What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 12 2021 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Yeah they got 4 Burgess lads on the park one night

Ben is a centre/backrower, similar build to Tom rather than Jake. Hasn’t already formed a good combo with Schuster coming through

Long term and depending on the court case, could have 3 Fainu’s as well, Manase obviously, Sione is an 18yo front rower who would have already debuted if not for injury, and Latu just won every award possible at 5/8 in the undefeated under 17s premiership win

Here is the obligatory YouTube video of Turbo 3.0

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
It does seem to be the year of the eighteen year olds, so go for it. You may as well inform us now if there's a mark 4.0 to come out in the future too, as we'd find out soon enough anyway.

Three brothers in first grade? When was the last time that happened?

Not sure if there is a 4.0, but the club should be employing the old man and putting him out to sire around the northern beaches

Blair

Coach
I was walking past Penrith Stadium earlier today and said to a Panthers fan, 'do you remember what it's like to lose?'

Also, there was a sprinkling of Bulldogs fans, including a couple of families with young children. I said nothing. What can you say? I just hope those young kids don't lose interest.

Blair

Coach
Those little Bulldogs fans will be waving their flags now, the Dogs scored, in the 78th minute. Although, let's hope mum and dad stayed till the end.

Penrith's clinical run continues. The Storm and them are heading for some confrontation!

Benek

Juniors
Nicholls has done more work for the bunnies in the first ten minutes than most of our props do in a game. We need our big guys to put their hands up for efforts like this.

6 runs for 62m in 12 mins before going off for HIA. Would have had 100 by halftime if not for the head knock.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Parra got absolutely demolished on the right again tonight, was 11-0 in the linebreaks at one point, the wheels are coming loose but they have a friendly draw coming up

The Raiders have been abysmal, some serious problems at that joint. Roosters going point a minute from 30 onwards

Blair

Coach
The Raiders are one from eight, which includes a late win over the Dogs. I heard Nichol-Klokstad had neck surgery last night and is likely to be gone for the season. So Canberra look done this year too.

That's a shame because, when they're good, they really add another dimension to the competition. It's interesting when they challenge Melbourne, the Roosters, etc.

My tragic Eels mate (I know a few, actually) will be beside himself. Every year they think 'this is it', then this happens.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Titans getting an absolute bath from the Sharks, they must be even more frustrating to support than us. Good result for us though, will push us back up to 9th on for and against.

Blair

Coach
We need an NRL game in NZ this season. The Phoenix played at Eden Park today, against Perth. As mentioned, they played in the Cake Tin a fortnight ago, against Melbourne.

The A-League Administrators are on the ball. How much ground has league lost to union over the past year?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
We need an NRL game in NZ this season. The Phoenix played at Eden Park today, against Perth. As mentioned, they played in the Cake Tin a fortnight ago, against Melbourne.

The A-League Administrators are on the ball. How much ground has league lost to union over the past year?

honestly I kinda feel like the NRL are just patting themselves on the back about keeping the comp running, largely through the efforts and sacrifices of our club, and probably hardly considering what’s happening (or not) in NZ.
I think our club deserves a rescue/compensation package over the next few seasons for what we’ve done during COVID. My suggestion would be this:

Over the next four seasons, every other club in the NRL should be required to play half of their home games against the Warriors at a neutral venue in NZ. This would give us a full suite of home games at Mt Smart plus an additional 6-7 games at venues where we have a travel advantage, and a great opportunity to promote the game in NZ.
Play a game each year in Wellington and Christchurch, and share the rest around Whangarei, Tauranga, Rotorua, Hamilton, Taupo, Napier, Palmy, New Plymouth, Nelson, Greymouth, Dunedin and Queenstown. Would be a great showcase for NZ and the NRL.

Blair

Coach
Goddamn Saab has got some wheels on him

I was just about to say that I didn't think Newcastle had any points in them and -nek minnit - they're leading at the break.

I hope they win. Sorry Beave but I'm getting a bit sick of Manly's momentum!

JJ

Immortal
Top two, then a gap, next three then an immense crater... what’s gone wrong with so many teams?

Manly might mean the three above is four, but they are fragile, or Tom is

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Gold Coast did us a massive favour v the Sharkies, moved up a spot and are still in touch with 7/8 as opposed to being a game behind

Blair

Coach
Top two, then a gap, next three then an immense crater... what’s gone wrong with so many teams?

Watching the Knights last tackle options was abysmal. With 13 players on 12 they kicked high to Manly's right corner, where the two tallest players on the field, Saab and Tom T, took them easily.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

honstly we’re still a good chance for the eight given what’s immediately above and below us, but practically zero chance of anything bar 7th or 8th. A d I’d say a week 1 exit, but the teams from 3-6 can really stink it up on their days as well. You’d be brave to bet on anyone bar Penrith and Melbourne right now.

Blair

Coach
After our loss on Friday night I was dreading looking at the ladder at the end of the round but, with the Sharks thrashing the Titans and the Knights upsetting Manly, it really isn't too bad!

Rd 12 Ladder:

upload_2021-5-30_19-16-54.png

Plus, we're guaranteed to be on 12 points next week.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
That was hilarious from Cummins today, 2 in the bin, penalty count 10-1 Newcastle (the 1 with 10 seconds remaining) and set restarts 3-1 Newcastle. Frizzell on report for a shoulder to the head of Taupau but no penalty. Final 15mins of the game every time we got the ball play was stopped, once so Frizzell could limp off the field after stopping play for 3mins a couple of tackles earlier for the same injury

Not overly concerned with the loss tbh, that was the 5th choice 5/8 today in Funa (Foran, Schuster, Cust, Walker) and with Saddler fracturing his face during the match I think we were actually out of forwards (Olakau’atu, Sironen, Davey. Gosewiski, Fainu, Aloaia)

Hopefully get a smattering of troops back after the bye although we have the dud hand of backing up on the Friday after origin