What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 10 2021 - General Non-Warriors Thread

It was just a poor read from the defender moving into the attacker, the defender didn’t blow up about it at all coz he knew he cocked up
Screen shots below, Tommy comes from inside lead runners shoulder as the ball is past. Defender doesn't appear to tackle but bracing (1st shot he ball watching). Winger has to come in to get Tommy (ball carrier).
Defender will be trained to go to ground now this missed.
Screenshot_20210515-140003_Kayo Sports.jpg Screenshot_20210515-140229_Kayo Sports.jpg Screenshot_20210515-140249_Kayo Sports.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210515-140013_Kayo Sports.jpg
    Screenshot_20210515-140013_Kayo Sports.jpg
    820.1 KB · Views: 1

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Screen shots below, Tommy comes from inside lead runners shoulder as the ball is past. Defender doesn't appear to tackle but bracing (1st shot he ball watching). Winger has to come in to get Tommy (ball carrier).
Defender will be trained to go to ground now this missed.
View attachment 48486 View attachment 48487 View attachment 48488

It’s where you receive the ball mate, in that footage he is a long way outside when he takes possession of the ball, and the defender isn’t impeded on his outside shoulder, his decision is to stick on that runner rather than moving wide, the problem which sees them called back comes on the outside shoulder stopping the player from moving across

It is a lot of moving parts you have to get the timing 100% correct on, I think that’s where Tom is so deadly, he gets those right so often with split second timing, especially off Jake

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I can take penalty and report, but not sin bin.

Yeah I agree, but on the edict sent out this week I’m ok if that sort of poor technique is the benchmark. It is going to get dangerous though when the bunker and ref are trying to determine force which is what they were doing, Sutton said straight away “I have a forceful impact”. Quite a few others in the game didn’t have anything behind them so they didn’t head off

It’s where you receive the ball mate, in that footage he is a long way outside when he takes possession of the ball, and the defender isn’t impeded on his outside shoulder, his decision is to stick on that runner rather than moving wide, the problem which sees them called back comes on the outside shoulder stopping the player from moving across

It is a lot of moving parts you have to get the timing 100% correct on, I think that’s where Tom is so deadly, he gets those right so often with split second timing, especially off Jake
My bad, thought it was when the ball was passed, not received.
Tom is deadly!!!

JJ

Immortal
What the f**k has happened to Canberra? Seriously, they are in trouble

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I’m happy if that Papalii send off is the standard. They were lucky not to lose more players, Hodgson’s chicken wing was terrible and Scott lashing out wasn’t dumb

Wow, what an implosion though from the dogs, 13 on 11 and they kick the ball too far for a 7 tackle set then dumb penalty after dumb penalty. Barrett can’t blame the young kid this week

Blair

Coach
43,000 in the stadium today. That's a success for sure.

The Sharks look to have the momentum, despite being 20-12 down.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I’ve had a feeling the Cows form has been a bit false and it’s looking that way tonight

Amazing what the Roosters still produce with plenty out

Blair

Coach
I’ve had a feeling the Cows form has been a bit false and it’s looking that way tonight

It was live on Channel Nine, bugger. I didn't know. 30-16 in the end.

Manly look to be heading in the right direction, so I'm looking forward to seeing how they go against the Roosters.

When I went past Brookie today, Beave, I thought of you. The whole stadium never changes! Including the rustic northern gate and turnstiles, along with the iconic main entrance from the south. There's also that side gate too, on the southeastern corner. I hope the whole joint never gets demolished, but it probably will one day.

Izz

Bench

Cows were well in it until Burr got binned. Don't think they would've won but it would've been a fight until the final whistle imo

Big Marn

Juniors
Cows were well in it until Burr got binned. Don't think they would've won but it would've been a fight until the final whistle imo
Unlucky. Just before the moment of impact, you can see Tedesco clearly lowering his position by bending his knees. Unfortunately, Burr hit him around the temple so even if you account for the change of position,it was still going to be high.
But if he had hit him in the neck area , i reckon its only a penalty because the ballcarrier made himself smaller at the moment of impact. There has to be some onus of responsibility with Tedesco too.

JJ

Immortal
Magic round is Joke round... can’t be bothered with the rest of it

Izz

Bench
Unlucky. Just before the moment of impact, you can see Tedesco clearly lowering his position by bending his knees. Unfortunately, Burr hit him around the temple so even if you account for the change of position,it was still going to be high.
But if he had hit him in the neck area , i reckon its only a penalty because the ballcarrier made himself smaller at the moment of impact. There has to be some onus of responsibility with Tedesco too.
Tedesco had a knee on the ground. Hard to hit him anything but high