What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL investigating property transaction between Eels prop Darcy Lussick and a company

Glenn

First Grade
So let me get this right.

One of the biggest games of the year so far, two of the biggest supporting clubs in the comp.
And instead of writing about the game and building it up to get as many to the game as possible.

The Daily Telegraph grubs chose again try everything they can to have people talking about anything but the game.

Well done grubs, you stay classy!

And Rothfield wonders why League is struggling, he doesn't have to look far for answers.:x

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore
So let me get this right.

One of the biggest games of the year so far, two of the biggest supporting clubs in the comp.
And instead of writing about the game and building it up to get as many to the game as possible.

The Daily Telegraph grubs chose again try everything they can to have people talking about anything but the game.

Well done grubs, you stay classy!

the DT hates League and Dave Smith and are all about writing as many negative articles as possible

News Ltd are scum especially the three grubs that wrote this article

Gronk

Staff member
Rothfield tabled his 50 ways to improve the NRL yesterday.

Like Priests offering advice on childcare or Rothmans on lung cancer.

Joely01

Bench
The club should put out a media release and shut the entire thing down.

Really? Do they need to go down to that level and respond to the gurbs?

I would rather focus on tonights game, and getting a good size crowd to the game.

Joely01

Bench
The amazing thing is why is anybody surprised by this???

They have been kicking RL in the guts for years, Chewbecca Wilson absolutely despises RL but for some strange reason she is a RL journo, Slothfield has he ever written a positive RL article??? Hooper,Massoud,Danny Weedler??? The list goes on, lazy with no morals and no real love for the game.

Not surprised.

But its a shame that one of the biggest games of the season has to be tarnished with this rubbish, because as we know a lot of people out there will pick up the paper today and believe what they read.

Jodeci

Bench
Really? Do they need to go down to that level and respond to the gurbs?

I would rather focus on tonights game, and getting a good size crowd to the game.

Purely to end any speculation

I couldnt care less at all, I just wanna be at ANZ when the gates open

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The Simpsons quote of 'Just don't look' has been working for me.

I give nothing to the Telecrap. No money from clicks and no money for their paper. It's only good for using on your butt...

Do you scrunch it up into the shape of a plug?

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...026010641?nk=56ecd61d3d9b3d00cfdf4fa0fa6c7353

NRL salary cap set to be quizzed about a link with family of corrupt ex-Labor MP Eddie Obeid

Josh Massoud, Rebecca Wilson & James Hooper
The Daily Telegraph
August 16, 2014 12:00AM

NRL salary cap auditors will travel to Parramatta next week to questions Eels officials about the club’s link with the family of corrupt ex-Labor MP Eddie Obeid.

As revealed by The Daily Telegraph on Thursday, Eels prop Darcy Lussick purchased a two-bedroom apartment from a company solely controlled by Obeid’s son, Gerard, in August last year.

It was bought for $30,000 less than what Obeid’s company paid just three months beforehand, with the difference claimed to constitute a valid Marquee Player Allowance (MPA) that was approved by the NRL.

The NRL is also interested in discussions between club officials and another Obeid boy, ardent Eels fan Eddie Jnr, in early 2011, when the Eels were trying to poach Chris Sandow from South Sydney.

Former officials were of the belief that Eddie Jnr would fund a Third Party Agreement (TPA) to help entice Sandow west.

Parramatta’s recruitment manager at the time, Peter Nolan, was known to the Obeid family through a mutual friend. Nolan also rented a high-level apartment in the same Top Ryde development that Lussick invested in.

New Eels recruits Lee Mossop and Corey Norman also rent in the building. Having joined the Eels from Brisbane in 2011, Nolan moved back to the Broncos midway through this season.

The Daily Telegraph has found no evidence to suggest Nolan, Mossop, or Norman’s leases are connected to the Obeid family.

However, the NRL’s salary cap team will be seeking answers when they arrive at Parramatta HQ for their half-yearly audit next week.

Integrity Unit boss Jim Doyle on Friday night said: “The salary cap auditors are scheduled to begin their half yearly audit with Parramatta next week and the allegations raised will form part of that audit. We are aware of the speculation and would expect these allegations be dealt with as part of the audit.”

these three scumbags are clutching at straws

It was bought for $30,000 less than what Obeid’s company paid just three months beforehand, with the difference claimed to constitute a valid Marquee Player Allowance (MPA) that was approved by the NRL.

So approved by the NRL, but because the DT make it a story of it the salary cap auditor investigates?

Chipmunk

Coach

I don't think I have seen a bigger load of crap in my life. It's a Daily Telegraph bonanza. The two reasons that The Daily Telegraph actually sells papers, the Parramatta Eels and Eddie Obeid, in the same article.

From the article, the only reason it is a news story is because a Parramatta player, has bought a property from the Obeid family,

My guess is that if they had bought it from someone else, like say, myself for instance, that there would be no story...

Can someone explain to me what anyone here has actually done wrong, besides buy a property from the Obeids?

El Diablo

Post Whore

So approved by the NRL, but because the DT make it a story of it the salary cap auditor investigates?

it's a pity these merkins didn't plough their car into a tree when they were on their way to harass the Mannah family

I don't think I have seen a bigger load of crap in my life. It's a Daily Telegraph bonanza. The two reasons that The Daily Telegraph actually sells papers, the Parramatta Eels and Eddie Obeid, in the same article.

From the article, the only reason it is a news story is because a Parramatta player, has bought a property from the Obeid family,

My guess is that if they had bought it from someone else, like say, myself for instance, that there would be no story...

Can someone explain to me what anyone here has actually done wrong, besides buy a property from the Obeids?

I was wondering that myself.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gee they really have nothing, typical nothing article from scum of the earth journos who never have done anything positive for the game they make their living off.

News limited an absolute blight on rugby league since 1995.

Nothing probably. But the insinuation is that he may purchased the property below market value, and if so that discount may be assessable for salary cap purposes. But...the player's manager suggests that the NRL were informed of the deal at the time. Obviously the NRL have some outstanding questions, but they may well just be in regard to trifling details. Or maybe the NRL knew about the purchase, but didn't know that the property had been initially purchased by the O'Beids for $30k more than they sold it to Lussick? We'll find out next week I guess.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I dont think Joshy and his so called friends know the marquee rules. It has nothing to do with the club, yet they repeatedly write that the NRL are investigating the Eels.