What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 12 2021 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Saddler off to hospital with a fractured skull

Hasler’s wallet will be $10,000 lighter tomorrow, he had a fair crack at Cummins in the press conference

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
Every year we think it’s the worst ever for officiating... pretty good case this year

The annual toughen up on something random directives are flat out embarrassing

jaseg

Juniors
Every year we think it’s the worst ever for officiating... pretty good case this year

The annual toughen up on something random directives are flat out embarrassing

Yeah - it's a shocker, though not really their fault either, at least to a not insignificant degree). Refs are being put in this position by incompetent administration I'm afraid.

If you change something, make it clear in the off/pre-season so officials & teams can prepare for adjustments. This mid season drastic change shit is just putting everyone in a bad position and is so f**king frustrating to watch (I can only imagine how frustrating it would be for the players).

Good administrators would plan ahead with foresight and have a coherent strategy with changes, and communicate this effectively to all stakeholders (players, coaches, officials, media, fans). The NRL doesn't seem capable of this.

Reactions: JJ

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Yeah - it's a shocker, though not really their fault either, at least to a not insignificant degree). Refs are being put in this position by incompetent administration I'm afraid.

If you change something, make it clear in the off/pre-season so officials & teams can prepare for adjustments. This mid season drastic change shit is just putting everyone in a bad position and is so f**king frustrating to watch (I can only imagine how frustrating it would be for the players).

Good administrators would plan ahead with foresight and have a coherent strategy with changes, and communicate this effectively to all stakeholders (players, coaches, officials, media, fans). The NRL doesn't seem capable of this.

It's f**king infuriating. My current employer does the same, it's the most disempowering thing to have rules, procedures, ways of doing things constantly changed and adjusted on the fly, without any foresight or clear reason as to why they're doing it. And then things get binned without any effort to give them a fair crack.

Blair

Coach
I was interested to hear Osaka has now withdrawn from the French Open over her stance on mandatory post-game press conferences.

This could have a ripple effect across the sporting world. The NRL coaches and captains have to do them too, don't they?

I was interested to hear Osaka has now withdrawn from the French Open over her stance on mandatory post-game press conferences.

This could have a ripple effect across the sporting world. The NRL coaches and captains have to do them too, don't they?
Havent seen captains in a while (since Covid), there must be some form of obligation, but not sure many coaches would pull out the mental health card. Ricky wouldn't show up after a loss if he had his way.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

I remember Darius Boyd copping some stick but also some support for basically being honest about the fact that he hated the post match media stuff a few years back.

Blair

Coach
I remember Darius Boyd copping some stick but also some support for basically being honest about the fact that he hated the post match media stuff a few years back.

I kind of hate them too. No, I'm indifferent to them. I never watch them. However, they're important for the media and I do hear and see grabs and sound-bites.

How much are the NRL ones a waste of time with the threat of hefty fines for speaking out against things like refereeing? Quite a lot, I reckon.

Latest posts