What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 11 2021 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
I feel fortunate to have watched the likes of Carroll, Morley, Wiki, Matai etc, they wouldn’t have survived this new game we are watching

Just to clarify, the new rules only apply to the defender? What I mean is, an attacker can still aim high with a shoulder-charge, which could make contact with the defender's head?

Bob Fulton was a rock during the whole 'Super League War'. I always remember Manly being the flag-bearers for the ARL.

A moment's silence right now for Bozo...glad I caught it live.

JJ

Immortal
Didn’t catch it, but we’re Penrith as good as the score?

only question now is whether the Eels can hang with them and Melbourne?

Scott

Bench
If Tom stays fit I genuinely believe they can win the competition. Since Andrew Johns, I’ve never seen a player have the influence on him team & more importantly his team mates. He makes Garrick & Parker look like stars. He is so good to watch.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Didn’t catch it, but we’re Penrith as good as the score?

only question now is whether the Eels can hang with them and Melbourne?

Unbelievable mate, Cleary is in form that is rarely seen, never thought I’d say it, but another 10-12 years left in him and I may be mentioning him in the same breath as Andrew Johns

Blair

Coach
The Manly chant is going up! From a small pocket of fans.

Edit, now the Manly fans are dishing out the 'hey, hey, hey, goodbye!' chant to early departing home fans. This has been an excellent performance by the Sea Eagles. They really bumped Parra off their game, rushed passes, leading to mistskes, all that stuff.

Last edited:

Benek

Juniors
Manly really looking the goods. Such a spirited, team performance. Not just the stars but so many other players with heroic performances. As others have said, it’s almost unbelievable the difference Turbo makes. Turned a bottom 4 team into top 4 contenders.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Wow, that was a hell of a performance today !! The most physical game of NRL I have seen all year, first 5 mins was finals contact and intensity. And with half our pack not available I though we got over the top of what is regarded the best in the comp, Keppie hammered Brown all day then Saddler in his 2nd game calls out Brown and then smashes him, Haven’t seen many performances I’m prouder of than that one with what went on today

Looking forward, still Foran, Aloaia, Sironen, Walker to come back in. The huge one though is happening at the end of July, the Fainu court case. If he becomes available he is a game changer and a potential top 3 hooker

Schuster, Olakau’atu, Keppie, Harper, Saab all very young and Tom still only 25, there are 3-4 very good kids about to pop up in the near future too

Rumours of Dessie’s demise are greatly exaggerated

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Manly really looking the goods. Such a spirited, team performance. Not just the stars but so many other players with heroic performances. As others have said, it’s almost unbelievable the difference Turbo makes. Turned a bottom 4 team into top 4 contenders.

Brad Parker is probably the least talented player in the NRL, but shit he puts in everything he has got. Guys like him, Harper, Keppie, Sipley, Croker are all playing above themselves

JJ

Immortal
Just saw that Bozo has passed away. An icon, absolute legend of league in every respect...:slight_frown:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Just saw the halftime tribute on Fox. He’s been battling cancer so I’d imagine any of the players who were close to him wouldn’t be surprised by the news. I reckon Manly will put in a big one for him today.

Called it. Well done Manly, did Bozo proud.I’d rate Manly #3 in the comp at this point. Only Penrith and Melbourne above them and they’re well above everyone.

Blair

Coach
Rd 11 Ladder:

upload_2021-5-23_21-53-41.png

Hmmm, we're middling around, even after winning this weekend. If we win again next weekend then we could stay in the same spot! That's a worry.

Panthers and Storm doing every one a favour by thrashing everyone!

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Just to clarify, the new rules only apply to the defender? What I mean is, an attacker can still aim high with a shoulder-charge, which could make contact with the defender's head?
I don’t think there’s ever been any obligation for an attacker to avoid head high contact, it’s the defenders job the aim their tackles below the shoulder. The only exception to that that I’m aware of is raising the knees or hands/elbows.