What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 14 2022 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Origin is a strange time for club footy, it really seems to take a backseat to the 'greatest show on Earth', which isn't right. However, we have a full round of games, so let's go.

Three coaches have now gone and we're just over the hump! Also, any club never has so many engaged fans as when they win a premiership...or sack a coach during the season and threaten for the 'spoon!

The middle-ground is when fans drop off, like Manly or Souths. No kidding, the Bulldogs, Warriors, Tigers, and Titans forums are alight, ditto Panthers. Everyone wants their say, at both ends of the ladder.

Tonight, the Cowboys have some players backing up from that brutal Origin I but should continue their impressive run v St George.

Saturday, Titans v Rabbitohs, the battle of the two 'forty minute' teams! Roosters v Storm, more battered bodies, and Broncos v Raiders likewise. That throws those last two games wide open.

Sunday, the Tigers will want a post-coach bounce against a Manly side coming off that big win over the abysmal Wariorrs. The Knights could (but won't) take advantage of the Origin-hammered Panthers, and then it's...STACEY! (that's for Mr Angry). A Warriors legend finally in charge and it's the poor, hapless Sharks who will suffer.

Monday, a holiday in NSW, hence the Sydney derby, Bulldogs v Eels.

Enjoy!

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Gee Kaufusi is a dog player. Deliberately raised the forearm into Walkers face, then made sure he gave him extra when they hit the ground as well. The grub has form in this area and should go for a skate

Blair

Coach
Storm v Roosters has been absolutely outstanding so far
I thought it was in Melbourne because my mad Chooks mate was at work in the local supermarket.

Something's wrong there! He never misses a home game.

Anyway, the Storm won at the SCG.

Blair

Coach
Beave, we all know how we don't have any say in how our clubs are run, so I just want to ask what you'd do if Billy Slater ended up coaching Manly?

It won't happen, of course, but how far does club loyalty go?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Matt Lodge would test me more and I’d probably pull the pin on watching

My wife liked the name Billy for our boy, ruled that out very quick

Blair

Coach
And the Tigers misery continues, 30-4, final. No Kimmorley bounce!

Plus, just now, the Knights are getting thrashed by Penrith. We really do need two competitions, don't we?

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
34-4, Canterbury over the Eels. Final.

A boilover! Well, bugger me. Just what the competition needed. "Bulldogs blow away a disappointing Eels side behind the Matt Burton-Addo-Carr combo." (Leagueunlimited).

Round 14 Ladder:

1655108667978.png

Damn it, the spoon though, look! It's on.

Campion

Juniors
think the spoon is between us and the West Tigers. Bulldogs have a few more wins in them. Titans do too (in some absurd 40 points to 30 game because they sure won't win with their defence). I don't think either us or the Tigers have anymore than 1-2 wins left in the tank.

Blair

Coach
think the spoon is between us and the West Tigers. Bulldogs have a few more wins in them. Titans do too (in some absurd 40 points to 30 game because they sure won't win with their defence). I don't think either us or the Tigers have anymore than 1-2 wins left in the tank.
This makes our comeback game at Mt Smart even more important! I'm sure that's not how they'll market the match though.