What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Perceived Favouritism

Big Bloke

Juniors
Just a general question to you all.

So many times we read about fans who feel that the NRL are biased against their club - ours included!

But surely this can't be possible.

But then again, there is a perception that clubs like the Storm, Roosters and Broncos get a nice ride from the NRL and are clubs that seem to get the rub of the green more often than not.

So, what is the answer?

Is there favouritism to any club or is it just fantasy?

Eion

First Grade
Absolutely they have favourites.

They have the clubs that generate them the most money when they go for broadcast deals (eg brissy).

They have clubs with influential people involved that upper nrl echelons want to curry favour with (eg roosters).

Human nature. Kinda like the way clubs generally treat star players getting into trouble differently vs a grunt.

I feel it is short sighted. Take the broncos, they are shit, and we are subjected to watching them every week which may turn people off the game longer term. The Roosters situation angers me more. They have never had a huge supporter base, yet we see them get Anzac Day and Charity Shield high profile games. Why do you suppose that is?

Eion

First Grade
By the way, though it annoys me, I will say it’s mostly up to clubs to drag themselves up to the professional standards of the roosters to make themselves more attractive…rather than sitting in the corner hoping the hot chick asks them to dance.

PJ

First Grade
If you want proof that there is favourtism look at the situation with the womens RL.

Souths and Sharks worked hard to develop and promote the female version of the game in their areas so when it was time to have a womens NRL they put the Roosters and Dragons in, who then just take the Souths and Sharks players as theyve done sfa themselves to develop a squad.

Stake Removed

First Grade
FTA always a gripe, it helps with sponsors and when you don't get these games and on recent season results you should it is bias, but no one talks about they never do.
Or 5 day turnaround the Broncs never get any, always has been a bias always will, we have just never been given the bias.
Even in super league, we were not who they wanted in grand final

shadowboxer

First Grade
The fact we are in the Covid QLD bubble of Brisbane - with the dragoon and Tigers - says enough for me.
The rest live it up on the Sunshine or Gold Coast whilst we get the shaft at suckhole central. So instead of staring out the window at the Pacific Ocean, we get to look over over Wonka’s choco-river.
sweet

bluefox68

Staff member
The fact we are in the Covid QLD bubble of Brisbane - with the dragoon and Tigers - says enough for me.
The rest live it up on the Sunshine or Gold Coast whilst we get the shaft at suckhole central. So instead of staring out the window at the Pacific Ocean, we get to look over over Wonka’s choco-river.
sweet
What is funny is that that hotel is only a kilometre from where I’m living right now, but I will probably not see one of them.

Maybe de Belin and co at one of the locals, but that’ll be it…

Under a b-ar…

Stake Removed

First Grade
What is funny is that that hotel is only a kilometre from where I’m living right now, but I will probably not see one of them.

Maybe de Belin and co at one of the locals, but that’ll be it…

Under a b-ar…
Maybe we need to put a bbq on outside the hotel

sweet
"Wonkas Choco-River !" Hahaha ... CLASSIC!

Sharks still have traditional enemies in high places , as well as jealous clubs with noses out of joint, But money talks BS walks ,and a good financial plan , marketing plan , and football club plan can convert the unsure waverers who want to follow a winning club in the future. 2022 is going to be a revelation ...... Or a huge disappointment.