What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Players in the WWE

leaguelegend21

Juniors
Daniel Vidot, the former Raider/Dragon/Bronco/Titan is turning some heads at the WWE Performance Centre in the US.

He has been so impressive, he is set to debut in the WWEs development show NXT this year after only a years training.

Paul Levesque, known to fans as Triple H, and Vincent K. McMahon have been so enthralled by Vidot’s progress, that they have identified the NRL as a breeding ground for professional wrestling talent.

The WWE have poached many NFL and Soccer stars over the years, but stealing Australian Rugby League talent is unchartered territory.

What NRL players do we think would be suited for the WWE?

I think Jason Vaai Taumalolo would be a great Heavyweight Champion. Tevita Pangai has potential to also put on a five star match with his unique mix of power and athleticism. He reminds me of Brock Lesnar in this regard.

I could also imagine Matt Dufty as a cruiserweight champion, fueding with legends like Rey Mysterio and Chavito Guerrero.

Is the WWE a valid threat the NRL should fear?

sempmrh

Juniors
You’re implying Vince has any clue what’s going on down at the Performance Center.

WWE has enough talent warehoused that they don’t use now - they don’t need to be looking at rugby league players.

DeeJ

Bench
Well you need a big personality to be a wrestler, something the NRL & Australian society seems to actively discourage.

mozza91

Coach
Daniel Vidot already has a 0-1 record after he tried to hit Ben Rogers with a flying knee and got the shit punched out of him.

Canard

Immortal
The WWE is like watching the Sharks play, except there is less play acting and faking going on

TDD91

Juniors
Luke Menzies in NXT is a former Hull KR player.

Eorl Crabtree's uncle Shirley was a major wrestling star in the 70s as Big Daddy.

Pommy

Coach
How is wrestling still a thing? I would rather watch a cross code game of union and AFL.