What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 12 2020 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Where are we, halfway into the season? Over halfway? I've lost track in this novel NRL year.

Either way it might be time for our resident Dr Death to report in on the finals hopes of more than a few teams. Let's start with rock bottom, the Dogs. They'd have to be mathematically gone, surely?

Covid-19 is raising its stubborn crown again this week, with a new border closure between Greater Sydney and Qld. Word is that it won't affect the current arrangements for Sydney-based sides to play up there.

Tonight goes off again, Drags v Rabbs. It's must win time. The Rabbs in particular must be feeling tense, as they're currently tenth. There's one 'master coach' who needs to earn his money.

Tigers v Warriors, I hope they play some jungle-ball tomorrow night. Why not? All things being equal you'd think Wests would want it more, and are stronger on paper.

Friday night Shark fright in Brisbane? If so, can Seibold hold on to his job? Or will he be the fourth coach to go, in this funny season? For the Sharks Johnson's hit a purple patch. There's no doubt about that.

Saturday sees Roosters v Titans. We'd all want an upset, not quite as bad as last week though, when the Warriors came close.

Cows v Raiders. Is the trajectory up and up for Sticky's '17 blokes hurting in the sheds'?

Sea Eagles v Panthers. Match of the round.

Bulldogs v Eels. Old Sydney town tussle. Opposite ends of the table.

Storm close off the round at 'home' to the Knights. We'll see how good the latter can match up in a potential final.

Payback for last week with Frizzel try by bunker. You can force the ball on the ground with your forearm, but need to bring it to ground with your hand/s.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
It’s just terrible this officiating

Cook was scoring for all money in the first half, called back for the winger going out, he didn’t touch the line while in possession

No words for the Frizzell one, it never looks like a try and he comes up with some wrist bullshit

Graham Annesley must spent all weekend in the foetal position knowing he has to explain these clowns

Blair

Coach
Payback for last week with Frizzel try by bunker. You can force the ball on the ground with your forearm, but need to bring it to ground with your hand/s.

Was that a great game? I missed it but the scoreline looks entertaining. Poor Dragons, they've been really close over the last few weeks. They can't afford to drop those points.

Was that a great game? I missed it but the scoreline looks entertaining. Poor Dragons, they've been really close over the last few weeks. They can't afford to drop those points.
It was ok, entertaining, but not great, Bunnies looked horrible early esp Mitchell , then basically Johnston intercepts x 2 won them the game.

Cook was scoring for all money in the first half, called back for the winger going out, he didn’t touch the line while in possession

No words for the Frizzell one, it never looks like a try and he comes up with some wrist bullshit

Graham Annesley must spent all weekend in the foetal position knowing he has to explain these clowns

Bad call on Johnston going out, but felt Dufty (?) stopped on seeing flag making Cook look a certainty (probably would have anyway).

Yes Annesley must wonder what is going to happen next.

Meth

Staff member

meh, I didn’t think the refs were that bad. The Cook no-try was unfortunate. The touch judge made a call on suspicion. It was close. In hindsight, he should have let it go and the Bunker could have looked at it

Meth

Staff member

yeah, certainly on the better, more entertaining end of the continuum

Meth

Staff member
Bad call on Johnston going out, but felt Dufty (?) stopped on seeing flag making Cook look a certainty (probably would have anyway).

Yes Annesley must wonder what is going to happen next.

yeah as soon as the flag went up, the play was off. Usually at least. Can think of a few notable exceptions

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
meh, I didn’t think the refs were that bad. The Cook no-try was unfortunate. The touch judge made a call on suspicion. It was close. In hindsight, he should have let it go and the Bunker could have looked at it

General play wasn’t too bad, it’s the key point scoring calls that stand out and unfortunately there were a couple last night where they let themselves down, at least the live action ones you can live with

Blair

Coach
Lols @ Broncos. Fell in a hole Again

It looked like Staggs would inspire them to an upset win, and Johnson was flat at that point.

Then, in the last quarter, SJ led them to a fine win. He's showing real leadership at the moment.

I also did a huge LOL when the Sharks took the lead near the end. Boyd did talk in the in-goal, but no one was listening! You guys must watch it. It's real belly laugh stuff!

I felt sorry for the Broncos though. I'm not being some hard bastard.

Last edited:

Campion

Juniors
I remember Darius Boyd staying down after getting a flick to the face in the first half. Dunno if i'd be listening to a guy who does that :p

TheDMC

Bench
I also did a huge LOL when the Sharks took the lead near the end. Boyd did talk in the in-goal, but no one was listening! You guys must watch it. It's a real belly laugh stuff!

I felt sorry for the Broncos though. I'm not being some hard bastard.

When Boyd was berking away, I was watching Luke. Dude looked like he was resigned to playing for a team even worse than the warriors.

Big Marn

Juniors
Titans not getting the rub of the green in this game. Perenara being his special self today. Favourites arent supposed to lose in his mind. First he rubs out a try by letting the bunker do their madness.
Then he doesnt put Tedesco in the bin for 10mins for a professional foul. What does it matter that the Titans scored. It should still be a sinbin. To make matters worse (self inflicted) the titans miss the easy conversion when a penalty try would have been straight out in front. If it was going to be a penalty try, (which Perenara said it would be) make it a penalty try so they get the best chance of 6 points. Rules are stupid.
Now hes gone and put a titans player in the bin for 10mins at the other end for a professional foul.
Perenara is looking completely flustered.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Titans not getting the rub of the green in this game. Perenara being his special self today. Favourites arent supposed to lose in his mind. First he rubs out a try by letting the bunker do their madness.
Then he doesnt put Tedesco in the bin for 10mins for a professional foul. What does it matter that the Titans scored. It should still be a sinbin. To make matters worse (self inflicted) the titans miss the easy conversion when a penalty try would have been straight out in front. If it was going to be a penalty try, (which Perenara said it would be) make it a penalty try so they get the best chance of 6 points. Rules are stupid.
Now hes gone and put a titans player in the bin for 10mins at the other end for a professional foul.
Perenara is looking completely flustered.

He certainly doesn't have a solid reputation as a referee.

So the Roosters just edge past the lowly Titans, like they did with us last week. It's not looking all that rosy in Bondi. Maybe they need Sonny-Bill after all.

This competition needs upsets, this year more than ever. What a shame the Warrior and Titans didn't grab a scalp or two here.

JJ

Immortal
f**k me Penrith look good atm, towelling Manly in the first half 22-0 just dominating

Latest posts