What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 1 2021 - General Non-Warriors Thread

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Parra definitely have had a better pack than us recently, but a team with Tohu Harris, Ah Mau, Blair, Katoa as well as our massive wingers taking the first hit ups all the time means that we’ve never been a small team.

To be fair to Paps as well, I believe the culture at the Warriors would have contributed to his mindset here, it’s not like he was just a super lazy player from the get go

It is a bit of a slap in the face that he makes over 50% more meters in his first game then he EVER did here tho (in about 25 min less time too).

Big Marn

Juniors
Parra definitely have had a better pack than us recently, but a team with Tohu Harris, Ah Mau, Blair, Katoa as well as our massive wingers taking the first hit ups all the time means that we’ve never been a small team.

To be fair to Paps as well, I believe the culture at the Warriors would have contributed to his mindset here, it’s not like he was just a super lazy player from the get go

It is a bit of a slap in the face that he makes over 50% more meters in his first game then he EVER did here tho (in about 25 min less time too).
or maybe our strength and fitness team are shit. not the first time a warriors player has shone at a new team.

Blair

Coach
The Premiership-winning halves combo from 2011 might have a long season together in 2021.

Blair

Coach
34-4, it's getting a bit ugly, Beave.

You really are no good without your star fullback, ay?

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Wtf have the cowboys done to our Toddy?

Went up against the Panthers with 3 hookers. Cotter, Robson and Granville..

and played Taumololo hardly any minutes as well. it was weird
Apparently preserving JT for the whole of his contract. Doesn't want to burn him out to early in his contract.
Bit of an issue with a 10 year contract.
You need to be doing everything you can to win.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Also went in VERY hard on Taumalolo in the presser too. Interesting stuff.

Yeah...I thought that was weird. Todd is a straight shooter and we loved him for that. I don't think JT would love being targeted in a presser (nor would he be used to it) though. And trying to preserve a guy for the 10-year contract when as a coach, your only currency is wins right now? Ballsy. We'll see how that one plays out.

Big Marn

Juniors
i think you have your top 3 Storm, Panthers, Roosters, and the rest of the 8 will be determined by injuries, suspensions, ref decisions and bounce of the ball/dumbshit.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
34-4, it's getting a bit ugly, Beave.

You really are no good without your star fullback, ay?

Flat out weekend so I didn’t watch it and no hurry to watch a replay

Des can be a bit stubborn with changes so hopefully a big result might force his hand, Parker and Garrick shouldn’t be in the side and there are better options in Funa and Harper before Walker comes back into his centre spot. From what I understand Foran played well, but they have to get Schuster in there somehow, he is potentially a top 10 player in 5 years time. Cust trained at 9 all off season but picked up a thumb injury in the trial so they didn’t play him, he played reserves yesterday and scored 3 tries in a MOTM performance so he may come in next weekend

If Tom T comes back and Fainu gets the result in July they are immediately a different side entirely, but it’s a stretch to hold in for that long

JJ

Immortal
Brisbane finished last season dead last, Manly start this season dead last... am I dreaming? It’s lovely :blush:

Latest posts