What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL issue Penrith breach notice over trainer incident

NRL breach notice to Panthers​

National Rugby League | September 21 2021 12:44PM

The National Rugby League (NRL) has issued the Penrith Panthers with a Breach Notice proposing the Club be fined $25,000 and the Club's Orange Trainer suspended from accessing the field of play and sideline for the remainder of the 2021 season after an alleged breach of the game's Operations Manual.

The Breach Notice alleges the Club's Orange Trainer stopped play incorrectly in the 76th minute of Saturday night's NRL Telstra Premiership Final against the Parramatta Eels.

The Manual makes it clear that a Head Trainer can only stop play after making an initial assessment that circumstances require a doctor to enter the field of play.

The NRL has also issued a warning to the Club's Blue Trainer for his role in the stoppage.

The club will be permitted to use an alternative staff member in the Orange trainer role for the remainder of the season to ensure the welfare of Panthers players.

The Panthers have 5 business days to respond to the Breach Notice. A provisional suspension applies until the Club's response has been received.

LINK: NRL breach notice to Panthers » League Unlimited

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Unfortunately your knowledge of rugby league is f**king dogshit
RM105_2.jpg

Bazal

Post Whore
Yeah fine and ban helps us...

I have no idea what would have happened BTW and I said in the matchday thread you can't dwell on hypotheticals.

My point is more that that the NRL could never be accused of being proactive, and 25k for an NRL club and banning the waterboy is hardly a deterrent to stop it happening again or any consolation to a side on the end of it...

forby

Juniors
Parramatta Angels!
and still the longest premiership drought goes on!

All the indignation from Paul Kent is getting boring! His Parramatta bias is shining through. Where are the comments about the cheating halfback who had to reach behind him to grab Burton to get a legitimate try disallowed. What about the worst fake crusher injury ever!

They crossed the line twice - once from a lucky bounce and once from a correctly called forward pass. Penrith crossed 5 times - one try, 2 legitimately disallowed, 1 that would have been awarded in any other game and one disallowed because of an offside cheating halfback who had to reach behind him to get the try disallowed.

The trainer might have been wrong, but he didn’t stop any tries, or cause Paulo to drop the ball. It really winging for the sake of finding an excuse. They should admit they got beaten on the night and get on with looking to next year.

Presumably because Fergo's crusher dive didn't happen at a crucial time in the game when the result was on the line. I'm not defending it, I hate that shit as much as the next person, Rugby League becoming like Soccer in those terms is my worst nightmare, but there is a clear difference in the severity of the indiscretion based on where the game was at when the incidents happened.

As for the interchanges, even if you take the two freebees you mentioned off the table, that still means Penrith conducted 13 interchanges on the night. That means 5 free HIA interchanges. 5, in one game which also happens to be an elimination final.

Don't insult our intelligence with that nonsense Frog. Your team was gaming the system, just as everyone else does granted, but your team took it to such an extreme on the weekend that it was frankly beyond the pale.

The one major difference between the Penrith trainer incident involving Kenny and the Blake Ferguson "miraculous recovery" from the crusher tackle? Ferguson's team had the ball at the time so it didn't stop the team with the ball's momentum. What Ferguson did was wrong, but what the trainer did was, in my opinion, worse.

blaza88z

Coach
It's funny how a select few smug fans are more outraged about this than the fans of the team they cheated against lol

I think if you held a gun to their head they'd tell you that there is a high probability Parramatta were about to score a try given the momentum they had generated in the play the ball and the way Penrith's line was set up in defense.

That's the only reason a select few are so aggressively defensive about it, in my view

Nealo 12

Bench
So the touchie didn’t know the rules , glad they went easy on him.
It could of been embarrassing.

soc123_au

Staff member
Presumably because Fergo's crusher dive didn't happen at a crucial time in the game when the result was on the line. I'm not defending it, I hate that shit as much as the next person, Rugby League becoming like Soccer in those terms is my worst nightmare, but there is a clear difference in the severity of the indiscretion based on where the game was at when the incidents happened.

As for the interchanges, even if you take the two freebees you mentioned off the table, that still means Penrith conducted 13 interchanges on the night. That means 5 free HIA interchanges. 5, in one game which also happens to be an elimination final.

Don't insult our intelligence with that nonsense Frog. Your team was gaming the system, just as everyone else does granted, but your team took it to such an extreme on the weekend that it was frankly beyond the pale.
The bolded part is what frustrates me about this whole storyline. Who gives a f**k what time of the game it happens? It shouldn't matter if it's the 1st, 20th or 80th minute, cheating is cheating. The bullshit tactics from all teams are either ok, or they aren't, when they occur shouldn't come into it.

forby

Juniors
I give up!
The Parramatta Angeels we’re 100% robbed and should be awarded the premiership!

The drought goes on! With no prospect of it breaking in the foreseeable future!

soc123_au

Staff member
I think if you held a gun to their head they'd tell you that there is a high probability Parramatta were about to score a try given the momentum they had generated in the play the ball and the way Penrith's line was set up in defense.

That's the only reason a select few are so aggressively defensive about it, in my view
Don't need the gun. They were a very good chance of scoring. Given how all the other good scoring chances went on the night from both sides, there is a fair chance they don't as well.

The aggressive defence from my point of view is that every team does it. I don't think we are anywhere near the worst as far as dodgy tactics go either. I'll exclude Parra fans from my next statement as they had skin in the game, but the carry on suggests that we are dirty cheating merkins and should be hung, drawn and quartered, and everyone else are innocent and wouldnt dream of doing the exact same thing in that situation.

Moses launched himself at Burton who was already through the line to get an obstruction penalty to stop a try, yet that is considered smart play. What's the difference apart from a one was a try and the other was a good chance of being one?

The_Frog

First Grade
All the indignation from Paul Kent is getting boring!
They'll get the money from poker machines, froths Kenty.

Unfortunately, poker machines at Panthers and everywhere else in greater Sydney have been silent for the best part of 3 months now, as they also were for a goodly chunk of 2020. Panthers licenced club is only open as a vaccination centre.

Bazal

Post Whore
Don't need the gun. They were a very good chance of scoring. Given how all the other good scoring chances went on the night from both sides, there is a fair chance they don't as well.

The aggressive defence from my point of view is that every team does it. I don't think we are anywhere near the worst as far as dodgy tactics go either. I'll exclude Parra fans from my next statement as they had skin in the game, but the carry on suggests that we are dirty cheating merkins and should be hung, drawn and quartered, and everyone else are innocent and wouldnt dream of doing the exact same thing in that situation.

Moses launched himself at Burton who was already through the line to get an obstruction penalty to stop a try, yet that is considered smart play. What's the difference apart from a one was a try and the other was a good chance of being one?

Except Burton ran a bad line and DID impede Moses. Outside shoulder, black and white.

After the farce we saw with the non-call on Dylan Brown the week before it's hardly a shock he or any other player in the NRL ensured the call after contact. Same as several players for both sides laying down because the refs are incompetent and miss high shots.

Does it suck? Yes. Hate it. Is it in the same realm as the trainer incident? Only for primary school imbeciles like that random sooky forby fella and senile ballsacks like GongPanther.

I just wish the NRL had come down on it earlier. Heaps of sides do it worse.

Latest posts