What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL issue Penrith breach notice over trainer incident

NRL breach notice to Panthers​

National Rugby League | September 21 2021 12:44PM

The National Rugby League (NRL) has issued the Penrith Panthers with a Breach Notice proposing the Club be fined $25,000 and the Club's Orange Trainer suspended from accessing the field of play and sideline for the remainder of the 2021 season after an alleged breach of the game's Operations Manual.

The Breach Notice alleges the Club's Orange Trainer stopped play incorrectly in the 76th minute of Saturday night's NRL Telstra Premiership Final against the Parramatta Eels.

The Manual makes it clear that a Head Trainer can only stop play after making an initial assessment that circumstances require a doctor to enter the field of play.

The NRL has also issued a warning to the Club's Blue Trainer for his role in the stoppage.

The club will be permitted to use an alternative staff member in the Orange trainer role for the remainder of the season to ensure the welfare of Panthers players.

The Panthers have 5 business days to respond to the Breach Notice. A provisional suspension applies until the Club's response has been received.

LINK: NRL breach notice to Panthers » League Unlimited

yobbo84

First Grade
Jarome Luai on his first half HIA scare:

"Nah, sort of blacked out quick in there, was sort of dizzy, but I sort of hit the switch and I was sweet."

That he was allowed back on, and that Cleary wasn't even pulled for a HIA, are very interesting given the huge concern they showed last week...

Munky

Coach

"Nah, sort of blacked out quick in there, was sort of dizzy, but I sort of hit the switch and I was sweet."

That he was allowed back on, and that Cleary wasn't even pulled for a HIA, are very interesting given the huge concern they showed last week...

Consistent with the game though.

Welch didn't even go off.

Diesel

Coach

They’re two points that I noticed during the game. Both were dazed, even for a few seconds. Even Welsh stayed on?! Regardless of what the players or trainers did, isn’t there a doctor at the game that reviews this type of thing? Didn’t sit well with me knowing what we know about concussions now

snickers007

Juniors
He did - 8 minutes later. That was ridiculous. That rule needs to be changed. You stop the play, the guy goes off to be assessed.

That's already the rule mate.

It's amazing, all week all we've heard about is the process for trainers stopping the match, and they go and get it wrong again.

Last week the NRL incorrectly absolved the refs from any responsibility in this regard.

I know I'm chasing a unicorn here, but surely if they are consistent in that approach, the Melbourne trainer should at least be given a warning for failing to take Welch off the field.

Or do they throw their golden boy Sutton to the wolves and say he didn't enforce the process?

Or do they just not mention it ever again, and sweep it under the rug? 1000% this is happening.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
That's already the rule mate.

It's amazing, all week all we've heard about is the process for trainers stopping the match, and they go and get it wrong again.

Last week the NRL incorrectly absolved the refs from any responsibility in this regard.

I know I'm chasing a unicorn here, but surely if they are consistent in that approach, the Melbourne trainer should at least be given a warning for failing to take Welch off the field.

Or do they throw their golden boy Sutton to the wolves and say he didn't enforce the process?

Or do they just not mention it ever again, and sweep it under the rug? 1000% this is happening.
Far out, then that's ridiculous. And 100% it's being swept.

The Cleary conversion was absolutely laughable too. Commentators picked up at the time, but the guys on the field didn't. And the ridiculous decision to not award a knock-on against Dylan Edwards in the second half. Even if you want to forensically state he didn't touch it with his hands, that's a knock on every day of the week when you go up for it and it goes through your chest.

Latest posts