What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 11 2021 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
The post-Magic round, it's gotta be a let-down?

A Hopoate is in trouble again! (source: https://au.sports.yahoo.com/nrl-2021-jamil-hopoate-arrested-155-million-cocaine-bust-231758837.html).

NRL Administrators must love the distraction of footy sometimes! Tonight kicks-off with the Cowboys at home to the Knights, the latter have been playing without Ponga, which might explain their average form.

The Warriors v Tigers should be a high scoring game, with both sides desperate not to lose. The Sharks and Dragons are the main Friday game. Cronulla have plenty of international players, they should be doing so much better.

Super Saturday and it's the pretty good Titans against the hapless Dogs, the Roosters will be too tough for an away from home Brisbane and the Papali'i-less Raiders might be wiped-out by what is probably the best attacking side the Storm have ever had.

Sunday sees Souths take on Penrith. The Rabbs clock-off during games, which is seriously affecting their results, they want to stop that trend before they meet the Panthers. Logic suggests Penrith will drop a game soon though. Souths may get lucky.

The round closes out with a ripper, Parra host Manly. Who wouldn't look forward to that?

Enjoy.

Blair

Coach
The Knights backline tonight would be one of the most mediocre in the NRL era

I think the NRL are dreaming if they think they can expand the competition. There just doesn't seem to be enough elite talent to spread around. Watching tonight's game is like watching the second-tier.

Blair

Coach
Burr not learning, this week he at least got him straight in the nose
Cowboys down to 11 for 4 mins

I'm glad he's not playing for us anymore. It's the last thing we need, to be playing with 12 men. Or even 11, like the Cowboys tonight.

We're perfectly capable of having mental fades, and points piled against us, with 13, thank you very much.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Are we playing Newcastle soon? They’re bloody terrible and if it wasn’t for sin bins theyd’ve got absolutely drubbed in that.

fingers crossed JT2 Feldt and Burr get rubbed out for a week at least, will help our cause and tip the balance in our favour in that one I think. I don’t recall what Feldt is up for but the other two were clear head highs so I’m assuming will be early guilty pleas. Does anyone know if there’s a way of checking whether players have carryover points? If either has 25+ carryovers they’re gone for a week minimum even with an early plea and I could see Lolo getting a grade 2 charge given he got his man flush on the nose and drew some claret.

Last edited:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
How will the Broncos fans be feeling tomorrow night when they watch Albert Kelly and Tyson Gamble run out in the halves, while Sam Walker runs amok against them and watching Reece Walsh do the business tonight

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Sharks v Dragons has been woeful, absolute cripple fight. Sadly it’s close so I’m still sitting here watching it lol

Blair

Coach
Sharks v Dragons has been woeful, absolute cripple fight. Sadly it’s close so I’m still sitting here watching it lol

I tuned in for a bit of SJ but he wasn't there. I was looking forward to seeing how he'd respond to the Ennis criticism. We know he really responds well to criticism.

Blair

Coach
Nothing wrong with a well matched cripple fight... tbh Tigers and us was one too

The Broncos are in a shock lead over the Roosters at halftime. Up 10-0, then down, 14-10, but an intercept and a length of the field try, made it 16-14.

We know they won't be ahead at fulltime though.

Blair

Coach
A Rooster - Radley - in the bin for the second time! Some players are really struggling with this new tackling rule. They've got to just start aiming low and staying there.