What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News NRL Plans to Fund Regional Academies

Perth Red

Post Whore
Spot on. Clubs need to invest in their own future. No one else will. Logical really.

Time to wakeup and smell the coffee. There are no free lunches ffs.

its a real mish mash in RL compared to other sports. It seems responsibility is all over the place, nrl clubs, league clubs, state organisations, nrl all have their fingers in a very messy grassroots pie.
NRL clubs responsibility should be taking the very best 16 year olds and turning them into nrl players through elite pathways,
Beyond that there needs to be clear responsibility for getting schools, kids, universities etc etc playing the game, at the moment there is no cohesive strategy or clear responsibility at all. I think Richardson actually started to put forward a path to sorting out the mess but the leagues clubs baulked at it.

siv

First Grade
Lets look at what Easts did on the CC

They setup the CC academy over at Bateau Bay

While EDSACC is across the road so is The Entrance LC. It has just made The Entrance stronger and had very little benefit to other CC clubs..It is making the big clubs stronger and killing off clubs without LC backing

jim_57

Staff member
If they're serious about expanding by 2 teams then addressing pathways is a big target area and this seems like an OK start.

The article does pose as many questions as it answers though. Why would Warriors or even Storm have to set up a regional academy in NSW or QLD? What about existing setups like Cowboys covering Cairns, Townsville & Mackay etc? Has the potential to create a lot of grey areas and disputes between clubs.

Also it's a start but shouldn't stop at NSW & QLD. Pathways for regional NZ, PNG, Fiji, NT, Victoria, Tonga, Samoa, maybe even SA & WA should be targetted as well in some way.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Your teams sucks because they are shit not because of rule changes
:joy: cute that you think this has anything to do with my team. We've been garbage for more seasons than these rule changes have been in place champ, absolutely zero to do with that.

Seems Panthers fans take high offence though, maybe because their team is currently benefiting from them?

Smug Panther

First Grade
:joy: cute that you think this has anything to do with my team. We've been garbage for more seasons than these rule changes have been in place champ, absolutely zero to do with that.

Seems Panthers fans take high offence though, maybe because their team is currently benefiting from them?
Yes we are the best side at this sport. Thank you

'Wrestle-a-thon' fmd. Just because the Tele said it was so, doesn't make it true.
Oh bugger off with your patronising crap champ

The game was being wrestled into oblivion and you know it. Your team sucks and you're too butthurt to see it and are grasping at straws to justify your denial. Keep making up false crowd and tv stats to fuel your confirmation bias

Timmah

Staff member
Oh bugger off with your patronising crap champ

The game was being wrestled into oblivion and you know it. Your team sucks and you're too butthurt to see it and are grasping at straws to justify your denial. Keep making up false crowd and tv stats to fuel your confirmation bias
I mean a simple read of my posts above will show you I know my team is shit and that it's nothing to do with the current rules - we've been crap for many years now. But go off, champ.

I mean a simple read of my posts above will show you I know my team is shit and that it's nothing to do with the current rules - we've been crap for many years now. But go off, champ.
You can keep saying that bud but you're as transparent as glass

You're also in the minority thinking the game is worse off under the current rules so maybe you should have a think how the team you support might be effecting your views of the game

Timmah

Staff member

You're also in the minority thinking the game is worse off under the current rules so maybe you should have a think how the team you support might be effecting your views of the game
I don't know how clear it needs to be for you - Canterbury have been a shit team since at least 2017-18, well before these rules became an issue. That's incredibly clear to see and bears no relevance on this discussion or my opinion of these rules :joy:.

I don't know how clear it needs to be for you - Canterbury have been a shit team since at least 2017-18, well before these rules became an issue. That's incredibly clear to see and bears no relevance on this discussion or my opinion of these rules :joy:.
It's clear you keep denying it however it's clearer that it's complete crap

Go back to whinging about jersey clashes and AFL umpires on twitter

Perth Red

Post Whore

It is Undeniable there are less close games and more blow outs this year so far. If that’s due to rule changes or lack of reserve grade is the only question remaining.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Is there really a kid shortage though? Teenage years are where country footy is falling through.

The issue is jobs etc out there but no harm improving the talent of those out there

My main point is why just invest in an elite path way. Just invest in kids playing the game, that's more important than any elite thingy

franklin2323

Immortal
My main point is why just invest in an elite path way. Just invest in kids playing the game, that's more important than any elite thingy

Kids don't have to juggle school, work and the risk of getting injury. Kids numbers are fine it is 14, 15 and 16 that is the age

franklin2323

Immortal
It is Undeniable there are less close games and more blow outs this year so far. If that’s due to rule changes or lack of reserve grade is the only question remaining.

Shorter off season, new coaches taking over. No reserve grade last year... there are several reasons why the blowouts

franklin2323

Immortal

Do you think the table would look different if it was International rules instead of NRL rules we have now?'

ESL still have blow outs with the old rules but they have the other factors NRL has too

Perth Red

Post Whore
Do you think the table would look different if it was International rules instead of NRL rules we have now?'

ESL still have blow outs with the old rules but they have the other factors NRL has too

the spread of talent in the esl is much much narrower

Latest posts