract value owing to the club who's been shafted, or indeed deducted from the team that takes them back.

ByRd

First Grade
The NRL needs to make a stand on this.

1) If he doesn’t go Titans he must be on the salary cap for the same amount that he had signed for and panthers have to compensate the titans somehow.

2) Sit out for 12 months so players can learn a lesson on this cause it’s tiring as the titans had budgeted that money and stopped recruiting and now the market is dry.

It’s beyond a joke how it has become now, something needs to happen.

Quicksilver

Bench
This situation should be expected. Having a system where players sign a whole season in advance is asking for trouble.

TheFrog

Coach
1) If he doesn’t go Titans he must be on the salary cap for the same amount that he had signed for and panthers have to compensate the titans somehow.
You are assuming Panthers wish to and have room to keep him. Gus is a renowned bullshit artist but it was he who advised Peachey to look elsewhere and it was he who allowed him to be released. Suspect he may end up at a third club.

Backflip Hall of Fame. Others to add?

DCE2.jpg

a1b816292ef9e62c7059b22b41cb8112

a734d3a9393e66a2f0afba86d04d126a

cfda8376d74f5307947e9b2ad2031ac9

cb3242ada10c7592874cf587ca852d5f

Danish

Referee
The NRL should simply put their foot down and state they will not register any other contract for him. If and when peachey doesn’t report for duty, the NRL should then fund the titans legal fees in suing him.

If he panthers attempt to fund peahey’s legal fees, those get added into their 2019 salary cap - win or lose.

They sued SBW when he f**ked off the France and the dogs got I believe $700K out of him. Treat this exactly the same.

Leber

Bench
Make him play reserves for the Panthers for three years.

If he is so keen on staying, it won't be a problem for him now will it.

TheFrog

Coach
The NRL should simply put their foot down and state they will not register any other contract for him. If and when peachey doesn’t report for duty, the NRL should then fund the titans legal fees in suing him.
If Titans play hardball Peach will have no choice but to play for them. With Bryce and Latu they'll have a gun Q Cup side. But this very rarely happens. It's a case of whether Panthers want to retain him and cop the flak, or whether he goes to another Sydney club.

TheFrog

Coach
If he panthers attempt to fund peahey’s legal fees, those get added into their 2019 salary cap - win or lose.
Convinced the Panthers are behind this, aren't you. And on the eve of a final as well. All will be quietly resolved during the off-season.

Danish

Referee
Convinced the Panthers are behind this, aren't you. And on the eve of a final as well. All will be quietly resolved during the off-season.

Well he did apparently say he wants to stay at the panthers, so one assumes they’ve made some inquiries.

If he goes to another club they too can be stuck with his legal fees for being sued

TheFrog

Coach
Well he did apparently say he wants to stay at the panthers, so one assumes they’ve made some inquiries.

If he goes to another club they too can be stuck with his legal fees for being sued
Panthers released him because they needed cap space. Nothing has really changed in that regard. I think he'll go to the Titans.

Well if he doesn't go to the Titans and the Panthers can't afford to keep him, I'm sure the Roosters will find a spot for him on the bench.

They just released Ryan Matterson so they need a bench utility and they surely have the cap space.

Latest posts