What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 12 2021 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
A Victorian Covid scare, bugger.

As it is, are the Storm in Brisbane for tonight's game already? Let's hope so, as the Qld border can close any minute.

Friday, it's the middling Cows v the middling Warriors. A vital two points for both sides. NQ have JT out, I believe, which should tip favouritism the Warriors way. Tigers v Dragons is the main game.

Saturday sees Penrith and the Dogs in a mismatch, Rabbs v Eels in a beauty, and the injury/judiciary shanked Roosters against the bafflingly bad Raiders.

Sunday and a restless SJ is on the market! Expect a blinder v the Titans. The round closes out with the joustless Knights and the premiership-contending Sea Eagles.

Enjoy.

Blair

Coach
So with Melbourne 'locked-down' for seven days do the Storm go home or stay in Qld? They host the Titans next weekend.

There's also Origin 1, scheduled for next Wednesday, at the MCG.

People are paid good money to fix these problems!

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
So with Melbourne 'locked-down' for seven days do the Storm go home or stay in Qld? They host the Titans next weekend.

There's also Origin 1, scheduled for next Wednesday, at the MCG.

People are paid good money to fix these problems!

Pretty sure they’ve been based on the Sunshine Coast since magic round

Scott

Bench
A pretty un-inspiring round of football this weekend. Be interesting to see if we get another 20 odd charges again or if it settles down.

JJ

Immortal
Jack De Belin has had the charges against him dropped

The no fault stand down rule is a farce
interesting, I see some drawing parallels with Brett Stewart, TBH I don't see them... and big differences between innocent and not guilty, let alone two hung juries...

No idea, but I wouldn't suggest this is a redemption...

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
interesting, I see some drawing parallels with Brett Stewart, TBH I don't see them... and big differences between innocent and not guilty, let alone two hung juries...

No idea, but I wouldn't suggest this is a redemption...

Yeah slightly different in that De Belin was up to no good being a mongrel to his pregnant mrs, not against the law but a dog act nonetheless. Stewart had zero interaction with the fraudster that was after him

For me though it always has to be innocent til proven guilty, when you consider the length of a league career and the amount of time a trial can take, guys can lose 20% of their career

Michael Crockett was another one, an alllegation he wasn’t guilty of basically cost him his career

Reactions: JJ

SmashEmBro

Juniors
I would swap several of our players for Brandon Smith in a heartbeat.

Let’s just hope that as soon as Harry comes back he slots straight into the 9 position, showing Smith that he’ll never be number one there and has to go somewhere else.

We’ve got the makings of a pretty good team in the next few years, I hope we can get one or two more really solid signings that makes Smith consider us

Let’s just hope that as soon as Harry comes back he slots straight into the 9 position, showing Smith that he’ll never be number one there and has to go somewhere else.

We’ve got the makings of a pretty good team in the next few years, I hope we can get one or two more really solid signings that makes Smith consider us
We have some RTS cash lying around.
Need to airmark some for Walsh when contract is up.

Blair

Coach
Word going round that Turbo 3.0 will be pulled out of the garage tomorrow

It does seem to be the year of the eighteen year olds, so go for it. You may as well inform us now if there's a mark 4.0 to come out in the future too, as we'd find out soon enough anyway.

Three brothers in first grade? When was the last time that happened?