What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nrl plans for a 20 team comp

RedVee

First Grade
Overheard a bloke in a “Suns” jacket the other day talking up AFL (expected), and the possibility of NT getting a team.

I got a look of disdain and ignored when I threw a “Go the Dragons” in.

Trifili13

Juniors
Overheard a bloke in a “Suns” jacket the other day talking up AFL (expected), and the possibility of NT getting a team.

I got a look of disdain and ignored when I threw a “Go the Dragons” in.
As a fellow Dragons supporter, even most of our own supporters look at us in disdain

flippikat

First Grade
Surely a team in Canberra would be the better option.
Makes a lot of sense - if they're putting Tasmania in as team 19, they'll want something far more bank-able for team 20 to balance the risk of a small market in Tasmania. Which likely means Canberra or a 3rd WA club.

Perth is a bigger population but could eat into existing clubs, while although Canberra is smaller it means the Giants can focus on being solely a 2nd Sydney team.

flippikat

First Grade
20. . Chch
21. Brisbane 3
22. Adelaide
23. Wellington
24. Fiji

(Perth 18 png 19)

That should do it really
YES! That's the great scenario - and once we get to 24 teams, we can have an "everyone plays everyone once" fair schedule of 23 rounds, probably with a 5 or 6-week playoff system & maybe even clear window for origin/rep footy.

Latest posts